-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well this also assumes all who disagree with homosexual marrige do so for religious reasons, and I don't believe that is the case.

I think for many it is just another example of defining down what is acceptable and what is not accepted as normal behavior.

I think for many it is having yet more progressive thinking shoved down the majorities throat by the minority. I think for many this doesn't actually have anything to do with the homosexuals in question who wish to become married, but more so the rejection of civil unions that would afford them the same benefits.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think I've already said elsewhere that I am areligious (irreligious?) - not anti-religious, what you believe is your business - just don't expect ME to believe it too.

For a moment, lets take the "sin" thing out of the discussion and focus on more "pragmatic", secular aspects.

Let's assume gays have the right to marry (making them, therefore, as miserable as the rest of us).

What is next?

Poligamy - that would be next. The only reason there are laws against poligamy are that it offends our "Christian" sensibilities. Well, for the same reasons that Gay folks are entitled to be happy, then so are those who would prefer to have more than one spouse (I've often thought this might have some advantages - they can't ALL have headaches!!) So then we have poligamy.

What next??? Well obviously Assisted Suicide - (perhaps an offshoot of so many people now being "married").

The main reason that assisted suicide for terminally ill people is not the law of the land is that same old thing about the "value of human life". I guess in this discussion I'm missing the part about the value of human suffering!!! I've seen a few people go thru some pretty awful things before eventually expiring, crazy from pain, family destitute, and in some cases, family ruined due to the responsibilities of dealing with a terminally ill loved-one. It may not be "right", but it IS the way it is.

So, if we can secure the right to kill ourselves if we have no hope of recovering from an incurable disease, then, why not be able to kill ourselves if we're just unhappy?? Let's decriminalize suicide!

It's that same old slippery slope thing. Where will it end???

First its "Saturday Night Specials", then "Assault Rifles", then "Sniper rifles", then "High Capacity Cop Killing Semi-Auto pistols", then repeating rifles and shotguns, etc.

By the time we realize we're too far down the slope to climb back up - its too late.

Last edited by Kemosabe; 12/03/08.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Since marriage is the legal and public union of a man and a woman into a new single family unit

Says who?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cborders
Since marriage is the legal and public union of a man and a woman into a new single family unit

Says who?
Says all of recorded history. The only deviation from that was men having multiple wives, but even this was a miniscule percentage of the marriages that have ever existed. Never has marriage between two same sex persons even been considered to be in the realm of the possible. Likely because it makes no sense.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well this also assumes all who disagree with homosexual marrige do so for religious reasons, and I don't believe that is the case.

I think for many it is just another example of defining down what is acceptable and what is not accepted as normal behavior.

I think for many it is having yet more progressive thinking shoved down the majorities throat by the minority. I think for many this doesn't actually have anything to do with the homosexuals in question who wish to become married, but more so the rejection of civil unions that would afford them the same benefits.
You hit the nail on the head.

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C

Says who?
Says all of recorded history.

You should consider studying history before making such statements. Hint: You're wrong.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You should consider studying history before making such statements. Hint: You're wrong.
Educate me.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Educate me.

Rome
France in the 1400's
China in the 1600's
Africa in the 1900's
Some Native American tribes
Netherlands 2001
Spain in 2005

Im sure there are more.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Educate me.

Rome
France in the 1400's
China in the 1600's
Africa in the 1900's
Netherlands 2001
Spain in 2005

Im sure there are more.
Specific references, please. Those are just dates and places.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Says me...& most of America....Why do you think you have to equate the religious (ACCEPTED) definition of "MARRIAGE" to a GAY "IN YOUR FACE" type thing??? The type of accepted "JOINT UNION" has been accepted throughout most of the U.S.WTF more do you want???? IIRC you used to be thrown in jail for the bullchit you are now preaching.....WTF more do you want???? In My opinion you are all nothing more than a bunch of twisted [bleep] that came out of the closet looking for more innocent victims...much like many of the catholic "priesthood" pedophiles now on the list....You all wanna buttpunch each other...Fine..but don't expose the youth of America to your un-natural & twisted ways of thinking.....You were NOT created to perform homosexual acts...It's a twisted sexual perversion that you have yet come to terms with....

IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Educate me.

Rome
France in the 1400's
China in the 1600's
Africa in the 1900's
Netherlands 2001
Spain in 2005

Im sure there are more.
Specific references, please. Those are just dates and places.

Do I need to list actual names of married couples or may I list countries/civilizations which accepted same sex marriage. One is possible while the other is not.

