Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blinddog1
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and I am dismayed that we are planning to deploy Federal troops within our borders.

Every disaster has been handled without them. There are mechanisms in place to deal with natural disasters. The National Guard is already tasked with that, and with Civil unrest, and are controlled by State Governors.

I recall how Federal Troops were used against the South. There was a REASON Posse Commitatus was passed as Federal Law. The act works as a buffer to prevent capricious and arbitrary use of Federal Troops at the whim of Washington politicians.

The question that needs to be asked is "why now". I don't think the answer bodes well for Liberty and Freedom.

Just exactily what do you think the National; Guard is? They are trained and paid by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, just becuase the fiction says they are under the direct control of a State means nothing. Posse Comitatus just places restrictions on the Use of active duty troops in law enforcment roles, except by act of congress.And who controls congress now? NOT WE THE PEOPLE!

don't be so blind. The National Guard is under the control of the STATE. Federal troops are under control of the President. Big difference, even if you can't see it.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tod
Wait until Obama starts using troops to search for 'illegal' guns.

And that WILL happen. Sooner than later, I think.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 12/01/08.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask a National Guardsman whether his check is state issued or fed issued. Armed,equipped and paid by the feds UNLESS they are on state call up. The NG HARDLY qualifies as a "militia". It is a federal tool.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is none so blind as those who will not see!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Some of you dudes need to get tin foil in your hat. crazy

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone
Some of you dudes need to get tin foil in your hat. crazy

and others need to get their heads out of their butts, and realize that we are losing it all to the Federal Government.

Sam......

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Tod

If youre a betting man, I'll wager up to $10,000 on this. Find someone to escrow and we'll go from there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blinddog1
and I am dismayed that we are planning to deploy Federal troops within our borders.

Every disaster has been handled without them. There are mechanisms in place to deal with natural disasters. The National Guard is already tasked with that, and with Civil unrest, and are controlled by State Governors.

I recall how Federal Troops were used against the South. There was a REASON Posse Commitatus was passed as Federal Law. The act works as a buffer to prevent capricious and arbitrary use of Federal Troops at the whim of Washington politicians.

The question that needs to be asked is "why now". I don't think the answer bodes well for Liberty and Freedom.

Just exactily what do you think the National; Guard is? They are trained and paid by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, just becuase the fiction says they are under the direct control of a State means nothing. Posse Comitatus just places restrictions on the Use of active duty troops in law enforcment roles, except by act of congress.And who controls congress now? NOT WE THE PEOPLE!

don't be so blind. The National Guard is under the control of the STATE. Federal troops are under control of the President. Big difference, even if you can't see it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Do you think that these states can afford the equipment that they have if they have to buy it. Helicopters at 15 to 20 Mil. per copy and other equipment. This stuff all comes from the fed. govt. All of these NG soldiers who are deployed to SW Asia, are all on active duty orders. You might want to check around, call your local NG Armory and talk to the CDR or CSM or other senior officer or NCO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And where does Fed money come from?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cborders
Originally Posted by Tod

If youre a betting man, I'll wager up to $10,000 on this. Find someone to escrow and we'll go from there.

so who the [bleep] are you boy?

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Do you think that these states can afford the equipment that they have if they have to buy it.

Where do the feds get the money they buy it with?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
And where does Fed money come from?

It comes from all the taxpayers, the funding that the Dept. of Army funds back into these states NG units, taxpayers in and out of the state that it went to.

Right now, i don't think there's an NG unit that hasn't been called up to either deploy to SW Asia, or to relieve an active duty unit in the US to continue their mission, so the AD unit could deploy overseas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Do you think that these states can afford the equipment that they have if they have to buy it.

Where do the feds get the money they buy it with?

From the big massive defense budget that get's passed every year. Yes, it's tax dollar driven, has been for years and will probably continue to be.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by cborders
Originally Posted by Tod

I'm just waiting for the gold coins to be bet myself..............

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
betting on Armageddon?

Sam......

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Most natural disasters can be handled by National Guard since they are relatively confined (even Katrina in New Orleans). I beleive the use of Federal troops is intended for a nuclear or bio-terror act that is widespread - the Guard just could not handle it. Also, the level of training of the Guard for such purposes is sadly lacking (according to military and disaster assistance sources).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
this is a response to the Indian terrorist attacks. even the highly militarized big city SWAT apparatus would be overwhelmed by even a platoon sized commando raid whose only objective was to kill as many US civilians as possible before they are wiped out.

and ironically, the places they could successfully do it are the disarmed blue states.

Actually it was the result of a study released to the Joint Chiefs recently, IIRC.....not as a result of the recent attacks in India. They didn't just whip up this plan within the last week.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs

Most natural disasters can be handled by National Guard since they are relatively confined (even Katrina in New Orleans). I beleive the use of Federal troops is intended for a nuclear or bio-terror act that is widespread - the Guard just could not handle it. Also, the level of training of the Guard for such purposes is sadly lacking (according to military and disaster assistance sources).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Since our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan, the training level and tempo of the NG, has increased to the level equal to that of any AD unit. These NG soldiers are doing the same mission as that of their AD brothers/sisters in arms.

They get the same combat, and combat related, and other such training. For years now, DA has been sending NG Mech/Armor units to such places as NTC at Ft. Irwin, Ca. and to the leg version at Ft. Polk, LA.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gus

ya know what i think? i think the feds are beginning to see us lowly-commoners as the enemy.

Beginning to? It has been happening for forty years--regardless if the Blue Team or Red Team was in power........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
this is a response to the Indian terrorist attacks. even the highly militarized big city SWAT apparatus would be overwhelmed by even a platoon sized commando raid whose only objective was to kill as many US civilians as possible before they are wiped out.

and ironically, the places they could successfully do it are the disarmed blue states.

I'm not sure how any military unit that would be hours, perhaps the better part of a day, responding would be much help in that situation.

Ain't that the truth.
The military's response time would be measured in days--unless the plan includes military "bases" in every neighborhood........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (AceBall, 35, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 14 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 735 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.