Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I've heard Obama and the democrats are going to raise taxes on ammo by 500%. Any body out there loading up before Barry gets in the white house????

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's probably safe to say that there may be shortages of a magnitude greater than what we're seeing already. Guns may be harder to buy as well due to shortage.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
JHC!!!!!! Here we go again! I rememeber this happening in the early '90's. You couldn't get primers anywhere. Like prices aren't high enough -- let's go out and CREATE a shortage and drive the prices even higher!

No one KNOWS what is going to happen, and I can't blame anyone for trying to stock up on components. (I�ve got some guns and ammo rat-holed away myself). But this is like trying to "time the stock market." The possible scenarios are so varied that you better buy an arms distributor and hope government grandfathers in all existing supplies!

More important than buying out inventories is keeping a close eye on these bast****! Obama isn't stupid. My guess is he will choose his early battles wisely. Congress however -- now THESE people ARE stupid. And arrogant. And now, possibly intoxicated with power. They just might try to push some so-called gun-control legislation -- probably as an attachment to another bill. And once they finish working us over on taxes and healthcare, you may well see a pure gun-control bill of some sort.

Elections DO have consequences. We lost. Now we must resolve to be more vigilant. Join the NRA. Watch the news and read the papers. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR REPRESENTATIVES! Let them know where you draw the line. And if you must, stock up on components. But, stocking up won't solve the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not saying we should, simply that supply and demand rules will likely bear out the simple fact that "Gun-grabbing politicians tend to be the mostest and fastest selling guns and ammo sellers out there." (Much to their chagrin, I'm sure. wink )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"This is the happies day of my life. Obama, he say if I help him, he goin to help me. I wont have to put gas in my car and I wont have to pay my house note. Lord this the best day of my life."
Jane the Moocher

I will have lots of money to buy ammo when Barry goes in office.

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
No, you won't have extra money--you'll be paying for Jane the Moocher out of your own taxes.

Per the original post, yes, I've been slowly laying in stock piles as good deals have come up for a couple years now. It's only going to get worse.

Sorry kids...I didn't want the world to be this way for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought 8,000 rifle primers today. I've been needing to do that anyway, as my local stores have sporadic availability. Probably should have bought more but don't plan on going into absolute hoard mode as that sucks for everybody. Should last me quite a few seasons although it wouldn't make the year for some of the shooters here.....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been keeping a larger stock of on hand supplies since Clinton and Monihan proposed tagnets in powder and the 1000% ammo tax back in 1994. I don't go buy huge quanities, I just don't let myself get lower than my anticipated needs.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
..."Gun-grabbing politicians tend to be the mostest and fastest selling guns and ammo sellers out there." (Much to their chagrin, I'm sure. wink )

Back in the about 1993, I was listening to an interview with Charles Schumer in which he was pushing his gun-control agenda. Half way through the interview I shut the TV off, went to my local dealer, and bought a Mini-14. I thought about putting a plaque on it to the effect of "Dedicated to Charles Schumer, without whose continued harassment this would never have been purchased." That mini shot 6" groups at 50 yards! It has since been replaced by a couple of AR's.

I apologize if I came off harshly in my original post. Like I said, I fully understand the stockpiling thing. Could have maybe worded it better. I guess I was a little pissed about the election. Happy shooting!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think the first few months of the Obama adminsitration will be interesting. No doubt he is very anti gun. It was pretty obvious he stayed away from the gun issue as much as possible during the campaign. I wonder how well the anti gun democrats in the house and senate recall what happened after the Clinton semi-auto ban? During the next election they lost control of the house and senate for the first time in many years. Clinton said he felt the reason the democrats lost control was directly related to the gun issue.
I for one will take no chances, call it hording if you want, but I will not be caught short. I have been stocking up for years on reloading supplies and just about have all I need. I have molds for everything I shoot except one rifle and plenty of wheel weights.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just ordered a bunch the other night.

Adapt & Overcome
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No... but 2 new Dies and some more powder, bullets & Primers... but I was going to get those anyway

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
2k 5.56mm
5,000 Fed 215 primers
5X30rd mags

jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've been loading more than I shoot since they passed the 1968 gun law! It's not IF, it's only a matter of WHEN!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 70 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,989
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.