Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
No proof one way or the other. No waiting for facts to be gathered, one way or the other.

The press (exception of FOX) is busy exonerating Obama from any connection to the egregious actions taking place in IL.

If this were a repo, the attacks would be fatal.

A-holes, blinded by party affiliation, and hell bent on protecting one of theirs.

Jeff
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by let_me_in
No proof one way or the other. No waiting for facts to be gathered, one way or the other.

The press (exception of FOX) is busy exonerating Obama from any connection to the egregious actions taking place in IL.

If this were a repo, the attacks would be fatal.

A-holes, blinded by party affiliation, and hell bent on protecting one of theirs.
Yep.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe, just maybe, it was Obama who reported the offer to sell the senate seat for something "administrative." That would be priceless. Foiled by a Chicagoan...who happens to be president.
If this turns out to be true, I could learn to love da man.

Last edited by bearmgc; 12/09/08.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bear
fat chance for that. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, you're right. I was hasty, caught up in the moment....

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bearmgc
Maybe, just maybe, it was Obama who reported the offer to sell the senate seat for something "administrative." That would be priceless. Foiled by a Chicagoan...who happens to be president.
If this turns out to be true, I could learn to love da man.

Why dismiss this? If the gov wasn't going to appoint the Obama designated individual to the Senate, why wouldn't he be sure there was hell to pay. That's been his MO all along his political career. Just ask Joe the Plumber.

Steve

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Can you imagine if Palin were heading for Washington, and a similar scandal applied?

The press would be in full assault.

Jeff
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Obama will get a period of grace from the MSM where he can do no wrong.I figure it'll last about 8 years. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What's getting to be hilarious, is the newsfolks running all over themselves to air this 'scandal'... Sorry, but it's becoming an everyday item.. Business as usual in politics.. HO-hum..

Our government has gotten so corrupt, in all areas, that I fear there's no way it can be stopped now... It may, some day, come down to a true citizens' revolt - with armed residents storming the capitols and taking over.. And it's going to be bloody..

Be even more vigilant about the 'change' coming into office that will more than ever work at removing firearms from anyone other than LEOs..or taxing them out of existence..

I'm really afraid it's coming, but I sure hope I'm wrong..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Be even more vigilant about the 'change' coming into office that will more than ever work at removing firearms from anyone other than LEOs..or taxing them out of existence..

I'm really afraid it's coming, but I sure hope I'm wrong..

To this point, I'm in full agreement.

I'm not quite to the point of thinking anything other than revolt at the ballot box is necessary.
I've given up on the democrats, and will concentrate my ire on forcing the repos to actually be conservative.

Jeff
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
In scanning stories pertaining to the IL scandal, not one mention of Blagojevich's party affiliation....hummmm.

The republicans, poised (justifiably) to make political hay are all identified....hummmm.

Jeff
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Obama gets a pass on everything for some strange reason. The supreme court refused to hear the case regarding his questionable natural born citizen claim. I have always said that Obama is not what he claims to be.

I would rather call coyotes than eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Muslim may not have been involved in the selling scheme, but for anyone to really believe he was not involved in any discussions about who should be selected is ludicrous.

MM

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I hope the full, unfiltered truth is made available. That's my hope, I won't hold my breath.

Jeff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
...but for anyone to really believe he was not involved in any discussions about who should be selected is ludicrous.

MM
And why would that ever be a crime? Of course he's going to call the governor and make recommendation for who will fill his seat; has that ever NOT happened?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I've read most (not all) of the affidavit and find nothing to implicate Obama's camp. The US Atty also said, when questioned, that there were no improprieties with Obama's folks. He noted that not all political discussions were listed in the affidavit, only those involving crminal behaviour involving Blagojevich.

Axelrod's recanting his previous comment that discussion were held with Blagojevich are interesting....Axelrod is one sharp cookie and not prone to mistakes. Not sure what to make of that situation.

I disagree with most of what Obama stands for, and I did not vote for him. However, I have to give "the devil has due" and admit that he is one of the most clever politicians of recent years, as his rise from political obscurity to the presidency in a few short years shows. That does not mean that he is right....just very clever and calculating.

Part of that cleverness and calculation means that he has kept Blagojevich at arms length the past year or so as indictments rained down upon the governor's cronies. Obama is clever enough to "walk wide of the stink" as it is said here, whereas Blagojevich seems to be compulsively drawn like a moth to the flames.

Blagojevich was not invited to speak at the convention, whereas other Illinoisians in lesser positions (e.g. the Chicago City Clerk ) were welcomed to the podium. Blagojevich was also nowhere to be seen at Grant Park on election night. Both of these exclusions are highly irregular in politics....unless someone (in this case Obama) smells trouble.

In spite of Axerlod's recent comment I would find it impossible to believe that there wasn't contact on the issue at some point. But to suggest that there was any wrongdoing doesn't quite cut it. Why would the Obama camp have any "irregular" conversations with a governor that they knew was under investigation (hell, the entire state knew). I also believe the Obama camp could have been tipped off to the wiretap, making this even more unlikely.

So...why would a political animal like Obama commit seppuku by getting down-and-dirty with a crook under investigation like Blagojevich?

It would not be upsetting to me (albeit a bit surprising) if further investigation shows impropriety from the Obama camp. I don't think they are "above it," merely more clever than that. But, in the meantime, I'm not going to conjure up something that objective reasoning cannot support based on what we currently know.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob - very astute synopsis

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have hope Obama has done no wrong.
The press has already proclaimed it, not what a republican would experience.

Jeff
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama may have had nothing to do with Governor Blog, but nobody rises past dogcatcher in Illinois without a lot of backroom smoke, greased palms and chicanery. Obama's skyrocket ride from nobody to Senator and then direct to Prez-elect in that most corrupt of states is at least suspicious.

Will anybody dig hard enough to find it? I doubt it. It would take a Nixonian-level media attack, and that ain't gonna happen.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Will anybody dig hard enough to find it? I doubt it. It would take a Nixonian-level media attack, and that ain't gonna happen.

Just because it's worth reading again.

Jeff
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 17Hunter, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 18,565 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,961
Posts18,539,694
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.