B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Via, http://www.rfth.org

Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2008
Our Hypocrisy Towards Gay Marriages

"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:4

Here are some humbling statistics: The level of premarital sex among teenage Christians is no different than those who are not Christian. And divorce rates in the church are no different from those outside the church. When you look at these statistics, is it any wonder that gay activists look at us and cry, "Hypocrites!" And you know what? There is a certain amount of validity to that charge.

Jesus makes it clear that God never desires divorce and that premarital sex, adultery, lust, and homosexuality are all sins. But too often the church ignores several sins Jesus lists alongside of it and only focuses on homosexuality. We often park on one sin and neglect of the multiplicity of sins that are continual within the body of Christ. Gay activists see the obvious hypocrisy of this and justifiably demand that we remove the logs from our eyes before condemning their actions.

When we deal with subjects like same-sex marriage, let's be sure we first look in the mirror. Let's recognize that all sin displeases God. May we repent of our sins, and seek to reach out with the love and the hope of Jesus Christ to all mankind. Remember that no sin is too difficult to be forgiven and overcome by the power of the cross.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
While there is an element of truth to this devotional, it ignores many other essential truths. My read of the New Testament does not lead me to the conclusion that we are to accept other sin merely because still more or different sin exists in other areas of the Church. We are to comdemn all sin, and still show love and kindness for the sinner. Most do that, although for the sin God singles out as an obomination to Him, admittedly we may faulter on that count. Clearly the sin of homosexuality bears more gravity to the Lord than any other. Why then, would anyone assume his Church would not also treat it similarly?

To give (most) gay activists any quarter for their tactics and blasphmeny is pandering and ludicrous. They misuse the Scripture much like they misuse their bodies, not caring to honor God but to mock Him.

There is a point to be made here, but this time it missed the mark.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Clearly the sin of homosexuality bears more gravity to the Lord than any other.

Must be why so many of the cloth have had no problem perping boys.

Sometimes hypocrisy has no bounds.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sometimes hypocrisy has no bounds.
I agree. Neither does temptation of the most extreme for some. Satan works overtime on those who would oppose him the most. Too often he wins.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ain't no such animal as a gay marriage. There are sodomite unions, but they are NOT marriages. A marriage is a union between a man and a woman -- if God's opinion means anything at all. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Marriage is a sociatial (sp) construct, or at least was originaly. It was a means of insuring the husband didn't get stuck raising some other guy's kid or getting some variety of VD. And the woman had help feeding and raising the kid.
If the gays want to play pretend that they are married who are we to point out the king has no clothes.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible does indicate that sexual sin is worse than other sins because it's sin against one's own body, the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. The big issue, though, is repentance which is demanded by God for salvation and for communication with Him. Homosexuals are demanding that God accept them 'just as they are'. You can be sure that that won't happen. They MUST acknowledge their actions as sin (just like with any other sin) and honestly repent. Without that, they're in the fire.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
God requires that we be saved out of our sins. The gays want to be accepted (saved) in their sin. That logic won't work with God and it shouldn't work with the church either.

Leon

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
While there is an element of truth to this devotional, it ignores many other essential truths. My read of the New Testament does not lead me to the conclusion that we are to accept other sin merely because still more or different sin exists in other areas of the Church. We are to comdemn all sin, and still show love and kindness for the sinner. Most do that, although for the sin God singles out as an obomination to Him, admittedly we may faulter on that count. Clearly the sin of homosexuality bears more gravity to the Lord than any other. Why then, would anyone assume his Church would not also treat it similarly?

To give (most) gay activists any quarter for their tactics and blasphmeny is pandering and ludicrous. They misuse the Scripture much like they misuse their bodies, not caring to honor God but to mock Him.

There is a point to be made here, but this time it missed the mark.
+1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have many clients that are same sex couples both men and women,they are nice people.If they want to get married it's no skin off my nose or yours.
I am not a religious person (recovering Catholic) but wouldn't Jesus forgive them thier sins?
as I remember from Sunday school God loves us all,we are all his children no matter how flawed we are,and only God can judge us in the end.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by http://www.rfth.org
Gay activists see the obvious hypocrisy of this and justifiably demand that we remove the logs from our eyes before condemning their actions.

