Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Some have addictive personalities, whether it's booze, drugs or religion. They certainly follow Oscar Wilde's line "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess"

They also love to project.

Does that go for women and Stripper poles? grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's being a man.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Popsicles used to help me. But I decided I wasnt very good (or too good)at drinking so I quit. Drink ,not the popsicles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,..and what kinda Polski can't drink vodka?!!

M

He isn't polish, just thinks he is. Too much vodka! He's got a bit of Russian in him but no POLISH!

Sassy

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Sassy
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,..and what kinda Polski can't drink vodka?!!

M

He isn't polish, just thinks he is. Too much vodka! He's got a bit of Russian in him but no POLISH!

No Polish in me either,...but occasionally there's some of me in the Polish. I'm married to one.

,..but I digress,...

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..which reminds me,...

It's Satidday!

be back in a bit,...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Food! Eat a huge breakfast, put the electrolites back in your body, and sleep.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An attempted suicide...er...hangover cure NOT to try is a piping hot bath.

Back in the day I once drank most of a plastic jug of Canadian Hunter. The next day I was ruined and figured I'd boil the poison out of me. After 15-minutes in the tub my muscles got all wiggly and I didn't have the strength to lift myself out. Either the water had to cool off fast or I was going to die. I summoned the little strength I had left, threw a leg over the tub and just kinda sloshed onto the bathroom floor

I laid there for quite a while, naked in a puddle, and pondered the answer of life.

It's 34-1/2, but I don't know the question.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Six authentic Mexican tacos and two Modelo Especials. Perfect hangover cure!!!

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear. - Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't drink enough to have one! smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
what i do is take a vitamin and drink a glass of water before i go to the party. that way i don't have to remember anything if i do get a little tipsy.

it's not the hangover i am worried about, it's that fuzzy feeling in the morning i hate. i don't get "Real" hangovers where everything hurts and i am wiped out. i just get the annoying tired fuzzy feeling.

anyway, the vitamin B in the vitamin does the job and the water hydrates you, and i have never had a hangover since i started this regimen.

-Matt

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by JOG

Back in the day I once drank most of a plastic jug of Canadian Hunter.

My wife and I often joke, when we hear the term "back in the day", that everyone we hear saying it is young enough that their "back in the day" is recent history to us. whistle

No offense intended, but liquor didn't come in plastic bottles in my "back in the day".
I guess that's why each generation has its own sayings, huh?

As for hangovers, I have found that drinking bourbon straight and chasing with water doesen't cause hangovers. It's the sugar, primarily, that causes the hangover.

Another thing that helps, regardless of what you are drinking, is to drink a tall glass of water before you go to sleep.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tracy
Originally Posted by JOG

Back in the day I once drank most of a plastic jug of Canadian Hunter.

My wife and I often joke, when we hear the term "back in the day", that everyone we hear saying it is young enough that their "back in the day" is recent history to us. whistle

No offense intended, but liquor didn't come in plastic bottles in my "back in the day".
I guess that's why each generation has its own sayings, huh?

I do remember the first plastic jug I guzzled out of - cheap vodka by the gallon in 1976. I have a scar on my forehead as a memorial.

So...what was the first booze you drank out of a clay pot? wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best thing I ever did was learn to prevent them. After a night of boozing out I would force myself to drink a quart of water before going to bed. I would also take a multivitamin if one was available.

Alcohol is is diuretic and a good part of the hangover is your body responding to being dehydrated. Drinking that quart of water helps big time in preventing the headache and body aches the next day.

I also had to learn the hard way to not mix my liquors. Find a drink you like and stick with it. Buy the best of that liquor you can afford.

Some hard partying college years and time on active duty taught me a few hard lessons about drinkin'.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend once told me.....

You grab the throne and heave and heave. After a while you'll heave one last time and spit up a little brown furry thing. You'll feel better.

But you want to keep the little brown furry thing. It's supposed to be attached at the other end. grin

Craig

Wood is Good.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i down a bunch of water and try to always sober up before crashing out the other solution i found was just to not sober up grin

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the oxygen bottle idea is a fact,back in the 80's when I was working at a comedy club,Sam Kinnison used to stipulate in his contract that we have a bottle of oxygen there for him and after a few nights of drinking with Sam I tried it and Damn if it didn't work.
I still stand by my original post that a 6 pack and 3 pieces of fried chicken will get you up and around though.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Drink a bunch of water before going to bed and gatorade in the morning.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's being a man.

What was that from the "Red Green Show"

"I'm a man - but I can change - if I have to - I think."

I guess you had to be there.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I also know a feller who quit drinking in one night, and hasn't had a drop in over 20 years.

He came home drunk one too many nights - but this night he crawled into bed, slapped his wife on the keester (that's butt for you youngsters) and said "OK Baby, you're next!"

Hasn't had a drink since!!

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 76 invisible), 2,023 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,650
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.