Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
grinI told him, cause I've seen a lot of stuff dropped with the SMK's....grins

Dober

And of coures Dober told me as well

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He says the TSX "shines" with a small caliber, light bullet, high velocity scenario. Hell yeah! Sure does.

Uh... I don't hunt that way though. I'd prefer something that shines with a heavier bullet, larger caliber, and moderate speeds.

TRADEOFFS.

Originally Posted by jwp475

Yea I read it, your point?

Of course after seeing killed some where around a 100 more of less animals taken with TSX bullets I do have a good feel for there terminal performance, do you?

Oh yea, I'm sorry you have zero experience with them, but you don't let that stop you from expounding now do you?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Rather than answer what you've asked (surely you know first hand already), TRY IT YOURSELF! What I and others like or dislike in bullets should mean little to you. You might find that they are not different than other bullets (there might be some truth in that).

I respect others opinions and experiences, yet that doesn't stop me from trying something myself. I NEED to know firsthand.

I have little respect if you have not done it yourself or at least hunted, saw and gutted the animal with someone who did.

I can say if I were looking for a bullet choice with the most flexibility for ANY shot I would take it would be a TSX, Large cal. heavy Part or a FailSafe. I would also throw a hardcast wheelgun bllet in there too....

I have pointed SMK's at stuff and would do it again; dittos the BT. They have worked for me and so have solids and X's, and the like, making most bullets (to me) pretty similar...the biggest weak point in the game is the shooter and application.

Nuances in degrees of how quick stuff dies or degrees of damage can be pretty moot; a decent size hole in an animal will kill it, period. From what I've seen a half in larger hole in a lung means nothing if the "comparison" is already 1 1/2 inches...that is honestly what I've seen. As Ripley said, "Believe it, or not".

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
He says the TSX "shines" with a small caliber, light bullet, high velocity scenario. Hell yeah! Sure does.

Uh... I don't hunt that way though. I'd prefer something that shines with a heavier bullet, larger caliber, and moderate speeds.

TRADEOFFS.

Yea I read it, your point?

Of course after seeing killed some where around a 100 more of less animals taken with TSX bullets I do have a good feel for there terminal performance, do you?

Oh yea, I'm sorry you have zero experience with them, but you don't let that stop you from expounding now do you?

Of course your dumb ass ignores the damage that the 338 Federal did.and it's not fast or small. I spare other s the picture, because you didn't get it then and you will not get it now. You only hear and see want you want to and if it doesn't match your preconceived ideas then you just ignore it.

Of cours my 338 win shines with the 225 TSX, but hell you don't want to hear that either

Last edited by jwp475; 11/21/08.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dober

So you (gasp) researched it on the INTERNET and relied somewhat on the opinions of others who'd done it already. But I can't do that? Nobody can? We're all a bunch of dumbphucks because we give guys like Dober, John Barsness, JJHack some credit?

C'mon man.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by HawkI
Rather than answer what you've asked (surely you know first hand already), TRY IT YOURSELF! What I and others like or dislike in bullets should mean little to you. You might find that they are not different than other bullets (there might be some truth in that).

I respect others opinions and experiences, yet that doesn't stop me from trying something myself. I NEED to know firsthand.

I have little respect if you have not done it yourself or at least hunted, saw and gutted the animal with someone who did.

I can say if I were looking for a bullet choice with the most flexibility for ANY shot I would take it would be a TSX, Large cal. heavy Part or a FailSafe. I would also throw a hardcast wheelgun bllet in there too....

I have pointed SMK's at stuff and would do it again; dittos the BT. They have worked for me and so have solids and X's, and the like, making most bullets (to me) pretty similar...the biggest weak point in the game is the shooter and application.

Nuances in degrees of how quick stuff dies or degrees of damage can be pretty moot; a decent size hole in an animal will kill it, period. From what I've seen a half in larger hole in a lung means nothing if the "comparison" is already 1 1/2 inches...that is honestly what I've seen. As Ripley said, "Believe it, or not".