My Dad always taught me that any fool can tear things down, but it takes character to build. Anyone can create sadness, but it takes talent to inspire.

So, the gays want me to lower my standards to meet theirs? They want me to tarnish the God-given and pure ideal of marriage because of our sloppy execution?

Shove it, I say.

Rather, it's time to re-elevate the ideal of marriage. Re-learn the disciplines of love and commitment. Push the pedal to the floor and leave the gays in the dust.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I have many clients that are same sex couples both men and women,they are nice people.If they want to get married it's no skin off my nose or yours.
Sure it is, because the only way for gays to become legally married in any given community is for the entire community to trash the authentic definition of marriage (that which has existed from the beginning of civilization) and adopt an entirely revolutionary one for the sake of one particular sexual perversion. What's next, allowing legal marriage between a man and a lady's shoe? After all, it's no skin off your nose, right?

In truth, permitting marriage between two same sex individuals is no more possible than permitting a torch welder to weld leather goods instead of metal parts. Torch welding and leather goods just don't logically go together, any more than marriage and homosexuality do. These are logical impossibilities, unless you literally revolutionize the definition of words, thus destroying for everyone the meanings which existed before. Get it?

I am not a religious person (recovering Catholic) but wouldn't Jesus forgive them thier sins?
as I remember from Sunday school God loves us all,we are all his children no matter how flawed we are,and only God can judge us in the end.
Of course God forgives all sin. All one has to do is first stop committing it, then make a decision to never commit it again, then ask God's forgiveness for having committed it in the first place. In the case of two gays living in sin together, they'd just have to follow those simple steps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Gay activists see the obvious hypocrisy of this and justifiably demand that we remove the logs from our eyes before condemning their actions.
You had me until you made this statement. I've never heard a gay activist telling Christians that we need to get our act together and INCREASE our morality. They are only asking that we LOWER our moral standards enough to allow gay marriage.

I agree that the church is a bit hypocritical on the issue of homosexuality and that somehow it some kind of "worse" sin. But hypocracy is not justification for further acceptance of sin.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is a hard one for me...no pun intended. I voted against gay marriage in La., where it lost by 80-20 margins, but my libertarian side says....who cares? If a guy wants to marry his buddy...or his llama for that matter, what's it to me?

The problem is that this is just a wedge for the radical in your face homos. Get gay marriage blessed by the state, then force it on the churches, give it civil rights protections......its more of their campaign to force...not tolerance, which they already have from the vast majority of Americans....but acceptance as normal. Which they're not, and never will be. And they know it, too.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What's next, allowing legal marriage between a man and a lady's shoe?

This is a flawed argument. A shoe cannot consent to marriage. Another human can.

I dont talk to the ceiling so I cant comment on all the sin stuff.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cborders
What's next, allowing legal marriage between a man and a lady's shoe?

This is a flawed argument. A shoe cannot consent to marriage. Another human can.

I dont talk to the ceiling so I cant comment on all the sin stuff.

No more flawed than the idea of a man marrying another man or a woman marrying another woman. Since marriage is the legal and public union of a man and a woman into a new single family unit, it's a logical flaw to suggest that two men or two women can partake of it. You cannot drink a boulder, and two folks of the same sex cannot be united in marriage. Logic prevents it, unless you first revolutionize for everyone the definition of boulder or drinking or marriage.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Woman with woman is OK by me. Makes for good web-cam vids.

Man with man just ain't right. When you see the remarkable beauty and gadgets the woman's body has to offer, men with men just seems disgustingly unnatural to me! It just doesn't work!

As to this issue, I'm all for unequal protection!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Ok, you got a point there, so long as neither of them are butch. laugh

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
god will forgive the homo's if they go forth and sin no more

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by isaac
Ok, you got a point there, so long as neither of them are butch. laugh

My flesh wants to agree but my Spirit is telling it to shut up and take a cold shower. wink

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,484
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.