Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Who is currently making the most accurate inline ML?
What is the best inline for the money?
Any inlines that you do not recommend?
Thanks

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are many variables that can go into the "best" equation. I am rather happy with my Disc Extreme & Original Disc Knights. They shoot good the trigger is very good. Some don't like the plastic discs on the more original Knights, they don't bother me.
I use a socket with extension to remove the breech plug. There may be easier plug removal methods out there.

Once I get set-up I like to have total confidence when that shot presents itself. It does not bother me one bit when another is very passionate about a M-L that is of another brand. Also there are all the variables with loads & powders that can make a big difference on how they perform.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Who is currently making the most accurate inline ML?
What is the best inline for the money?
While both questions are prone to shooter abilities and patience, individual guns, and some subjectivity, I would heartily recommend the Savage ML-10. I believe it's the best value for the money given it will do what few others will do, and that is use smokeless powder. A couple others will also shoot smokeless but are multiples of dollars higher in cost. You don't have to shoot smokeless in the Savage, you just can, and I do.

As for accuracy, a couple of years ago I shot a 3 shot one hole group that started with the first round that had been loaded the previous year, the second shot fired about 3 hours later, and the third shot fired the next day. Then I got in a hurry and put another two besides the three shot hole that bumped the 5 shot group out to a little less than 1". It won't do that everyday, but nearly enough that accuracy is not a problem with my Savage. I can't remember it shooting anything greater than 2" in load developement.

The Savage is also one of the strongest ML's on the market. It is not without faults, weight and ease of bolt removal being a couple, but neither are egregious, particularly in light of the many more numberous attributes.

Best wishes in your search and selection.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I absolutely agree with "RickyD" but for longevity (Savage not included) I would place my bet on T/C. What would you expect me to say with a handle like Doctor Encore.

I do have concerns about the smaller companies ability to weather a long term recession in the sporting gun industry.

Savage and T/C has been the the most profitable domestic gun companies for the last 3 years.

Doc

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
+ 1 on the Savage ML-10.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree the Savage may be worth checking out.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have gone through three Knight DISC rifles as they evolved and still have one I never use.

I have had one Encore muzzleloader but binned it in favor of an Omega. I wish the Omega had been available when I bought my first in-line.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
lots of muzzleloaders out there, but all have their flaws and set backs.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Who sells the Savage ML-10

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Natchez shooters supplies has the Savage, in their current catalog anyway. natchezss.com

IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Tackdriven, noticed you are from Indy, The Outdoorsman in Greenwood carries the Savage. The little gun shop in Plainfield next to where Galyans was forever had one left a few weeks ago.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Thanks HuntMeister I was thinking about calling Plainfield shooters supply in the morning to see what they have.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I love my Knight Wolverine 209 with stainless barrel.
Wife bought me an Encore, selling the knight, if you are looking for one check this ad out and some of the comments left by others.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...&topic=0&Search=true#Post2567587

My Knight is lighter than the Encore, shoots as well or better, but I can't complain about real tight groups at 100 yds with iron sights on either of them, they will both do better than I can at 100.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some will say different but my CVA optima elite shoots one ragged hole at 100 yards. I saw a couple of guys that were shooting a T/C omega and could not get thiers to group under 4" and wasted alot of time and money. Tried 5 different powders and several different bullets and primers. I saw a couple hundred dollars on there shooting table just in supplies. Then along came 2 other friends and one was shooting a CVA wolf and the other a ROSSI. Thats right I said Rossi!! Even I was laughing at first until he started shooting. I shut up real quick. As I remember the cva wolf was shooting tripple 7 pellets and horady bullets and the rossi was shooting Shockey's Gold (loose powder) and barnes bullets. The cva was at about 1.5" groups and the rossi was under 1" groups. All were three shot groups. The other two shooting T/C omega's are now shooting Rossi's. The thing is, all modern muzzle loaders should shoot well if you go through the load process. With that being said, you will still find lemons in all brands. Find what fits you best and go for it.

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tackdriven,
Talk to Doug (either one) at the Outdoorsman and they'll set you up. PM me if you need a reference.
BTW saw a Dick's ad in the Indy Star last week and they had the Omega with thumbhole synthetic stock and weathershield barrel for $350. T/C is offering a $50 rebate so $300 for that gun is an awesome deal!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
M
M
I guess the question rules out White's since they are not currently being made.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have had, among others, a Rossi for 4 years. It is an absolute tack driver, but not with Shockeys. T7 is a lot more consistent for me. The real problem for the Rossi is fouling of the guts of the thing, caused by blowback. After a range session, I had a bad problem with failure to fire. (light strikes on the primer) Took the gun apart, and it was UNBELIEVABLY dirty in there! Besides light strikes, the hammer was VERY hard to pull back occasionally. This was caused by blowback fouling the locking plate for the barrel release, preventing it from fully engaging, and thus, blocking the hammer. There are better designs out there, that require a lot less maintenance. (including my old sidelock) It will shoot like the dickens though!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kimber 7 I just took advantage of that omega deal at dicks . I had a 100 dollar gift certificate from last Xmas and a 20% off coupon to boot . So I got the Nikon omega BDC 250 scope and all the sundries I need while I was there as well . I scored well. I just have to see how correct they are about that BDC scope . It says to use 150 gr of powder and a 250 gr. bullets. Anyone have any experience with that at all? I'm going to try the shockwaves first although my heart wants to go to the barnes as that is what I shoot in all my centerfires.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TC TRIUMPH and i have lots of meat to prove it!!!!!!!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by srwshooter
TC TRIUMPH and i have lots of meat to prove it!!!!!!!!

You should have said "pictures" to prove it.

Doc

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 673, 79S, 2500HD, AB2506, 5sdad, 21 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,498
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.