Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
blinddog1,

Spot on! Not all teachers are bad just a large number of them and most college professors. The whole system sucks.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is a made-up holiday:

Aren't they all? whistle

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Her friend is probably a graduate student, charged with teaching a few classes, in the middle of her 'self discovery'. Nothing breeds that attitude better than mom and dad footing the infinite bill for a grad degree in the humanities.

Last edited by Joe_Kidd; 12/02/08.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by bcp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

An African-American scholar and social activist, Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first African-American holiday.

Same thing as Christmas and Hanukkah, without the fascinating stories.

Last edited by cborders; 12/02/08.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by Mac84
Sad state of affairs our educational system...

If you could see it from the inside Mac you might go selectively postal.

Gotta' strongly endorse this post.

Go teach / distribute your little bit of savvy at a modern 'Community College',.......or at least try to, in the face of well entrenched beaurocrap libs. When the "Tenured", and pompous ineffectoids getcher' azz,.....you're toast

BE rewarded,.......by succeeding,...if only for a few semesters.

'Bout the most they'll put up with instructors stuck on freedom.

...............Wait, I think I just may have landed on something,......

Back to school days.

No code,.....just vague.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what the prof would have to say about celebrating the pagan [or worse] Halloween. Betcha nothing was mentioned about that.

I'd rather celebrate being alive/warm and fed instead of celebrating the dead.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cborders
Originally Posted by bcp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

An African-American scholar and social activist, Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first African-American holiday.

Same thing as Christmas and Hanukkah, without the fascinating stories.

So,.....You're looking for a fight,....?

This is a kinda' Christian / Animist / Pagan site,....

we'vew even got an anarch or 2.

Smart mouths are a "Come and Go" sorta' phenomenon.

You disrespect Christmas here,.....at your own peril, wiseazz.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have done a "little" reading on Thanksgiving and I suppose it isn't "quite" the story generally presented. Nevertheless, we as Americans have CHOSEN to use this day in honor of the Pilgrims and the Indians.
The holiday has become a day of family and friends getting together for a feast and in some household actually a day of "Giving Thanks for all we have"
Thanksgiving is as ingrained into the American culture as Christmas and Easter. It is actually about the most NON religious holiday we have. It is one of unity, friendship and sharing.
Also a day of great Pumpkin pie, Turkey, sweet potatoes, crangerries, dressing, apple pies, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and so many other great historic values. Including the calorie values.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey it's happening everywhere in the world. UK has just removed the Holocaust from it's history books because it offends some multicultural groups. Like Eseinhower said "take lots of photos, because someday, some will say it never happened". 60 years later it's happening. Ike was right. How did he know???

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Re: This is a bit Disgusting

Disgusting is the right word.
In one restaurant where we had a recent function- 'Christmas Party' (Oh, excuse me, I shouldn't use that 'Christmas' word, it might offend somebody) confused the restaurant management had been ordered from headquarters that no Christmas decorations were to be put out so as not to offend anyone.
That attitude seems to be becoming much more widespread.
These companies don't seem to object to taking the hard earned dollars, however, from those they offend who still believe in such things as 'Christmas'.

At Universities this attitude is, at least to me, just a logical extension of Dewey's assault on society's mores and the advance of the religion of secular humanism. Students who have a good and moral upbringing usually weather the storm of bull, those who are less strong in their beliefs may have problems with these attacks.
It was always fun to parrot back to the professors there little ideas in order to get a good grade and meanwhile see through their odd viewpoints.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is the duty of parents and other adults to counterbalance the BS being taught. We have to teach our children the "rest of the story". Look at a middle school or high school text book for the Civil War or World War II - there is virtually nothing there - is it any wonder the kids are so ignorant. We have to be prepared to teach what is not taught anymore. Ask any kid under 30 who Mark Clark was (or even Omar Bradley) - they don't know.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by Violator22
I'd go right thru the roof if my daughter came home and told me some stuff like that, hell, they don't even call it Christmas here any more, it is just the Holiday's, Fuggin pathetic, I think all these sorry pieces of schitt that are offended by the special days, should go right ahead and work if it is so damned offending to them.........>Fuggin azzhats!

Les, you GOTTA quit pushing your true feelings underneath or you're gonna hurt yourself. Get it out in the open, man! We can take it. laugh grin
Actually, he's toned down a tad.. If it were me, I'd be in the prof's face, at least... The school board would be next on my 'visit' list... And they wouldn't forget it easily...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a college professor myself, all I can say is that we have our share of idiots in the profession... just like any other profession.

Don't let this one incident get you down...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

In one restaurant where we had a recent function- 'Christmas Party' (Oh, excuse me, I shouldn't use that 'Christmas' word, it might offend somebody) the restaurant management had been ordered from headquarters that no Christmas decorations were to be put out so as not to offend anyone.

My ex used to organize a "holiday luncheon" in December at a small local university. They always book a musician to play the piano or some other instrument, but with strict orders not to play any Christmas carols! O'Reilly would call them the "secular progressives".

I think we can see this going on all over and never take much notice, until you sit back and reflect on it for a bit and see how screwed up everyting is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Government schools are truly destroying America. Whether or not this is by design, or accident, I don't know, but it is beyond dispute that tax payers are NOT getting anything near their 'money's worth' out of today's schools, teachers, or teacher's colleges.

Again, if your child is not successful in school, thank a UNION teacher.

Sam......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 45_100, 406_SBC, 25 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,920
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.