Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Stush Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Its been raining here for the last two days. I have spent the evenings inside, cleaing up the reloading room and flipping through channels on the tube. I got to wondering if the viewing habits of the folks that visit the campfire were similar to mine. There are probably some out there that don't have a TV at all (probably better off). Personaly, I get sucked in by three types of shows:<P>1) The police/crime/courtroom dramas. Stuff like Law & Order (any flavor), NYPD Blue, The Practice, etc. I watch these up until the point that they turn blatantly anti-gun, and then move on. I can never figure out why they always have get in their politcal digs, but they always seem to do so. <P>2) Sci-Fi. The Star Trek stuff, The X-Files, etc.<P>3) The history and "how to" shows. Basically stuff that is on HGTV, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, or the Learning Channel. I like the WW II and gun stuff on history, and the gardening/nature/outdoors shows on the others. <P>I used to stop on the Outdoors channel, but everything on there is an advertisment. Sort of like having Guns and Ammo or Outdoor Life read to you!.<P>So, what do the rest of you stop on when you channel surf? Maybe you never turn the TV on or don't even have one? <P>------------------<BR>Stush

Stush
GB1

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I watch the FOX News channel alot because they are the most balanced. I watch the Discovery, History and the AMC channels and sometimes public television when they have a good civil war documentary on. I like that show "Junkyard Wars" where 2 teams compete in building various things from cars to cannons from just what they can find in a junkyard. I do not watch network TV as I find most of the movies and shows extremely unrealistic and full of liberal BS. I watch rodeos and outdoor shows on TNN and NASCAR races on Sunday afternoons. I actually watch little TV compared to the average american. I would rather go experience it myself than watch someone else fake it. GOOD SHOOTING

Stush Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hoss,<P>I have to agree. I would rather do something than watch. My TV viewing peaks during Dec - Feb and tapers off to almost none at all during the summer and early fall. I have to agree about the network TV stuff. I can't remember the last time I watched any sitcom on one of the big three. Watching them, you'd swear that at least half of the population of the US was a homosexual! <P>------------------<BR>Stush

Stush
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sports!<P>Lakers and Clippers basketball.<P>Chicago Cubs and White Sox baseball.<P>Chicago Bears, San Francisco FortyNiners football.<P>

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, and the best, National Geographic. I also watch Football in the fall, and an occasional sitcom if I flip past one I like, and CNN.

Work Hard, Play Hard, Die Hard!
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I LOVE the FOX news channel. O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes, although I can't stand Colmes! Outdoors on TNN and the Outdoor Channel, Discovery, A&E, TLC, and probably History is my favorite. Worst 2 hunting shows out are "Todays Hunter" and "Hunting with Mike Cooley" The 2 guys on TH are the biggest TOOLS on the planet and I can't stand Mike Cooley, who goes hunting with his Khaki's on and a nice Polo shirt with a collar and his hair perfectly in place and the guides even carry his gun for him, all he does is shoot. Anyways, I also watch a lot of sports, mainly NCAA basketball and football, but some pro stuff.........GH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Other than A&E, Discovery, and PBS, I try not to watch too much. I have developed a fondness for Foxes new "Titus", and despite the anti gun slant, Wifey and I watch CBS's "The District".<P> I still watch "the Simpsons" (DOH) when I can. It's funny, but if you really want to catch it all, you got to be in your 30's. The boy mostly doesn't understand some of the paradies of shows from the 70's.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
When I get a little time to relax I usually get on the puter. but I will occasionally watch TV. ESPN,ESPN 2,ESPN NEWS,,I like speedvision,the history channel,discovery channel,also the western channel is pretty cool, This time of year I listen to the baseball games on the radio while doing chores. I really enjoy that and feel it is better than actually watching it on tv,,Go Mariners!!!!BEARHUNTER

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't even own one of the mind numbing time suckers. I don't even know when I would watch it if I did.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was a long, cold winter here and I didn't miss a thing on the election turmoil or the klinton pardons or several other issues.<P>I used to say I was a selective TV watcher and most of it was a waste of time.<P>I really got hooked on the FOX News channel between Halloween's first big snow and about two weeks ago when most of the forest roads opened.<P>I'm recovering now that I can work in my shop and garage and actually go outdoors.<P>However, as I type this, FOX News is on the tube.<P>2D<p>[This message has been edited by twodogs (edited May 22, 2001).]

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I watch it is History channel Discovery Nat'l Geographic specials about the only network TV is the news magazines 20/20 Sixty minutes. I sometimes turn on the Outdoor Channel for comedy relief.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I would have never dreamed guys that hunt wouldnt like the Outdoor Channel. Maybe its just becasue Ive only had it a couple of months and its still new to me, but I watch it pretty often.<P>The only thing on TV that I make a concerted effort to either watch or tape though is The Sopranos.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com</A>

<A HREF="http://TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com</A>
cs Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I love the Simpsons, even tape them when I get the chance (I'll need something for when the cable gets shut off). The symbolism is like no other.<BR>Fox News, PBS, and the History channel are mainly what is on. A&E plays Northern Exposure, so I tune in to it sometimes. Discovery has to much detective, know-it-all police shows for me.<BR>The only sports that I can stand to watch is horse racing, so I don't get into the ESPN's.<BR>British comedies are my favorite, but nobody I know seems to share my interest.<BR>I also keep up with Frasier, I guess I need a little culture in my life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our TV is in storage, and will occasionally make it out for a video once in awhile. I find I don't have nearly enough time to do all the things I want to do with no TV, and know that watching it would simply short change my kids.<P>Not that I never watch TV, used to spend hours flipping channels when single, you know, 70 channels of cable and nothing on. And, now that I'm at a remote work site I flipped on the tube last night and watched some discovery programs on the FBI and forensics, and other stuff.<P>If you put the darn box away you will be much happier and get more done.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
History Channel, Discovery, Learning Channel,That Seventies Show, Fox News, and The X-files.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chicago Cubs and White Sox baseball.<P>T V Land and AMC.<P>History channel and The Discovery channel.<P>Fox News.<P>This is when I can't find anything else to do. Most T V today is an absolute waste of electricity.<BR><P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY!.........Freedoms greatest enemy!</B>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't watched TV on a regular basis since about 1983. Got a 100 yd. target range along-side the house. Reloading room in the house. Once in awhile I read a newspaper. Hope the world don't end without me knowing about it! I'm happy as a clam at high tide, in my own withdrawn little world. good shootin, vbshootinrange.... <P>------------------<BR>

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The one show that i watch and never miss is the sopranos other than that i watch ESPN,ESPN2,ESPNEWS, the only news channel i watch is the FOX news channel and i watch Hannity and Colmes even though i hate colmes i never watch network T.V. i also watch the WWF every monday night on TNN actually i tape it since i work nights.i also watch documentaries about the civil war. or documentaries about the MAFIA.

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Discovery Channel(then FBI Files type shows) History Channel(History Of The Gun) Different news channels(when I come across one while flipping)<BR>Ably Mangles(?) adventure stuff on The Travel Channel)<BR>HBO<BR>Other movies when they are on<BR>Outdoor Channel(Ted Nugent, bear hunts, some elk hunts)<BR>Just about whatever seems remotely interesting at the time. ~~~Suluuq<BR>

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.