-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I reckon most of us represent the "extreme fringe"- thank GOD - because of our support for the 2nd amendment.When that subject is off the table,I wonder if we are all as right wing as is commonly supposed?<P>There are a lot of social issues and economic issues that define us politically.IT would be interesting if one of you more learned types- I mean that sincerely - would post a few questions on here that we could answer to ourselves and rate ourselves as 1 thru 5 perhaps on the political spectrum.<P>I know CAT can do it if he will and I know there are others on here similarly qualified. Any takers?<P>------------------<BR>Boone and Crockett was rednecks

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I am so far on the right that I may fall off if I'm not carefull. I like the saying...."the only things you find in the middle of the road are dead skunks and yellow stripes". HOSS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hoss I think you hit it on the head.<BR>I consider myself just to the right of Rush Limbaugh!<P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY!.........Freedoms greatest enemy!</B>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ah hell, I'm all over the map. A strong belief in the 2nd amendment makes me a right winger. Strong belief in the 1st,4th and 5th makes me a liberal.<BR> <BR>I hate to be the "sensitive Californian", but labels can be utter crap. There are Democrats in office that I would consider allies, and Republicans that are definitely enemies (McCain for example).<P>Then there's Jeffers...<P>Scott<P>

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever it is,<P>� If the Bible says I should be for it, I'm for it and not moderately.<P>� If it's in the Constitution, I'm for it and not moderately.<P>� If it's logical, I'm for it and not moderately.<P>� If it's fair to everyone, I'm for it and not moderately.<P>� If there's sound middle ground (0) between extremely liberal (-) and extremely conservative (+), I MAY be there (moderately), in the door that leads to conservative.<P>� If it's purely imaginary "middle ground" (no 0 between - and +), that's no place for anyone with brains and guts. Or me.<P>� Neither the extent of its popularity nor who it's popular with is (by itself) worth honest weight of acceptance or rejection.<P>� If it's illegal, immoral, illogical, unjust, stupid, or unfair, I'm ag'in it, and not moderately.<P>� If it's fattening, I'm probably addicted to it � and not moderately.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ken,<P>Well stated, as usual. I concur whole-heartedly with those guidelines, except for the issue of legality. <P>If it's illegal, I'll still evaluate for myself whether or not it deserves that label, and act accordingly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every place I look today Ken has already been there, and said it way better than I could ever hope to. Once again, all I can say is AMEN KEN!!<P> BTW, You ever thought about running for office?<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (22kHornet, 1Longbow, 163bc, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 36 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,652
Posts18,533,834
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.