Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JimmyC Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well guys I finally shot a nice deer to post a picture of.It was a 285 yard shot using my TC Pro Hunter in 270 with a nikon 3x9 BDC rectical. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

JChavez
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very cool...congrats.

"Its a Model 70 thing, you probably wouldn't understand!"

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other.
-Ronald Reagan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of character in that rack, congratulations.

It's funny to me that you drove down here for a buck and I'm wanting to plan a hunt up your way for next fall...We're all just chasing each other around the country.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Very nice Jimmy! Congrats! Wish I could see one that good on our place this year, been a slow/strange year in our area.

OK I can't help myself, please don't take offense. But did Greg Ritz or one of the other silly azz hunting show hosts pay you to say you killed it with a TC Pro Hunter and Nikon BDC reticle? I swear that sounded EXACTLY like one of those commercials! Like I said please don't take offense, just friendly razzing.

Again, nice buck!

Bill

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nice buck !

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tx270
Very nice Jimmy! Congrats! Wish I could see one that good on our place this year, been a slow/strange year in our area.

OK I can't help myself, please don't take offense. But did Greg Ritz or one of the other silly azz hunting show hosts pay you to say you killed it with a TC Pro Hunter and Nikon BDC reticle? I swear that sounded EXACTLY like one of those commercials! Like I said please don't take offense, just friendly razzing.

Again, nice buck!

Bill

hahahah you beat me to it! I was just about to say "Cool, just like on TV"!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Lots of character in that rack, congratulations.

It's funny to me that you drove down here for a buck and I'm wanting to plan a hunt up your way for next fall...We're all just chasing each other around the country.

Funny, I work in NM every summer, see lots of Mulies, Elk, and Black Bear, but IF I have time to hunt, I have to settle for TX.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice Coleman deer...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
JimmyC Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the razzing guys.The only reason I said that is everyone in me neck of the woods really dont care for the TC and I love my Pro Hunter and like to brag every chance I get.

Originally Posted by tx270

Again, nice buck!

Bill

JChavez
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great deer. Looks like its going to be a European mount?
Good shot. Most of my deer are taken at half that distance.
I don't care for the T/C, but I love my Nikon also.

stumpy

IC B3

JimmyC Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Yea mine are less than distance to.This guy had been fighting hard and had a front leg pretty mangled so I was tring to make sure he didnt suffer any more.I too like the 100 to 125 yard shots.

JChavez
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Should make a nice mount! Would look good on the wall. Nice full sneak showing antler height.

Congrats.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Very nice buck. Congrats and thanks for shareing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice buck, congrats.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only reason I mentioned European is because the cape is not attached. I would have shoulder mounted it also!

stumpy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JimmyC, How much for the hunt ? $$$

JimmyC Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Its sort of a pro bono thing from one of my equipment suppliers.They own they have the exclusive deer lease on the place we go.This was the second year that they have let us come.I have to say though I would not mind paying a decent amount if I had to.The place and people are top notch.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
JimmyC, How much for the hunt ? $$$

JChavez
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
DIdn't notice the cape was gone. Guess I thought it was balled up under there.

Personally, I won't shoot a buck unless its a cull that needs to go or one that I full shoulder mount. Anything else is a waste and disrespectful to me personally. Culls and does eat as good or better, why waste one you aren't mounting.

Thats not a negative statement, just how I roll I guess. Just tired of seeing antlers in the sheds and antler mounts on the wall and not full shoulders.

Of course the last buck I shot was 2003 and that doesn't bother me in the least.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
JimmyC Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I guess its matter of opinion.The way I roll is with strictly european mounts.It seems to fit my house and style a little more.To me a full mount is alot of money to just display the horns.Because lets face it, the point for most is the horns.As far as respect I think all that is said with not wasting any of the meat and a clean ethical one shot kill from reasonabl distance etc.The hide is being tanned and the meat is t the processor so I think I was pretty respectful.
Originally Posted by rost495
DIdn't notice the cape was gone. Guess I thought it was balled up under there.

Personally, I won't shoot a buck unless its a cull that needs to go or one that I full shoulder mount. Anything else is a waste and disrespectful to me personally. Culls and does eat as good or better, why waste one you aren't mounting.

Thats not a negative statement, just how I roll I guess. Just tired of seeing antlers in the sheds and antler mounts on the wall and not full shoulders.

Of course the last buck I shot was 2003 and that doesn't bother me in the least.

Jeff

JChavez
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Like I said, its personal. Glad you keep the European skulls. OTOH I know lots of folks taht would kill to have a mount like that one on the wall as a shoulder.

As to cost, its never a factor. When you consider what you have invested, whether its a cheapy 50 buck euro mount or a cheapy 300 buck shoulder mount or an expensive 150 euro or expensive 500 buck shoulder mount its very minimal in the scheme of things.

I do love the fact that you are having the hide tanned. Most folks don't even think of that. I do it often as I like hides laying around.

Decor wise you may be just fine. Wife and I don't do "decor" we just hang heads. Probably trailer trash to some.

I was just making conversation as they say, nothing meant personally. You have your take on it, I have mine. I can afford a shoulder mount every 5 years or so, and in fact some of the shoulder mounts I've seen, say the 169 just killed locally, would be submitted for a lifesize mount.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 21, 62 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.