Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
What exactly is the plural of Taurus? I don't know, but I do know that considering the question is a fine dilemma to have grin

Picked up a second PT 1911, in stainless, yesterday, Taurus' (possessive form is no sweat, plural is what's eatin' me) $75 rebate and a sale at the gun store makes the cost $485 which is a sweet deal. Shot thirty rounds through this morning, sights are dead on at 15 yards. Going to replace the full length guide rod with a standard plug and rod assembly, otherwise I intend to shoot the bejeebers out of it. It's blued brother, which I bought back in July, has seen north of 1100 rounds and is still going strong. I switched recoil springs in it, and changed to a standard rod and plug assembly but otherwise it's stock.

Taurus gets a bum rap from time to time, but I'd put these two up against an entry level Kimber any day.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Iv'e been carrying the stainless since it finally came out last winter, it's my second one (have a blue as well) and FWIW, both of them have been flawless and completely reliable. You really got a deal with that rebate program, how can you beat it for under $500.00 brand new?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

The plural form of "Taurus" is: Tauruses or Tauri.
... (Dictionary MSN Encarta)

... Or simply, "Bulls".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The correct form is "I have several Taurus pistols."

(Very nice photo, by the way.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon,

The first blued Taurus 1911's I saw left much to be desired. Sounds like they're getting squared away on that model. I'm a big fan of Taurus and I think they make one hell of a product for the money you part with. $485 for a well appointed 1911 is a good deal. $485 for a well appointed 1911 that works as well as your does, it just smart money.

Also, good call on the standard spring guide. I think full length spring guides in a 1911 is an abomination, and actually detracts from the functionality of the gun.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im real tickeled with my PT1911 stainless...I believe that is a heckuva value for the buck these days..Ive shot some big money brands that wont come close to point of aim even with good ammo...

It must feel so good to be right all the time.....
Click "Ignore"..get rid of the whore..
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
using our Southern venacular:Tarses as in "that Ol'boy kevin gibson kilt a deer using his pair of tarses .45's." Not grammatically or politically correct but how we would "say" it.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by P_Weed

The plural form of "Taurus" is: Tauruses or Tauri.
... (Dictionary MSN Encarta)

... Or simply, "Bulls".

Yep- "Tauri"with only one "i". 2nd declension masculine I think, although how on earth I can remember Grade 8 or 9 Latin after 40 years I don't know.

BTW, Finland's Radio 1 (www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/) broadcasts the news in Latin. And that's no bull! Try listening to the election results next week!

smile Stuart

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would'nt buy a Taurus because they have decided to work with the state of NJ to develope a smart gun.and according to NJ law once there is a single smart gun available to the public every other handgun will be illeagal in NJ and have to be turned in.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Good luck with that pair of Taurus pistols. And a great photo.
Never owned a Taurus myself, but have heard a lot of positive feedback from owners.

English grammar was NOT my strong suit in HS or college, but I would say if the word is a general noun, such as cactus, then the plural would be cacti. A name, like Taurus, would be best used as is with a phrase like "a pair of" or "a number of" preceding it. I THINK that Taurus' is the possesive form.
'Course with the friends I hang around with, most would never know the diff.

Joearcher
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Bum rap" or not, I don't get it. Sure, I see the niche for affordable firearms, but there's a $1,000 worth of near identical budget 1911's.

"I could've had a V8," comes to mind.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Yes, but then I wouldn't have two grin Two is one, one is none so the saying goes. I was at an all day shooting class a few months back when another student's $1,000+ Kimber busted its external extractor. He only had one gun with him, and had to borrow a Glock. His hits went way down. Two lessons there: (1) always have a backup and (2) cross train on different platforms.

Sure, I could've had a V8. In point of fact, I do: This is one 45 ACP that'll never jam grin

[Linked Image]

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sweet revolver - you skipped over V8 and went right to Glendfiddich. My faith in humanity is restored. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.