Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm sure enjoying the new Cabela's "Canada" catalogue.

The new "Canadian" edition is sure different than older "generic" versions. In this new edition you can shop for RIFLES, SHOTGUNS, and PISTOLS - not just black-powder and air guns as used to be the case!

A wide selection of Remington, Browning, Winchester, Savage, Ruger,Kimber, Thompson/Center, Mossberg, Stevens, Tikka, Marlin, H&R, Henry, CZ, Benelli, Stoeger, Franchi, Beretta, NEF and Traditions firearms are available.

Too cool!

A great catalogue, just got a whole lot better!

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow thats cool....hope it comes soon in the mail!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got mine a couple weeks back and was impressed with the line-up. I hope it teaches Wholesale Sports to start with a catalogue again or get lost in the dust.

On the other hand, it's disappointing to see S.I.R. to be sold to American interests.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Is it just me or does it seem strange that Wholesale Sports tried building Mini Cabelas store look a likes with the hope of being bought out???
Too bad the management doesnt have the combined brains to stock a hotdog stand. laugh

I like it here. They let me swear.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by POPGUN
Is it just me or does it seem strange that Wholesale Sports tried building Mini Cabelas store look a likes with the hope of being bought out???
Too bad the management doesnt have the combined brains to stock a hotdog stand. laugh

hmmm....seems it worked, Wholesale Sports was bought out a few months ago by UFA.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BCBrian

A wide selection of Remington, Browning, Winchester, Savage, Ruger,Kimber, Thompson/Center, Mossberg, Stevens, Tikka, Marlin, H&R, Henry, CZ, Benelli, Stoeger, Franchi, Beretta, NEF and Traditions firearms are available.

Just try to order one to see what they actually have in stock ..........

Over the last year I have emailed SIR/Cabela's regarding the availability of 3 differnt firearms they had listed on their web site. Surprise-surprise........... NONE were in stock.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bushrat
Originally Posted by POPGUN

hmmm....seems it worked, Wholesale Sports was bought out a few months ago by UFA.

Dont mean to hijack this thread but although I had heard tell that Wholesale had sold out , I did not know that UFA had purchased them.
UFA is a class team and I wish them every success.

I like it here. They let me swear.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The crappy things about S.I.R./Cabelas is the twenty pages of ceremonial/ninja knifes and swords, but no very little bullet selection over .338cal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cariboo

Just try to order one to see what they actually have in stock ..........

Over the last year I have emailed SIR/Cabela's regarding the availability of 3 differnt firearms they had listed on their web site. Surprise-surprise........... NONE were in stock.

+1

Last edited by SakoAlberta; 08/21/08.

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope they help the market up here, optics selection would be nice.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got mine, here in the Yukon, two weeks ago.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Just because UFA bought Wholesale means nothing unless they get rid of the dead weight and control obsessed managers. At least this is what I see in the Calgary store.

Just my opinion ......and I have so few.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Cariboo;
I was in the new Cabela's store in Winnipeg this August. I was surprised at the number of firearms they had displayed, but as time was limited, I didn�t really look to see which brands or models were there.

There seemed to be a pretty good supply of archery stuff, but it wasn�t priced as competitively as I thought they could have.

Camo clothes could be had by the truckload.

I went in looking specifically for the Meindl boots that the US Cabela�s carries and found none. I could find no US made Danners either. There were lots of off-shore boots, but that wasn�t what I happened to be looking for.

They had a fairly good stock of powders and rimfire ammo as well. They had primers, but not really a selection of brands, so I bought CCI, which was OK anyway.

I guess we�ll see what happens with the mail order business in Canada, eh? So far Russell�s in Calgary get the bulk of my mail order dollars, as the chaps that answer the phones there seem to know what they do and do not have in stock.

All the best to you in this hunting season.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried Whoesale and Cabelas,but no one seems to answer the phone any more.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Russells is great IMHO but.......sadly they were bought out by Wholesale a couple or so years ago. So far so good though WRT maintaining good service. I do prefer to shop Wholesale Sports in Lethbridge over Cal or Edm. Haven't had an opportunity to shop Cabelas in Wpg yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Russel's still maintains a seperate name though, as I just received their 08 Catalogue.

Ordered the new SIR/Cabela's catalogue on the Canadian site and they sent me 2 American fall catalogues......

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RiverOtter
Russel's still maintains a seperate name though, as I just received their 08 Catalogue.

Ordered the new SIR/Cabela's catalogue on the Canadian site and they sent me 2 American fall catalogues......

Better give Russells a call, they ripped you off if they sent an 08 catalogue LOL.
I got my 09 one a few weeks ago. You are right, kept the Russells name.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, you're right, my Russel's is an 09.
I was looking at the No Sale Sports catalogue, it's an 08.

RO

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wonder how long it will be before No Sale gets another catalogue out. Was many years between the lastest one and.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a new WSS catalogue this yr. I'm pretty sure it was directly related to the arrival of Cabelas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 10 invisible), 1,707 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.