Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
and what is your prognosis of success?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee. the wait is almost over we leave saturday public land DIY.

1 cow tag - highly confident Chad will get it filled.
1 bull tag - A little concerned the outfitter that hunts above me may have cleaned out all the legal bulls before I get there.

Everyone Else?????????????????? http://www.broncolope.com

Where is that wascally Wapiti?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We changed to 4th season this year. I haven't really liked the 3rd season conditions in recent years and none of us had the time off this year to take advantage of the longer 3rd season week.

Success? We hunt an undersubscribed unit with a low success rate. The undersubscribed unit allows us to hold a cow and bull tag and collect a point.

I usually get a cow here and can feel good about that given the low success, DIY, public land, odds. My goal, of course, is to fill the bull tag.

My brother has a far different mental approach to success than I do. He just takes whatever comes, doesn't count his kills, he is not bothered if he doesn't fill his tag - sort of a zen thing. He has killed many elk.

Mostly I would like to see the rookie in our group fill his tag.

Can't wait. Good luck to all.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'll be out with the rest of you. It's 4th season or nothing for me due to coaching responsibilities. I have a buck tag, fifth one in a row (the DOW must really like me). Alamosa I'm like your brother, I don't keep score, first legal buck I see is the one I'll stalk to kill. I'm a total meat hunter, my second choice is always a doe permit as is my third, for the same unit. To me hunting is my sanity, away from the "real" world. The five days of 4th season are the best four days of the year other than my wife and two daughter's birthdays. My youngest was born last year on the first day, so I missed the first three days till she went home. I done good in God's eyes, he rewarded me with my biggest mulie to date. All my hunts are DYI on public land with a pack on my back.

How a man acts when he wins reveals part of his character, how he acts when he loses reveals the rest.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well,

Last day at work or on the internet for 10 days.

Good luck Alomosa amd Miller and everyone else out there still chasing the Wapiti.

Hopefully will have some success to share when we get back -- But I wont be sharing my ELK jerky --

Where is that wascally Wapiti?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Good luck bud!!! Knock over a good one. We both know there are still a few to be had despite the outfitter. Enjoy the trip.

Shut up and hunt!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like the conditions out there today. I liked that wind too. I'll bet there were some elk killed today. Nice reward for the guys still out.

With a little luck we will have a similar blessing next week.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Brother & I are going next week. Looks like we finally bet right on weather. Either sex tags for 13 &tc.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We're going late season. Good luck all.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Unit 28 looking for a cow to fill the freezer. Looks like Grand will be getting 4-8" in the next 24. Hope I am in the right place. Good luck!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Unit 41 for Cow Elk. I sure wish the weather would have dumped some snow. It will be fun no matter what.

Bean

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 264mag, 23 invisible), 14,391 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,963
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.