You are spot on... It's not difficult to tell the posters with the experience and ability to observe from those that pontificate

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
During the last of these TSX threads, I want you all to remember that I predicted a duel would eventually occur between two campfire members over the honor of Barne's bullets.

It's getting closer.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Dober

So you (gasp) researched it on the INTERNET and relied somewhat on the opinions of others who'd done it already. But I can't do that? Nobody can? We're all a bunch of dumbphucks because we give guys like Dober, John Barsness, JJHack some credit?

C'mon man.

No your a dumb f..k because you bash a bullet that you have never ever used and pontificate it's game taking ability with not one bit (that's zero) of esperience with the bullet in question

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I DON'T BASH IT!!

I just don't worship it, and I don't choose it's particular set of tradeoffs that JJHack, Barsness, and others have so eloquently tried to explain to you.

I choose a different set of tradeoffs.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Bull Sh.t you bash it allright. Trade off's deadly performance that's a hell of a trade off/ Of course I've got a ton of experience with the TSX so I don't need you to tell me about trade off's in a bullet that you have ZERO EXPEREINCE WITH

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sounds like a bunch of old women carrying on about nothing...grin

Can't agree more

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by HawkI
Spence,

Looks like you got your Deuce going....

What load ended up shooting the best for you?

Molyed 53TSX, Rem brass, CCI 450, 23.7gn Benchmark, coal-2.160" which is .010" off the lands.

I'm shooting it in an old Rem 722. It shoots well enough, .75" 3shots, but I wonder if I could do more with the 45TSX. Most Dueces don't have the twist rate in the factory barrels to do the 53. This one doesn't appear to be keyholing, so I'm rolling with it.

Tact is knowing how to tell someone to go to hell, and have them thank you for it.

NRA Life Member, BAA Life Member
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
During the last of these TSX threads

These threads, be they 223 on deer, TSX's or moly coated bullets usually resort to the persistence of ignorant remarks of one individual who claims to make bread without any grain....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If you remember, that is about what mine did for groups, but just one gun out of four 222's.
Glad yours worked out, and congrats....

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I DON'T BASH IT!!

I just don't worship it, and I don't choose it's particular set of tradeoffs that JJHack, Barsness, and others have so eloquently tried to explain to you.

I choose a different set of tradeoffs.

Here's a trade off for you Hole through the Heart is Huge

[Linked Image]

Exit in the hide is not large, but hole in hide are not terminal, but hell you would not know that now would you.. How's that for a trade off?

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Bull Sh.t you bash it allright. Trade off's deadly performance that's a hell of a trade off/ Of course I've got a ton of experience with the TSX so I don't need you to tell me about trade off's in a bullet that you have ZERO EXPEREINCE WITH

And how is it different than YOU going out on the Internet, asking questions, looking at pictures, weighing the tradeoffs and qualifications of the people giving advice, and then deciding whether/not to use the SMK on game?

A perfectly intelligent person can decide to use a different bullet than the TSX based on the evidence in front of them, combined with what they've seen on game themselves from other bullets... I've done just that, generally speaking, though I certainly have not written the damn things off...

If there's one common denomitor with the "religious" TSX crowd, it's their inability to have a civil conversation... That's the point of this thread at this late, sordid point.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

YOu Dumb SH.t, ask a question and let it go, but not you you've got to as Hawk so elequently put it claim to be "making bread with no grain"

You ignore evidence that is counter to your preconcieved idea's

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeeze you guys, let it go... It's a friggin bullet, not the Holy Grail.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Jeeze you guys, let it go... It's a friggin bullet, not the Holy Grail.

+1
+1
+1

I agree with Brad!

You guys should just give it up!!!

Here are the only facts that we need to remember from this whole discussion:

• The TTSX is the best of all worlds up to it's minimum expansion velocity. Plus, it's Lead Free!
  • The Accubond or "Accubomb" is typically only good for behind the shoulder shots on small big gmae like deer. BUT, it must be used in a moderate velocity cartridge or else, it explodes or expands too rapidly, throwing lead everywhere and runs the risk of only wounding game.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,130
Posts18,502,601
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.