Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OK folks. It's time to make this Campfire really scream.<P>In an effort to get a few of the less-popular forums up and going, continue building traffic, and have some more folks visit the General Store, I've devised a little surf contest with PRIZES, PRIZES, PRIZES! And all you gotta do is surf the Campfire!<P>So, pay attention, here we go:<P>The object of the contest is to START the top five (or more) busiest discussions. Busiest will be measured by the highest number of responses. <P>The total number of responses in your discussions will be divided by the number of your discussions, to get an average. The five users with the highest averages win real prizes. OK? That's the basic game.<P>Rules:<P>1) Game starts tomorrow and ends roughly at the end of May/beginning of June. I'll give a week's notice. All contending discussions must have been started dated May 10 or thereafter.<P>2) Only users who post a minimum of five discussions within the contest timeline qualify. Four super-hot discussions don't qualify. AND, only ONE of the discussions may be posted in Big Game, and another in Hunter's Campfire. [Linked Image] The other three-plus must break new ground.<P>3) Every MEANINGFUL discussion you start after the fifth will automatically add 4 bonus points to your total (automatic four responses built in). I am the sole judge of what "meaningful" means. [Linked Image]<P>4) For all of you highly competitive Type A's, each MEANINGFUL post on other people's threads will count for two bonus points added to your total. Thus, it pays to post on someone else's discussions!<P>5) Only TWO of your own posts are counted on discussions you start. <P>In ALL aspects here, token posts will be discounted. Bottom line, the more you participate, the more you score!<P>OK, here are the prizes. Highest average gets first pick, and so on. I will add more prizes if this goes well:<P><BR>1. <A HREF="https://www.24hourcampfire.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=Backpacks&keywords=8532a660" TARGET=_blank>Coleman Exponent Flex Technical Daypack</A><BR>2. <A HREF="https://www.24hourcampfire.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=FirstAid&keywords=261" TARGET=_blank>Atwater Carey Pro 1.0 First Aid Kit</A><BR>3. <A HREF="https://www.24hourcampfire.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=TravelVaults&keywords=PL1200" TARGET=_blank>Pelican Model 1200 Travel Vault</A><BR>4. <A HREF="https://www.24hourcampfire.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=Compasses&keywords=2801102" TARGET=_blank>Silva Huntsman Backcountry Compass</A><BR>5. <A HREF="https://www.24hourcampfire.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=Headlamps&keywords=PRED-2" TARGET=_blank>Princeton Tec Predator Camouflage Headlamp</A><P>The contest begins at the stroke of midnight. If it works, we'll keep having them.<P>Let's rock and roll.<P>Rick<P><p>[This message has been edited by RickBin (edited May 09, 2001).]

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shoot, I already wasted half a dozen posts.<P>Oh well, shoulda been there tomorrow. LOL<P>Sounds like fun Rick. Even if I don't stand a chance.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me and If it Flies is just going to pitch pennies.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boggy, -- you guys pitch them and I will catch them. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Okay, everybody count off in increments of one. See similar threads on 4 or more other topics. I'll start; one..... (hey Rick, I'll send you my home address later.) [Linked Image]

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
hey, I just read about this contest, I have posted several new topics, but didn't know about the contest and the asteriks in front of and behind the topic, if I didn't due that, can the topics still count for me? PLEASE.

Work Hard, Play Hard, Die Hard!
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Jesus, I ain't never seen so many posts on a saturday. Kinda like dragging a 100 dollar bill through a trailer park to see what crawls out.... LOL

Jester/Alfa 99Gang
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
MNMojo:<P>Absolutely, Mojo.<P>You're in.<P>Hey Jay:<P>You have a good one bud ... [Linked Image]<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,203
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.