Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
deciphered is the proper word :-)

All I hear is peeing and moaning about things some of you don't like; not a single decent solution has been offered. It would be rather hard to find some unbiased person to police the bias.

Rush just claims to be an entertainer so therefore he is allowed to say what he wishes; some people live by Rushs words like they do the gospel so who draws the line. Can CNN have an "entertainment " program.

It's a can of worms and poor old crossfire doesn't know where the off switch is on his radio.

Freedom isn't simple.

Piper

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
deciphered is the proper word

I bow to your intellect, shame on me.

Freedom isn't simple.

Central government isn't freedom.

Jeff
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
not a single decent solution has been offered. It

I agree, two were offered, and I'm confident would solve the problem.

Providing facts, not formulating opinion is what a free press was intended to be about.
Political advocacy is subject to law, the press now being advocates, should be as well.
The next step is demand political neutrality in educational institutions that receive public dollars

Last edited by let_me_in; 11/12/08.

Jeff
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
CNN... "No Bias No Bull" programing..... yeah and I'll take both the bridge and the prime swamp land with that.... desperate grab at falling advertizing revenues.... America maybe starting to wake up.... drive a stake through the old media I say

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/campbell.brown/

Please don't feed the trolls!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A free unbiased press is our best hope.

I won't be holding my breath.

Jeff
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
America maybe starting to wake up....

It will take some time and discomfort, but America will be fine.

Jeff
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking forward to the old media's demise. Every time someone who is sick of them doesn't click on their web a little more cash is taken away from them.... can't happen soon enough

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The only thing I'll add to this line is that WE, as a people, are absolutely free to change our minds as to what we read.. IMHO, the Pioneer Press is not nearly as leftist-leaning as the Red Star (Murderapolis Star-Trib..) which is so far into the tank for leftist democrats that they can only be rescued by a DSMV.....and their continuing downward spiral of circulation numbers should, if they had even 10% of a collective brain, tell them that just MAYBE they should go back to reporting the news instead of making it..

Unfortunately, a 'free and unbiased press' has long gone the way of the Dodo bird.. Which means we, as a people, should be smart enough to peruse many other news sources of all types (paper, electronic etc..) in order to obtain as much true information as possible.. Sometimes this can take some real effort..

What kills me is the newly elected majority in the House etc. are, even as I type this, doing whatever they can/must do in order to bring back the 'fairness doctrine' which is anything BUT fair.. These morons are supposed to uphold the Constitution yet, by enacting this crap, will then legally circumvent the First Amendment and effectively silence the majority of talk radio.. Funny in that it won't apply to TV or Cable/Satellite; just radio.. You think it has anything to do with Rush or Hannity? Ya think??

Even though we may not like many things that are protected under the First Amendment, it is what it is and people can accept it or choose NOT to view whatever offends them..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Unfortunately, a 'free and unbiased press' has long gone the way of the Dodo bird.. Which means we, as a people, should be smart enough to peruse many other news sources of all types (paper, electronic etc..) in order to obtain as much true information as possible.. Sometimes this can take some real effort..

Bingo

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Red Star (Murderapolis Star-Trib..)

I didn't type that one for fear of my keyboard bursting to flame.

I get your message of "don't support them", and agree. The only way to know what they are doing however is to read or listen to' em.

Along with financial undoing, a loud voice of dissent is, in my view, long overdue,

newly elected majority in the House etc. are, even as I type this, doing whatever they can/must do in order to bring back the 'fairness doctrine'

With every decibel of voice, I'll demand their doctrine be applied to those who been offending the longest: network news, print media, PBS and NPR.

Jeff
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
... anyone think this kind of effort can help to turn the left wing tide?

Not so much, sorry to say, but it doesn't have to be that complicated IMO. We just all need to 'vote with our feet'. Don't watch their channels, buy their newspapers, or click the links on their websites.

Support the media you believe in.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22250rem, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.