-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate people from New Jersey--especially when they drive in New York. Actually, I don't hate New Jerseyans, they serve a useful purpose; without them, who would New Yorkers look down on?

I hate most of the people in my own state, but then I tend towards misanthropy anyway.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stetson
I thought you boyz called them Massholes. whistle

We call OURSELVES Massholes, thankee very much.

L

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And FWIW, I can't think of any people that have made me hate the *state* they call home. Just the people on in individual basis. Since I've met folks I'd both love to welcome into my home, and those I'd like to see get hit by a Mack truck from many, I don't generalize. I guess I don't suffer fools, incivility or unfounded nastiness well, no matter what state (or province/country/continent) those people hang their hats.

L

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I haven't read this whole thread,...but has anybody mentioned Michigan yet?

Taken as a whole,..Michigan people represent the loudest, most obnoxious, most foul mouthed people in the country.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lhonda
And FWIW, I can't think of any people that have made me hate the *state* they call home.

Take a field trip to Michigan and you'll get over *that*.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just hate people that post pictures of lobsters being consumed at Brown's!!!! Cause they don't share!!!! grin Man that was downright cruel!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
And FWIW, I can't think of any people that have made me hate the *state* they call home.

One of my buds is originally outa' Detroit. He's solid, if awful quick to want to throw down with the world when hammered, so we have to watch him close when out, lest he get too excited.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

One of my buds is originally outa' Detroit. He's solid, if awful quick to want to throw down with the world when hammered, so we have to watch him close when out, lest he get too excited.

Yeah,...I know how they are. Must be alla that Slavik influence in their linage is all I can figure. The wife's brother has got that Russian/Polish thing goin' on. Big ole' boy too,..... ya gotta watch him when he gets a buzz on,..which, in his case, usually begins with a jigger of rum in his first cup of morning coffee.

I seriously considered shootin' him the last time he came to visit,....kinda hated to take it that far,..family and all,...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You are a pillar of discretion and restraint. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before everything around us got grabbed up by the outfitter's we did have one run-in with a bunch of Chicago guys. Actually it was just one who was both stupid and mouthy for the rest of them.

We were hunting a friend's ranch and these nutbags thought they had permission to hunt that same ranch, which they did not. I was about twenty years younger then and had a bit of an attitude issue. When Mr. Dorkus made some comment about calling the sheriff on us I think it was the devil that told him to call the coroner too.

We listen to the police scanner whenever we're home during hunting season and much of what isn't just plain ignorant is sometimes funny.

We don't necessarily hate any of them. We do wish some would just keep drivin', maybe to Montana or Colorado.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I am late to this one,but I'd like to add that after much reflection,I have decided that I'm gonna hate people from New Jersey.

It seems like the right thing to do. grin

LOL!

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by twodogs
Before everything around us got grabbed up by the outfitter's we did have one run-in with a bunch of Chicago guys. Actually it was just one who was both stupid and mouthy for the rest of them.

We were hunting a friend's ranch and these nutbags thought they had permission to hunt that same ranch, which they did not. I was about twenty years younger then and had a bit of an attitude issue. When Mr. Dorkus made some comment about calling the sheriff on us I think it was the devil that told him to call the coroner too.

We listen to the police scanner whenever we're home during hunting season and much of what isn't just plain ignorant is sometimes funny.

We don't necessarily hate any of them. We do wish some would just keep drivin', maybe to Montana or Colorado.

grin Good one twodogs!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People are just people. They come in different shapes and sizes, colors and creeds, accents and attitudes, cultures and quirks. Taken as a whole, the world would be a pretty boring place if we were all the same.

I take people as I find them and try not to get too hung up on something as superficial as what artificially created geographic locale they hail from.

As a rule, however, I prefer Westerners to North-Easterners. grin

Would add though, Salmonella seems to "protesteth too loudly", too often and with too many pics... not too sure what's up with that. wink

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah,...I know how they are. Must be alla that Slavik influence in their linage is all I can figure. The wife's brother has got that Russian/Polish thing goin' on. Big ole' boy too,..... ya gotta watch him when he gets a buzz on,..which, in his case, usually begins with a jigger of rum in his first cup of morning coffee.

I seriously considered shootin' him the last time he came to visit,....kinda hated to take it that far,..family and all,...

lol

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Damned okies...grin...Sorry I was feeling left out...:o

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, if there won't Okies, living on the front-line in trailers, taking the brunt of tornadoes, I can't imagine what would happen to the upper midwest. grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Is it still Oklahoma law that if your from Arkansas you cannot buy an Oklahoma hunting license?

I would say Okies hate Arkies !!!!!!

Even though my Granddad came from Arkansas to NE Texas and is buried in Oklahoma.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad
People are just people. They come in different shapes and sizes, colors and creeds, accents and attitudes, cultures and quirks. Taken as a whole, the world would be a pretty boring place if we were all the same.

I take people as I find them and try not to get too hung up on something as superficial as what artificially created geographic locale they hail from.

As a rule, however, I prefer Westerners to North-Easterners. grin

Would add though, Salmonella seems to "protesteth too loudly", too often and with too many pics... not too sure what's up with that. wink

Sorry for the volume.

If you did a search here you would see why.
Tons of jabs pointed at Californians.
Not only on this outdoor website, but most of them.
It rolls right past you unnoticed cuz you ain't one.
I guarantee that when a majority of the readers here see anything that has to do with California, they think this....

[Linked Image]

Or this....

[Linked Image]

I try to portray my California,which is completley different than what most of you guys think.

You ain't walked in my shoes.
When I hunt out of state, the first thing I do is remove my front license plate on my pickup.
You would not believe the difference it makes.
When driving country roads, locals give the courtesy wave and a tip of the hat, with the California plate on I'm more likley to get the finger than a wave.
Not only that but several friends have had their pickups vandalized with the words "GO HOME" carved in the hood.
So by removing my plate and backing into the brush I lessen that possibility of vandalism by some local wanting some sort of retribution.

As far as the pics, I'm kind of an infrequent poster here and try to establish myself, because without photos, there is a major credibility problem, like it never happened.

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

And for Californians Californicating the west .... a few years ago when we sold the home place in Cali I was reading up on some demographics.

For every Californian that was leaving the state there was 9 persons moving in (mostly form the mid-west and east coast) and that was down from like 17 .... and that was legally; not counting the southern illeagle migration.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Frankly, you don't know anything about me or what "I think"... I've often expressed my view of California... that there are at least "fifty different California's."

My best friend lives in the Central Coast of CA. Wonderful and conservative area, great wine, good hunting. I was born in CA (moved age 3). I have aunts, uncles and cousins in CA. Spent a LOT of time there.

The reality is, there is a lot of great spots in CA. You have a lousy State Government, but you already knew that.

As for the pics, every time a post about CA comes up we get a review of the same pics... and too many.

Would add, we don't need the gay or traffic pics... those are just tacky (especially the traffic - grin).

You should be proud of the area you live and you have no need to defend it... rather, just enjoy it.

No one needs to be convinced... seriously.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.