Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#25774 05/04/01
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Might I suggest that we reserve one section of this forum for those of us who want to call one or the others of us an a--hole, stupid, bas--rd, immature, etc. This way, all the nasty stuff would be contained in one section and the rest of us could discuss guns and hunting without this bull--it. What do you think?

#25775 05/04/01
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John:<P>Sounds like a good idea in theory, but how to enforce it?<P>But I'm all ears.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
#25776 05/04/01
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rick a special section in the forum is a bad idea for one reason only, it would be a waste of time for the interlopers like Mr? JayH would not use it. They are after reactions and they would not get what they seek in a section where such activity is the norm. Look at JayH's trread it starts out civilized on his part and then quickley deterorates into verbal assult draging along as many victims has he can. Jay H is the only winner in this sort of attack, it's just like the anti gun folks tacticts. Make a seemingly rational statement, defend it with other peoples opinions who happen to support your unfounded statements and then take rational people down to your level so you can feel as if you have won the prize. Of course you would then have to slink off into obsucuity until you were ready to attack again.<BR>This is their method Rick don't give an inch. <BR>John your idea has merrit and it would be nice if it would work. I think it would for most of us as civilized folks it just won't stop the JayH's from attacking us. We need to do just as we did, have a little fun with the punks then ignore them so they will go away and play their games else wheres.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
#25777 05/05/01
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get flamed enough right here, we don't need a cracker barrel HERE to attract the unwanted. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
#25778 05/05/01
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Rick, Ya might talk to Moosie on it. We tried it over on Moosies site, and had a section Labeled PIG PEN!!! Any fights that erupted got sent to the pig pen.... I dont think it worked real well there and I dont think it will work here, but thats my opinion. I think the best way is just like you are doing and emailing the parties involved, and trying to tone it down. Keep up the good work.bcat<P>------------------<BR>If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
IC B2

#25779 05/06/01
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Bullwnkl, there ya go again bad mouthing me.<BR>Now thats not very nice my friend. I really feel hurt by your stinging words. [Linked Image]<P>Perhaps Rick would be kind enough to let just you and me into this little room to have a nice chat.<P>Woulden't you like that?<P>You all have a good day!

Jester/Alfa 99Gang
#25780 05/05/01
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jay H I would rather meet you in person have a cup of coffee and part friends, don't think will ever happen until you tell me who you really are. This has been fun pal. <P>Take care.<P>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
#25781 05/06/01
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I am glad you enjoyed the "fun" Bullwnkl. As I said before I do not give out any personal information. A cup of coffie would be fine but it would be a tad of a walk to Washington<BR>State from here.<P>Have a good one.

Jester/Alfa 99Gang
#25782 05/06/01
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Bullwnkl, Just so you get this straight. I am a retired bussiness man, I am an NRA certified rifle, pistol and shotgun instructor as is my wife also. I am also a ham radio operator and you ain't going to get my call sign so don't ask!<P>As to the other thread where we had our little dis-Cussin, I voiced my opinions as you did yours. We do not agree on that subject.<P>I have very little tolerance with some people<BR>for various reasons. Perhaps a falt on my part. But as I say... I am what I am said Popeye the sailor man.<P>You have a good day.

Jester/Alfa 99Gang
#25783 05/06/01
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
JayH top of the morning to ya. Well if ya don't want to do the walk to my neck of the woods just sit back and enjoy the day and have a cup on me. <BR>After this last go round there are a lot of folks round this camp fire who felt you pizzed on the fire,they would like to see you go away... not me...but some folks.<BR>Some times we all need to get a bit riled just to see things in a different manner. Your subject of Kerry was a good one too bad it went into the dumpers by the personal attacks that many of fell into. Any way no harm done just words exchanged.<BR>I don't care to know where you are or how to contact you except right here. If you are a Ham thats cool. My buddy says there is a way a ham can use the railroad comm system to place phone calls. Do you know anything about such a deal? Sounds kinda illegal to me. You gotta be a ornery cuss to put up with the stuff that was pitched at ya, of course you started it. Time to head for the range and waste some ammo.<P>Take care.<P>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
IC B3

#25784 05/07/01
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You can do a phone patch off many repeaters.<BR>Local Arrl club here charges 10 cents per call. Honor system deal. I just give them 5 bucks a year. I don't make but a couple calls a year off it as I have my own phone pach on my 2 meter base. Sure beats the cell phone around here, Mostly mountains with alot of dead spots with a cell phone but good reception with a HT.<P>Used to be able to talk with MIRV but that is gone now. Not much of a window anyway and damm hard to get in.<P>I just checked in on another board a couple of us guys use. Seems one of the regulars, a good friend of mine and a Vet also posted on the Kerrey thread with some strong language<BR>about what he thought about Kerry and how he got the MOH. Very interesting reading.<P>Too bad the web master saw fit to deleat all his posts. He is now in a rage over this. Nothing like the PC police hiding the Truth. They could have edited out the rough language and left the rest of his post.<P>I don't think much of people that deleat others posts, reguardless of what was written.<P>Perhaps Rick would like to address this.<P>Have a good one.

