Print Thread
Hop To
Page 101 of 1,842 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I LOVE me a slowly sinking bobber.

course...a drag peeling bobber is fun too.

grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Shack looks good and warm Dave. I'm gonna have to come up there and help break it in one of these weekends. Need to make another batch of jerkey first though! Isn't gull rock where we fished for large snot rockets last year?

that was twin rocks, just to the east a bit from gull.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
tzone just posted the 2000th reply to this thread.

I like the wobble bobber too, walter the walleye is gumming your jig, "but the bobber aint down.." i don't care, set the damn hook fool!!

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
This topic make me hungry for brats and a nice long pull off the Blackberry bottle.

I hate Blakberry brandy, but it just seems right when I'm ice fishin.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It really is hard to describe the complex, close personal relationship one has with one's bobber. Those of you who dont ice fish...you stand as good a chance understanding it as you do understanding the fairer sex.

Don't forget the Oh Yeah, the bobber is slowly going down...keep going....oh yeah...WHAT THE...dang bobber is back up. Check it or not. Hmmm. Come back Mr. I-wanna-your-fillets. No movement. Better check. ROBBED! mad

Great pic ND. Those of you who dont ice fish, stare at his bobber in that picture without blinking for the next 7 hours and you will start to understand.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do any of you guys use those under water fish cams ?

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Over 200 pages.
Over 2000 replies.
Over 80,000 views.

"Birth of a deer camp" aka The Saga of Northern Dave

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in April I saw something in this thread.I asked Rick Binn to "sticky" it.Dave is a legend now.I don't care how modest he is.I am very very proud to have seen it all happen.
A hunting cabin in the northern USA brought all of us together.We are now virtual family.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 12/30/08.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Amen Stan!!!! Happy New Year!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wabo, I am happy to see you around too. I will be in touch in a few weeks. We just bought a new house and be working on it 24/7. I "just" got a chance to sit down at the PC. I am trying to get all this done so I can take 10 days off to fill a bull elk tag starting Saturday.( hopefully not ALL 10) Its a tag I have been waiting a lonnnggg time for and am gonna be real selective. If hes not a big ( 330+) 6 point he's not coming offf the mountain.
Will talk to you soon!!

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've never used one of the cams myself but I know a couple people that have a lot of fun with them.

Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Stan in SC

Happy new year to you too Stan, goofy 45/70 shoot'n bugger grin

Well The new ice fishin house has a heater in it now. Pam picked one up for it today in town. Nice blue flame type, wall mounted vent free with thermostatic control.

Heater is mounted, gas line is finished, Weezy helped me with some of the trim strips on the inside, Runs With Scissors helped me with the skids that go under the house... There are still a few things left to finish up tomorrow night but they are things that will keep me out of trouble on new years eve grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by M1894
Do any of you guys use those under water fish cams ?

Vexilar, pretty cool when you've got the sensitivity adjusted so you can "see" your bait while jigging and "watch" a fish move in and grab it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Captain Dave,Where you gonna put the new shanty? I got a new marcum flasher and its alot of fun to wathc them come in and then raise you jig up to them and watch them take it. AArgg!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes us ice fishers worship the bobber but never forget the wonder of the "oh *&#$ flag" nothing like looking up and doing the mad dash to the flag with no idea what is on the other end.

I am looking forward to tommorow finally have some time to get the runners fixed on mine and get er out on some deeper water.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh i love me some flag chasing!!

After day 2 of watching the white tundra for orange flags to pop up I get a little buggy. I remember driving home from the lake & still scanning the fields & ditches for flags, almost locking up the brakes when I spoted a row of little orange flags poked in the ground marking an underground cable.

LOL!!

Buschy, I dunno yet. probably arnesons but i got a hankerin for something different. Trying to get the low down on the 5 mile & if the swift road goes all the way out or not. You know anything about that?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Happy New Year to you too Stan. And everyone else.

It is kind of wierd how a thread of a deer camp in norhtern MN can bring people together...as friends at that.

I don't know how or why but this thread makes me happier than I was before it existed.

I went throgh a real real rough 2008, some of it known to you guys, and most of it not. For some crazy reason...I checked this almost every day, and it brought some type of joy to me when I didn't have much.

For that, I thank Dave and his family. Though he would never ask for it, or even think it should be recognized, and will probably be a little emabarassed when he reads it, he deserves a thank you.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
So when you comin fishin with me Tom?

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
oh i love me some flag chasing!!

After day 2 of watching the white tundra for orange flags to pop up I get a little buggy. I remember driving home from the lake & still scanning the fields & ditches for flags, almost locking up the brakes when I spoted a row of little orange flags poked in the ground marking an underground cable.

I would love to hear from somebody down south that hasn't ice fished before, after seeing the flag run for the first time.

A grown man drops whatever he is doing, unless its beer drinkin' grin to run, slip, slide, sprawl across the ice to a little orange flag wavin' in the wind....oh chit missed em...back to cookin brats and burgers.

Ya gotta live here I guess.

I like watchin newbies scramble when the ice gives a big loud CRACK, POP, CRACK too. They start runnin...where ya gonna go? laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I watched 2 grown women (pam was one of em grin ) jump up into the back of a pickup truck when the ice cracked & shook once out on the lake.....

Like it was a boat or something, oh damn that was funny!!

Here! quick!! jump up into the back of this 5500lb truck! It'll be safe up there!! Haaaaa!!

oh that's just good stuff right there.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
So when you comin fishin with me Tom?

grin

We could make a plan...

I'll bring the brats and the cheese. grin

Page 101 of 1,842 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.