Last edited by cborders; 12/03/08.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Says me...& most of America....Why do you think you have to equate the religious (ACCEPTED) definition of "MARRIAGE" to a GAY "IN YOUR FACE" type thing??? The type of accepted "JOINT UNION" has been accepted throughout most of the U.S.WTF more do you want???? IIRC you used to be thrown in jail for the bullchit you are now preaching.....WTF more do you want???? In My opinion you are all nothing more than a bunch of twisted [bleep] that came out of the closet looking for more innocent victims...much like many of the catholic "priesthood" pedophiles now on the list....You all wanna buttpunch each other...Fine..but don't expose the youth of America to your un-natural & twisted ways of thinking.....You were NOT created to perform homosexual acts...It's a twisted sexual perversion that you have yet come to terms with....

So you think homosexuality is some stochastic trend which has only recently came about?

Its not a victim if there are two people consenting, do you see why?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me ask you this cborders, do you think thoughts of pedophilia are normal?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Can I marry all the trees in my yard? I don't want sex with them, but I tend after them, care about them and would really appreciate the tax deduction. I would probably qualify for a tax rebate, refund of all fed taxes paid and then some of yours too! I must have about 300 deductions that are awaiting a liberal interpretation of marriage!

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Do I need to list actual names of married couples or may I list countries/civilizations which accepted same sex marriage. One is possible while the other is not.
Simply defend your assertion that marriage between same sex individuals was commonly accepted as normal somewhere in the world prior to the modern age. So far you haven't done that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wowza...this is one nasty, aggressive, thread.

I'll never understand why some people get so 'crazy' over homosexuality.

What about all our heterosexual rapists? What about all our heterosexual fathers/grandfathers that enjoy exploiting their girl children/grandchildren? What about the 'free-for-all' heterosexual people going unprotected and bringing home disease to their wives or unborn children?

Heterosexuals ain't perfect...and a sin is a sin in the eyes of the Lord. We just get hung up on 'gays'......for reasons I have yet to understand.

Consenting, cognitive human beings? Live and let live. Live and let sin. Live and let find, or not. It is what founded this Country. You disagree(?)...vote......fund....write....testify....speak, etc....but there is a part of me that thinks that we should afford EQUAL rights for ALL people, regardless. What is the worse thing that can happen?

Sheesh, I've got enough to worry about....given my OWN imperfections...to play God or pass judgement.

If being gay is a sin....God has it ALL taken care of. If being gay isn't a sin, God has it all taken care of. Our job, as piddly humans, is to stand (without aggression) against what we deam as sinful.....but to respect the rights of others to find their OWN way.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Wowza...this is one nasty, aggressive, thread.

I'll never understand why some people get so 'crazy' over homosexuality.

What about all our heterosexual rapists? What about all our heterosexual fathers/grandfathers that enjoy exploiting their girl children/grandchildren? What about the 'free-for-all' heterosexual people going unprotected and bringing home disease to their wives or unborn children?

Heterosexuals ain't perfect...and a sin is a sin in the eyes of the Lord. We just get hung up on 'gays'......for reasons I have yet to understand.

Consenting, cognitive human beings? Live and let live. Live and let sin. Live and let find, or not. It is what founded this Country. You disagree(?)...vote......fund....write....testify....speak, etc....but there is a part of me that thinks that we should afford EQUAL rights for ALL people, regardless. What is the worse thing that can happen?

Sheesh, I've got enough to worry about....given my OWN imperfections...to play God or pass judgement.

If being gay is a sin....God has it ALL taken care of. If being gay isn't a sin, God has it all taken care of. Our job, as piddly humans, is to stand (without aggression) against what we deam as sinful.....but to respect the rights of others to find their OWN way.

Your progressive thinking is fine, but some of us look to the degradation of society and it bothers us. Back in the sixties it was Timothy Leary (I believe) who coined the phrase "if it feels good, do it" and it has been down hill from there.

Remember, there is a difference between "gay rights", and the "gay movement", I don't oppose gay rights, but I oppose the gay movement.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Your progressive thinking is fine, but some of us look to the degradation of society and it bothers us. Back in the sixties it was Timothy Leary (I believe) who coined the phrase "if it feels good, do it" and it has been down hill from there.

Remember, there is a difference between "gay rights", and the "gay movement", I don't oppose gay rights, but I oppose the gay movement.

Well said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So the local homosexual community decided they had enough of Anchorage and decided to move en masse to the Valley... So they held a competition to see who could get there first.

It seemed the lesbians took an early lead because they took off lickety-split...

But the gays won because they already had their "stuff" packed!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It reminds me of children justifying thier wrong doing by looking and accussing others of wrong doing. It is still wrong. and the bible makes it clear that those who do such things will not enter into the kingdom of heaven. that is not just Gays but the others who also violate God's laws. But pointing the finger at others sins does not justy your own.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,462
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.