Jester/Alfa 99Gang
#25785 05/06/01
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
JayH, this Kerry thing is a tough call, memories change with time as do opinions. I was 16 in 1969 and against the Vietnam war, I lost a cousin and and older friends brother there. But at that age it is difficult not to follow the crowd. As I got older and the war was abandoned I began to see the world a little diferently there were deaths on both sides that were needless but it was war and I personaly had no involvement. I have always had respect for the American soldiers. i was out raged at the people who spat upon returning soldiers and called them baby killers. I also lived in a isolated community in SE Alaska where todays news usually didn't arive for a week and TV news was three months old.I had access to Radio Moscow english broadcast at night as well as Seattle radio. If one listened to both you would swear that there two seperate conflicts happening. <BR>As far as Purple Hearts...0 this is a good thing. I know little of the military from actual expirence. I believe that The Navy Seals are heros in that they asked to do the dirty work as service to their country. Of course there is always those who just want to be Bad Arses, but I believe the unit comes first then the individual, this usually weeds out the wanna be hero types in any orginazation except government civilian employment.Here I have spent much time and know of what I speak. Now that we have managed to find a civil cord I think Rick did the rite thing he let it go until we got to this point, no PC police. In my lowley opinion that is the best thing that came out of this thread.<BR>Thanks for the info on the radio stuff, I was wondering if my friend was able to make calls to Montana.<P>Bullwnkl. <P>

Business as usual
#25786 05/06/01
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JayH,<BR>I gotta add my two cents to this discussion also, I jumped because I have some pretty bad and scary memories about that war which give me some very strong feelings on the subject. This sometimes colors my opinions and my mouth gets ahead of my brain. But if we can keep it civil, the exchange of ideas is what it is all about. I value all of them even if I don't always agree and by golly that is what the First amendment is all about. Actually I thank you for reminding me!<BR>Have a good one. T LEE<P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY!.........Freedoms greatest enemy!</B><p>[This message has been edited by T LEE (edited May 06, 2001).]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

#25787 05/06/01
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
JayH, when you are in a civil manner you can actually have some pretty wise thoughts. This goes for everybody: if all you have to add to the topic is insults, then simply don't add them. <BR> JayH, what I said about you making an ___ of yourself was not intended as a personal attack (in case you misintrepeted it), it was meant as a warning that you are not endearing yourself to others by insulting them. Of course, no one ever will.<BR> What you said on the thread on the second amendment was well thought out and well said. You may yet get some respect here. You certainly have some from me for that post. Have a wonderful day! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
#25788 05/07/01
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Bullwnkl, Can you put up a big C/KU band satellite dish where you are and get TV reception? I use a 12 footer here, works great. Cable is available here and most folks went to that or the small dish and scraped their Big dishes. The Problem with the big dishes here is that everyone had them installed with the screw jacks that would freeze in the winter instead of using a horizon to horizon mount (costs more). Never had a problem with mine in 13 years and I relocated (moved) it twice.<P>You might want to consider getting a ham radio lisense. You can start with a tech lisense first, it dose not require morse code<BR>but restricts you to VHF and UHF only. If you move on to the tech plus, requires Morse code and you get 10 meters, or to a general lisense then you have access to the HF bands and can talk all over the world.<P>It took me about 4 hours of study to get my Tech lisense but I have an electrical background and was familiar with the stuff. It would probly take others a bit longer.<P>If you were to pick up the study book from ARRL, costs about 20 bucks, it covers every thing including the test questions and gives you the answers. It costs a 7 bucks to take the test, the test is given locally by other hams. Check it out if you are interested.<P><A HREF="http://www.arrl.org/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.arrl.org/</A><P>Ok guys, just because I made a couple "civil" posts don't get all mushy and expect it all the time.<BR>I carry a big hammer and I am not afraid to put it to good use on anyone that rubs me the wrong way.....LOL<P>Have a good one! [Linked Image]<P><BR>

Jester/Alfa 99Gang
#25789 05/08/01
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jay, Have no fear I do too and it gets loose frequently also. But as I said in my other post thats what is all about , but if we stick to the issue and not get personel plenty of excellant information and opinion is shared. Yes feelings can get hurt if all do not agree but that is what being free men and women is all about. Being free to have our own opinions and beliefs and not have others forced upon us. I would try to convince you but <B>NOT</B> force you to agree with me. [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY!.........Freedoms greatest enemy!</B>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,348
Posts18,506,238
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.