Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rick,<P>I have one <B>huge</B> complaint!!!<P>We seem to have lost Texas-Hunter! :0<P>I'm about to suggest a boycott of this fine website, if you don't get him back. [Linked Image]<P>Let's see how would Tex handle this???? Oh yea, he'd start an annoying whiney chant like this...<P>We want Tex!<BR>We want Tex!<BR>We want Tex!<BR>JJHack give me a bear story!<BR>We want Tex!<BR>We want Tex...<P>Lastly, you better increase Ken Howells salary, he's putting out way too much good info for what your paying him. [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

GB1

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
BW:<P>Working on that already. Sent Tex an email last night and he had some lame excuse about work and PC problems and yada, yada, yada. [Linked Image] I'll see if I can roust his sorry @$$ again.<P>As to everyone else, I don't know whether to be pleased or not. I mean, I really appreciate that everyone is content. I like that. That's my goal. But I also wanna make the site better. Shall I start a new thread?<P>Rick<BR>

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubb/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]<P>badger.<P>PS: Anyone heard from Toons & Hubby lately?<P>------------------<BR>Gun control is good bullet placement.....<p>[This message has been edited by badger (edited May 02, 2001).]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You have done a great job with the board and it just keeps getting better because of the good people who visit here. Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick this is a good site. Every body is happy with it as it is from what I see. I am sure it must be a task to keep it running and you are doing a fine job. We appreciate it. Now why would you want to get itchy fingers and go to poking around in the bits and bytes and other assorted doohickeys and get every body in a swivet and take a chance on louseing up the whole show? Just sit back and put your feet up and sip a cool one and let the bet ride.<BR>Looks to me like most all come around the fire more for who is here than any thing else. I agree with that and no amount of poking and prying and proding with the electrons will change that much if at all.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RICK,All I know about computers is how to click on the adress bar and scroll down to the campfire,so I aint much help.I like it just fine and about the only improvement might be sort of 2nd hand:change it and I probably cant find it!grin<P>Remember this,better is the enemy of good enough.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like it for the wide variety of subjects and the quality of posters.<BR>I am satisfied the way it is. However we should not be afraid to think "outside the box", and if someone has a better idea we should consider it.

G
G
Rick,great format and some of the best<BR>behaved and most helpful people on the net.<BR> I also like the fact that you attracting<BR>a wide range of ages and experience. Shows<BR>you are doing a bunch right! [Linked Image]

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Rick,I can't add anything that hasn't been said already.Leave it be.<P>mike

J
J
Rick: I'm snakebit! You've never demonstrated anything less than a genuine and successful effort to please, with no hidden agenda. But, I must admit, anymore, terms like: that's progress, new and improved, etc., have come to mean, "gonna cost you", "here comes another pain in the a$$", "ain't gonna work as good as it useta" and "likely to lose something". I'm sure many well-intended efforts elsewhere have resulted in disappointments fitting such categories... we've seen it mighty close to home and in virtually every enterprise we use. What you've got here works very well, indeed; better than almost all others and exceeded by none. Please, find comfort in our unanimous pleasure, stand back, and admire your good work. Best. -John

IC B3

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick,<BR>It's a people thing for me.<BR>There are good folks here,and they are reason I stop in whenever I get time.<BR>I liked the format on the old shooters board better at first,but now this is second nature.<BR>Change is traumatic to most of us that just want to have a "comfy framiliar place" to hang out.<BR>I say leave it alone,unless you have a better idea!<BR>Thanks for putting up with us yahoos so far!<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, someone has to kick the fire a little just to show it's still alive. Rick, how about numbering the posts so a person can refer to a particular post. I still like to see the posts come in as we talk like sho****s but everyone likes this best, so be it. You are doing a good job and the numbers prove it. When I am late, day or two, and see a post I would like to reply to if it had a number would make things much easier. Hope you make a million. -- no<BR>You coming to the Slam in CO? Bet a bunch would come to meet you. Tom has a BIG tent.

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rick, I would be happy if you didn't change a thing! The companionship here is great, and everybody is friendly. The setup of the website is great, and it is being run very well. <BR> There is only one very minor suggestion. Could you please make a thing so as to see who last replied on a certain thread? <BR> Other than that, there is nothing to add. Thank you very much for running this site and putting up with us all. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like everything just the way it is.<P>If I had to pick one other thing to change it would be to add a hog hunting section, that's all. but I don't konw what the demand would be.<P>otherwise nuthin.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Rick: I hate change with a passion! Constant change is something best left to the Rocket Scientist, and Engineers of the world. Most folks prefer something that works. I've seen no problems. Heard of no problems. And enjoy the Company.<P>If it ain't broke don't fix it.<P>Phil

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As far as the forums are concerned I'm content.<BR>The articles or whatever could be changed more often. I bookmarked the home page so I see "For The Love Of Mercy" everytime. I pretty well have that first page memorized [Linked Image]<BR>I might suggest that whatever changes you have in mind you send up as a trial balloon first and phase them in one at a time so us cranky, stick in the cybermud, hate-all-changes, types won't go into shock [Linked Image] Joe.

'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Hey Rick....no, I'm not dead....just been working my butt off so this is the first time in a week for me to sign on,...SORRY! [Linked Image]<P>The Campfire is great....in fact....I almost got assasinated along with B'cat, Yooper and a few others for starting this very sort of Campfire topic for BS discussions, not always pertaining to calibers or shot placement [Linked Image] on anpother forum that wasn't quite ready for a campfire talk forum......guess we were a little before our time there. I was thrilled to see you had one here, because it's not always about "is a .243 big enough for elk?" or.... "or should I shoot him through the right eye... or left?" [Linked Image]<P>You have an excellent format, and as mentioned above, a great group of members who make it all that much better......keep up the great work!!!<BR>DS

'Slayer
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rick change if you must but please do it in very tiny increments so we won't know that change has been affected. You can start, for example By spelling your name say... ric then in three or four months try Ric... don't change any more or any faster than that. This is too good to get any better.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
If we could get a box of ammo with every ten posts, well, that would be a huge improvement. [Linked Image]<P>Barring that, I'd have to echo the general sentiment - really like the place. Good people, good information, a friendly atmosphere. I visit every evening, even if I don't post.<P>I like it here. <P>New content? We'd all like to see that. But you and I know why I shouldn't even be bringing that up. (Hey, I'll get to it!)<P>Greggun<BR>

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Rick, I think it's great just as it is, Thanks........deadeye

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 1234, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,709 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,793
Posts18,536,406
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.