-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you don't want to quit drinkin' [size:8pt](all people learn things in different ways and at different rates) at least look for a better class of "friends" who can help you know "when to say when". If the people you drink with now aren't doin' that for you, well - maybe you should look for someone with a better developed sense of responsibility.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got! I wish I had a few billion of my brain cells now that went down the drain or up in smoke in my younger days.

I know - there's nothing worse than a reformed (fill in the blank).
[/size]

Last edited by Kemosabe; 12/06/08.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and judgmental...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
and judgmental...

Judgmental? Not me. Just sharing knowledge gained from life experience.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yawn...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, it's been said that less drinking is better and that's the path I've chosen. But, the best thing I've found for the hangover is to strap on my running shoes and start pounding out some miles.

Drink as much water as you can handle and get to it....It'll only take a mile or two to get rid of the headache,,,,,

Regards,

Tom
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just because someone drinks too much and has a hangover doesn't mean they're alcoholic and need new friends.

My life isn't yours.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Quit drinkin? I always say I'm gonna do that when I'm really hung over and it never helps me feel better...

Hair of the dog followed by a little sleep then some KFC and maybe a soda then lots of water.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I work sunday through wednesday.

Sunday mornings I usually refill oxygen bottles for our battalion, and local LE & FD cooperators.

When the bottles are full the excess O2 in the lines is bled off.

Guys that had too much fun the previous night breathe in the oxygen and are up to snuff in no time.

I bet Nurse Kat has administered O2 to more than one hungover cop or DR in her career!

At home the big steak or taco breakfast can work, followed by lots of water.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Excedrin MIgraine and a CAN of Pepsi, followed by Gatorade (lots of) and excersise.

"You shouldn't say it is not good. You should say you do not like it; and then, you know, you're perfectly safe." James Whistler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I read all of these posts and got to the last one before 30Gibbs mentioned Oxygen. It flat out works. To prevent the hangover, mix with diet pop instead of regular, and drink a large glass of water with Alka-Seltzer before going to bed. Of course, this assumes you are still in a state of mind to remember it in the first place. sick

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't get them........never have, must be the polack blood runnin' thru me. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Just because someone drinks too much and has a hangover doesn't mean they're alcoholic and need new friends.

My life isn't yours.

We can rationalize anything. "Just because someone drinks too much and has a hangover" SHOULD give you a clue that you drank too much, Duh!!

The best way to cure it is to not "drink too much".

Whatever floats your boat!

Last edited by Kemosabe; 12/06/08.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You bad people need to stop drinking that stuff that gives you hangovers!

Drink Ketel One instead. It costs a bit more,..but you can get plumb smacked on the stuff and still wake up feeling vaguely human the next day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ah hell, everyone knows Stoli is better than Ketel One, but I can't drink Vodka, what do I know. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Stoli is good,..but Ketel One is in a class by itself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best thing to do is not drink so stinkin much that you have one.They have meetings for this sorta thing you dang alchies,grin

1 and done
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
QUIT DRINKIN'!

My dad always used to tell me that nobody likes a quitter.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Some have addictive personalities, whether it's booze, drugs or religion. They certainly follow Oscar Wilde's line "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess"

They also love to project.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Violator22 over 30,000 post??? You got to be sh-ttin me, You don't have time to drink your on here all the time .Or do you drink while youre on here?? LOL

1 and done
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..and what kinda Polski can't drink vodka?!!

My Polish in laws thump a liter bottle of the stuff down on the center of the table during dinner.

A place setting at their houses is a plate, knife, fork, spoon,...and a cut crystal shot glass.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.