Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buy seriously folks,

Alcohol is a diuretic, so yes, drink water.

Drink good booze. Cheap booze will cause more of a hangover. More "junk" in cheap booze.

"Hair of the dog" Scientific principle that states a little of what poisoned you in the first place will make you feel better. Fact. Your body produced a bunch of stuff to get rid of the alcohol and now it is helping to make you feel bad. You got some left over. A little more booze will help get rid of it. That's why bloody marys are so popular on January 1st.

Aspirin before you go to bed.

Puke if you have to. It may empty the garbage left in your stomach and let you start fresh.

I remember waking up one morning, sicker than a dog from a night in the bars, while I was still living with my parents. I headed for the bathroom, where my mother was prepping her makeup. As I began to disgorge the contents of my stomach into the porcelin fish bowl, I was hoping for a pat on the head and a little sympathy from my loving mother. Instead, she looked down at my pathetic self and said, "Aren't you ever going to learn?"

I can no longer take the physical abuse a hangover provides, so I don't drink as much. Getting old is a bitch.

Fast Ed (on the wrong side of 50)

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another vote for good booze. I'm too old for that stuff, and am amazed how with the good stuff, and a quart of water before bed, I'm feeling pretty good the next morning.

It also reminds me of a line in The Old Man and the Boy I'll paraphrase. "When you learn you can't drink all the booze in the world, then you'll stop trying"

Keep the drink count in the single digits, and you'll have less of a hangover to battle.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't get sober

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chew one Exedrine, put two more in your mouth and down a tall glass of water before bed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
A good shot of Banamine in some orange juice will knock the snot out of a hangover. Any cowboys or horse people will know what I'm talking about.

Banamine is a smooth muscle relaxant not a pain reliever. That's why it's given to horses with colic - it relaxes the muscles around the intestines so "things" can move along, hopefully relieving colic.

The pain relief comes from the Phenylbutazone (Bute).

If I'm hungover, one of the last things I want is my intestines loosened up! YMMV.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Know your limits. If you must exceed them, them make sure to hydrate.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Big bowl of Menudo!

DC Miller
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check your sources - it's an analgesic.

PHARMACOLOGY: Flunixin meglumine is a potent, non-narcotic, nonsteroidal, analgesic agent with anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activity. It is significantly more potent than pentazocine, meperidine, and codeine as an analgesic in the rat yeast paw test.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't drank or smoked in over 20yrs. I used to do both to excess. One thing I did find out after quitting was that smoking adds alot to a hangover.

A few yrs ago I went to a Christmas party. I didn't have a drink, but there was alot of smoking going on and there was lots of second hand smoke to be inhaled by me that night. I woke up with a mild hangover the next day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't read the whole thread. Don't know if someone covered this already.

Oxygen. Learned as a pup working in welding shops to hit the O2 bottle for a hangover. Several good deep breaths, wait a minute, then several more. Come back in 10 minutes and do again if necessary. Clears the cobwebs out of your head and ends a headache post-haste.

An hour later you're ready to start drinking again smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by outlawlineman
Six authentic Mexican tacos and two Modelo Especials. Perfect hangover cure!!!

That's not just a good hangover cure it's a great breakfast too!!

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear. - Mark Twain
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 9 invisible), 1,270 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,227
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.