Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by thechamp
Originally Posted by corporal cleg
Originally Posted by 338Federal
corporal cleg, come out. Did you vote FOR Obama? Seem to be doing a little guilty side-stepping here.

Side stepping? I dont think so.
To answer your question-No I did not vote for Obama. Nor did I vote for McCain. I do not vote for gun grabbers (unlike the NRA).

So you were content to allow the biggest liberal in America to get elected? Most of us didn't like McCain either, but this was a case where you voted for the platform and the party. Not necessarily the idiot leading the ticket. The republicans would have kept McCain straight. For all his maverick crap he sure was singing the republican tune on 99% of the issues. You're making this really difficult. You'd rather not vote for the lesser of evils and thusly allow the most evil dictator ever to get himself elected? Wow what a concept...

NOT!

Ill keep this brief. The Republican party is lost. They used to AT LEAST speak of financial responsibility, smaller government, individual rights, etc. After six years of power, they COMPLETELY abandoned those ideals- Six years of ridiculous spending, bloated government, and Rights stomping. The Republican party would not have kept McCain "straight" because the Republican party is crooked. There is no longer a Republican "tune"-their tune is hardly distinguishable from the Democrats. The tune of fiscal responsibility, small government , and individual rights is no longer being sung by the GOP. Their tune is now big government, big spending-but "different" than the big government the democrats want.
I wouldnt say I was "content" with Obama getting elected, but I would say it is better for conservative ideals-because now there is a chance that conservatism will pop its head out again. Instead of burying their head in the sand, as they did when the GOP was running the show, Conservatives will once again speak against big government.
If McCain was president, the conservatives would continue to remain mute as McCain advanced a big government agenda.
If the concern was having Republicans in charge, than vote for Rrepublicns. If the concern is "conservatism", then the best thing is to let the GOP crash, and start over again.
Take a page from the Democrat playbook-when they crashed, they didnt fold, and take a non existing middle road. They put Pelosi, Howard Dean, Obama-the most ardent big government radicals in place, and now the radicals are running the show.
Republicans should do the same, just on the other side of the spectrum. Now that the radicals are running the show, the GOP can finally get on with building a party of smaller government, fiscal responsibility, etc.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's funny. I have been a member of the NRA for 20 years and a hunter for 35. I am not a gun collector at all. I use my guns as tools to support my hobbies. Deer hunting, duck hunting, bird hunting, etc. Of course I would use a gun to defend my family or property like most of us would. I have never had a desire to own an assault weapon, never saw the need. Well guys, I see the need now. I just bought a Mini 14 and 2 40 round magazines. I encourage anyone else reading this to entertain the idea that in a few months that may never be possible again.

Something else to think about. Being from Delaware I know a little too much about Joe Biden. He's been trying to regulate our firearms for years. He will put as much "horsepower" behind Barry as possible.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Please don't call a Mini 14 an "assault weapon"; thats just what they want!!!!! I've bought two AR-15's in the last (18) months in anticipation of this and really enjoy shooting them. As to Joe Biden, I couldn't agree more.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
corporal cleg, come out. Did you vote FOR Obama? Seem to be doing a little guilty side-stepping here.

To answer your question-No I did not vote for Obama. Nor did I vote for McCain. I do not vote for gun grabbers (unlike the NRA).

So basically you did not vote, therefore you don't deserve to have an opinion or bitch, period......

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good point Chris. Sorry for the mis-classification.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by tx270

So basically you did not vote, therefore you don't deserve to have an opinion or bitch, period......

Wrong on all counts. I voted and deserve to have an opinion (whatever that means).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The list of betrayals by the NRA is a long one. It's the same people in the NRA that have sold the American people down the tube for a vary long time. Remember the NRA support of the instant back ground check? Remember the NRA support of the gun registration through FFL dealers.

I know of only one organization that has stood for American gun owners and that is the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some think this crazy, I fully agree.

Originally Posted by BennyLumpkin
I think the reason he wants to take our guns soo badly is so when we're all disarmed his Muslim towlhead brethren can invade our country and we'll be DEFENSELESS

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Cleg, if you did vote, I assume for an independent or other, I apologize. I just assumed you didn't vote by your post.

Bill

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The NRA is still our best chance, and the primary reason we still have the freedoms we do. We need more members because there is strength in numbers. We need political clout more than ever now, and we need organization. No other organization swings as big a stick as the NRA.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I have to say on this subject is , the guy who thinks he is gonna take my guns from me better be able to catch solid copper between his teeth . End of story.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by spr1
The NRA is still our best chance, and the primary reason we still have the freedoms we do. We need more members because there is strength in numbers. We need political clout more than ever now, and we need organization. No other organization swings as big a stick as the NRA.

Agree! If there was ever a time for them it's NOW and the next 2 years. I really think these bastards will self destruct with their leftist agenda and the elections in 2 years will neuter them but it's two long years of anything goes. And they are rolling in the isle laughing their ass off with anticipation. A blank check written by the biggest bunch of fools in history!

J
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
J

ABSOLUTELY 100% CORRECT. If you are not part of the solution,you are part of the problem.I don't ever recall any gun owner jumping up and down over John McCain,he quite simpl was the lesser of two evils.As far as the obama bin biden anti-gun machine,WE ALL NEED TO MAKE SURE OUR NRA MEMBERSHIPS ARE ACTIVE.It is time we speak with our money instead of our mouths,Lip service has gotten us to where we are...SCREWED!!!
JIM

HM3 USN
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Where is Popapi and his cronies now? Not to mention Dan Cooper?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
god is the only being that will take my guns away.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,821
Posts18,516,710
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.