Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
bobkat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
A trade that may have went South on me. Seems like his memory is bad, forgot to send me the stuff I was supposed to recieve. I sent him my items and he just can't seem to remember what to send me. Hmmm . Anybody know this guy? Have sent him several emails. He is not answering them as of late.

UPRR Ret.
100% DAV (Agent Orange Casualty)

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That sucks. If you have his personal info, call his local PD!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bobkat
A trade that may have went South on me. Seems like his memory is bad, forgot to send me the stuff I was supposed to recieve. I sent him my items and he just can't seem to remember what to send me. Hmmm . Anybody know this guy? Have sent him several emails. He is not answering them as of late.

Yes, I had a similar experience with him, and he sent me the wrong item. But, I only had $5 in the deal, so I never made a fuss over it.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMB
Yes, I had a similar experience with him, and he sent me the wrong item. But, I only had $5 in the deal, so I never made a fuss over it.

That seems to be his M.O. I had a less than stellar experience with him myself, but it wasn't worth the hassle to call him out over a five or ten bucks. I've passed along the info I have to bobcat, and done a little looking on the net. There seem to be a lot of inconsistancies.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Might be the same "b00mer that posts over on the 6mmbr forum? Always seems to be selling something over there.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. Same guy/gal. Hard to tell. He gave me his wife's first initial as a "ship to." That, and the records that pop up with every conceivable permutation of his name, is what makes me think this is "pattern behavior." I'm thinkin' his karma will catch up with him.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by willsnipe
Yep. Same guy/gal. Hard to tell. He gave me his wife's first initial as a "ship to." That, and the records that pop up with every conceivable permutation of his name, is what makes me think this is "pattern behavior." I'm thinkin' his karma will catch up with him.

That's interesting information.
I never had good feelings about him, but decided to press on buying a $5 item from him. I had advertised here on 24 Hour for an old Lee single primer seating tool, sold about 25 years ago, before they came out with their Auto Prime tool. He replied to my ad saying he had one to sell me for $5, so I bit, hook, line and sinker... grin Well, what he sent me was a bunch of parts to the newer Auto Prime tool, not even close to that fine old Lee single priming tool, the one I've been looking for. I just mentally wrote it off to a misunderstanding. There was definitely a failure to communicate with him. But, based on this thread I'm thinking that I wasn't the one who miss-communicated. My ad was clear about what I wanted.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

S
S
My experience was similar, but a little more costly; but since it was on another site, I had not mentioned here until this. He listed pre'64 M94, but sent one that was built in 1976 and had been painted - totally different than the listing and the pics he sent me. After many emails with excuses about being sick, loosing his job, etc., he finally offered to send my money back only after I sent the gun back. You know the old saying, screw my once, shame on you... I just decided to chalk it up to experience and be more careful with those I deal with in the future. I too sent the payment to who I assume was his wife! As my experience was not good, I would caution anyone to be careful in the future with this person, if he is the same b00mer from Bessemer City, NC.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We need a bad guy list.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yea, He Forgot To send My Stuff On a Trade deal several Months ago.Also On Another Forum{GON}.He finally Sent it after some I posted About It and the Owner-Mod Took it Down{Said it Looked Bad For The Forum. W.T.F.I Had all My P.M's Saved From From Him}. To Late for you Now, But I'd Stay clear Of him.

Last edited by Mull; 12/28/08.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear
We need a bad guy list.

Unfortunately, that's not very practical. What makes a good or bad deal is VERY subjective. 90+% of complaints would come from folks wanting stuff NOW. For most of us, this isn't a business, and delays can happen. In cases like this, where there's a real problem, you often don't realize it 'till two or three of us start comparing notes like we did here. In any case it would become a nightmare for moderators to enforce. Ban me, I can be back in ten minutes with a new e-mail and screen name. If my intent was to defraud, I might well have set up several accounts in advance, boosted my post count(s) for months....you can see where it goes.

OK, RANT OFF!!

I detest all this negative stuff. The overwhelming majority of folks here are 100% honest. I refuse to let a bad apple ruin my day, let alone shake my faith in my fellow man.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It is a shame and sad at the same time that once in awhile one bad apple spoils things for so many good folks. I have been lucky so far and have not ran into a bad apple. But it is a shame that someone does that just once but than makes a habit out of it is very shameful. Because I know that most of us just want to be fair and have fun with this.

Last edited by POPBEAR; 12/28/08.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
[quote=DMBI had advertised here on 24 Hour for an old Lee single primer seating tool, sold about 25 years ago, before they came out with their Auto Prime tool. He replied to my ad saying he had one to sell me for $5, so I bit, hook, line and sinker... grin [/quote]

So did I... I didn't get it either. I like those tools and wanted more. I have a real good supply of new, extra screw-in shell holders for them from a friend's estate. If you need any extras, PM me and I'll see if I have what you need.

Keep your plowshare and your sword, know when and how to use them.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Where does this person live?

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He was from Ga. Seen him Posting latley Out of N.C. I Think, Got few Freinds in both Places. that Might be able to Help a fellow out..

B
bobkat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
H Grindle
300 Grant Trail
Bessemer City, NC 28016
(704) 435-9236 This is the last info I have on him. I did a map quest of the address. He lives in what looks like a M.H. park by the looks of the ariel photo.
Hope he gets his one day.

Last edited by bobkat; 01/04/09.

UPRR Ret.
100% DAV (Agent Orange Casualty)

DKA Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Keep on doing what you are doing and you will keep on getting what you are getting.

NC Hunter Safety Instructor
NC Conceal Carry Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Saw a fresh post on 6mmbr by b00mer yesterday, so he is still around.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
last time I had a deal go like this a phone call from the guys local sherrif's office put the fear of God in the fella-got my gun the next week along with 1/2 my money back and an apology....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He posted a Cart for Sale Yesterday Over on GON. He's still Lurking around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.