Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Bill .338,

not specific to quebec anyway ???!!!

we had some hunters in the camp that came from Tuttulik Outfitters at the end of the season ...

one question : why did you change your outfitter ? i mean you had great experiences and they re still in the area (safari nordik) ?

see you

GB1

M
M
ruger......Quebec has some great outfitters, but as you know there have been some big problems in the last few years. Can be said elsewhere as well.

Say do you have a good recommendation for a place for a hardened Canadian caribou hunter? You know cheap and self guided?

Let me know.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Makwa,

Cheap and self guided ???!!!

this is really an adventure i wont consider if you re not experiented ...(sp ???) i mean the game hunt and process is not a concern if you have already gutted skinned and debonned a deer or a bear but the problems is where you re going i mean north can be so harsh ...

i ve seen hunters able to pay more than 7000 usd and coming without rubber boots nor good rain gear and with jeans... goretex is not working there and we re not in SE alaska ...
we had a self-guided camp this year but i dont think anymore ... they had good results mainly due to camp manager ...
well i see with friends and back to you.

see you.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
in first I m thinking about Jack Hume ops this is not self guided but 1 guide for 6 including the food (something you dont have to bring with you ..)
be back with you latter for our ops.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I got some bad info on the price of Safari Nordik's hunt last year so I went with Tuttulik. Bad move!

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Bill,

The price is always the battle i can understand ...

but in north ops i think cheap is no place for thinking about that ...

Safari Nordik/Mirage are expensive true but you have a real service (guides, staff, support, move to another camp ...) and more important experiences and good feedback from previous hunters.

wish you the best.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
M
nice wolverine......I do not post pictures of hunters Jordan....I write for magazines and book....so do not post pictures on forums.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
BGunn,

there is only one outfit doing Quebec and Labrador (and this is an american operator ...) huntings for all the other outfitters remains in the Quebec side ... for the quebec part of course ...

we re very watched by the labardor province officials and that is normal on my opinion ... i no more hunt and guide on this side of the province as i prefer the hudson side but that s another story ...

this map you shown is only an indication and maybe you know this : more than 500 000 animals and less than 100 collared female didnt reflect reality ...

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Many years ago my hunting buddy & I spent over 2 weeks hunting the Torngat Mountains in Labrador with Inuits. The Koroc Herd does not migrate but roams over the mountains. Huge trophies & hunting in as big a wilderness area as may well exist. Black bear were every where but we didn't see any over 225 lbs. The bush plane that was to fly food in daily from the base camp was stranded due to fog & high winds for about 2 weeks. We existed on spuds, caribou & bear meat, & Artic Char we caught out of the lake we camped on. I need to resurrect the old photos & post. It was an amazing adventure.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone have any experience or feedback on Leaf River Lodge with Alain Trardif?

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Alain Tardif operates a very good outfit but the problem is the way to get there. there is only one company operating aircrafts and this company owns too some other outfitters so it may happen that you ll be no the first getting in your camp. if you know that the others stuffs is hassle free with Alain.

if you re going there ask for going to Desbergeres lake where the biggest black bruins are taken in Qu�bec and scenery is perfect .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (44mc, 2UP, 21, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 35, 12 invisible), 1,098 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,210
Posts18,524,280
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.