Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
I wonder though, if hysterical neighbors didn't set the stage for this trajedy. They may have overreacted and [/color]when drunken dufus came to the door with his K98[color:#FF0000], things went quickly downhill.

I once lived in an apartment were the neighbors downstairs were idiots. They call the manager on me tons of times when I was doing nothing but walking around. The manager thought I was some kind of freak until one day I had the maintenance guy up there looking at my hot water heater and they came up to complain and called the manager. The maintenance guy was there to witness that we were making no noise at all and that they were crazy. The manager left me alone after that.

But anyway, a harmless guy running around shouting "Happy New Year" may have been portrayed as a ravening maniac bent on killing every Jew in Seattle.

Again, just a simple "you might get shot if you come to the door drunk with a K98" on the side of a patrol car and then everyone would know.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
I wonder though, if hysterical neighbors didn't set the stage for this trajedy. They may have overreacted and [/color]when drunken dufus came to the door with his K98[color:#FF0000], things went quickly downhill.

I once lived in an apartment were the neighbors downstairs were idiots. They call the manager on me tons of times when I was doing nothing but walking around. The manager thought I was some kind of freak until one day I had the maintenance guy up there looking at my hot water heater and they came up to complain and called the manager. The maintenance guy was there to witness that we were making no noise at all and that they were crazy. The manager left me alone after that.

But anyway, a harmless guy running around shouting "Happy New Year" may have been portrayed as a ravening maniac bent on killing every Jew in Seattle.

Again, just a simple "you might get shot if you come to the door drunk with a K98" on the side of a patrol car and then everyone would know.

If drunk people made good decisions, the world would be a lot simpler place.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by HitnRun
hahaahaahhahahaa ya sure......

I hope you get really sick and die.

Ouch!! A little over the top there hit n run, but that's some funny stuff.

I'm your Huckleberry. -Tombstone

Time flies like the Wind. Fruit flies like Bananas! -Unknown
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TRH,

I have been involved in several of these situations and when we say drop the gun it is being repeated by everyone on scene. Even through auditory exclusion when several officers are yelling at you, you can hear it. We don't care if you set the gun down gently or throw it down; we just want to see movement that it is being laid down.

He was firing rounds so of course the officers are in fear that the guy could fire on them, but also the surrounding neighborhood. If you truly believe the officers came to the scene to "Make their bones� you truly are a lost individual. I don't know a cop at my department that wants to go through the personal and professional horror of taking someone�s life. Hawkeye you are out of line. If someone walked towards you with a K98 and refused to put it down, with the knowledge in your mind that they had already been negligently firing the weapons at random, what would you do? By all your previous posts, I don't see you asking him nicely and gently, to set the gun down, so that is doesn't mar the nice finish. According to you, you would have used all your training and ability to disarm him...and the responding police officers. No matter what the officers do, you can't believe that we are here to serve our community. You are a troll in the highest sense of the word.

You spend day after day thinking the worst of anyone that wears a uniform. Even when the evidence is clear you will fabricate an issue where there is none. You are a liberal with a gun. You personally attack anyone who defends the actions of people who place themselves in harms way every day. Would you do that? Have you ever done that? You then chastise us for standing up for one another publicly. What is it that you stand for. Have you ever had to stand in a riot line with people spitting in your face and throwing rocks and bottles at you, to protect a politician that you can�t stand, but you do it because its your job. You don�t react to the sex offender that calls you from the holding cell to tell you he�s gonna rape your wife, beat your child to death and burn your house down. After all that you have to hand him his meal and call him sir, because that�s your job.

We are a band of brothers, we are brothers that stand side by side doing a filthy, often disgusting job filled with some of the worst horrors imaginable and at the end of the day its not you standing there, patting me on the back and asking if I�m okay because I rolled up to a call with a family murdered by their father. It�s my partner watching my back as we enter a housing area of 72 convicted felons, it�s my Sergeant that comforts me when the job has gotten to me. It�s not you. You sit there at your computer and trash us all day long from what experience again!

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day

I�m done!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hunter,

I usually stay out of these, to the point of not even reading them. When I do read them, I often wonder why so many people gang up on you. You make a lot of good points. You get carried away by the argument though. Do you see the contradiction in the following two posts?

At 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by NH K9
Sounds righteous to me, but does anyone want to go over/under on 10 pages. I'll take the over smile .

Seven rounds between two guys doesn't sound too bad. I'll always take extra range time with Dept. ammo, though.

George

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
George, this will not go to 10 or even close i am not going to argue with the idiot, Hawkeye.

At 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by hunter1960
So Hawkeye, based upon the information that we know at this time. Tell me what you'ld of done, in this situation?

I know that your Uncle was once an MC cop in Maryland, so you should have great insight as to how to handle this type of situation. Now's your chance, you talk, the talk, let's see if you can walk, the walk, as to of handling this situation?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As an aside, I was shooting one of my K98s this afternoon. If I am ever in a situation where I need to club someone to death with a gun, that one is the tool I am choosing. Those things are built like a brick [bleep]. That aluminum buttplate would cave a skull lickity split.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Prohibition didn't work and it's legal to be drunk at home. I don't know the exact stats, but, I believe chemical stimulation/depression is present more often than not when a person shoots another person. In other words, whether you�re the shooter or shootee, someone is not making sound, rational decisions and more often than not it�s the result of a chemical that affected the CNS of one, both or all of the combatants/victims.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
For those that might be wondering,this wasn't the first run-in with the law that this dumbshit had.

The news didn't mention why,but he had the gun taken from him by the police previous to this. He had just recently gotten the rifle back.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Prohibition didn't work and it's legal to be drunk at home. I don't know the exact stats, but, I believe chemical stimulation/depression is present more often than not when a person shoots another person. In other words, whether you�re the shooter or shootee, someone is not making sound, rational decisions and more often than not it�s the result of a chemical that affected the CNS of one, both or all of the combatants/victims.

I would venture to say that many if not most people who get a DWI start out the intention to not drive if they have too much to drink. However, after ten beers, their best available judgment tells that they can drive just fine after ten beers and that it certainly isn't "too much" because after all, they are just going down the road to get some smokes. Or whatever other drunken rational they use.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why did they even call the police, they should have called a counselor to handle the shots fired call.

Thats the problem with people these days. Nobody is willing to have a love in with group hugs when the neighbor gets tipsy and starts discharging weapons.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe

Why did they even call the police, they should have called a counselor to handle the shots fired call.

Thats the problem with people these days. Nobody is willing to have a love in with group hugs when the neighbor gets tipsy and starts discharging weapons.

Since someone died I won't reply as I normally would.

Nice post.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would venture to say that many if not most people who get a DWI start out the intention to not drive if they have too much to drink.

I don't believe that.

However, it would make a great study!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I would venture to say that many if not most people who get a DWI start out the intention to not drive if they have too much to drink.

I don't believe that.

I know a lot of them do. Of course, the people with more than two or three just don't give a crap. And they are the really dangerous ones.

From my experience in seeing these people, the guys who are .15 and below almost never cause a serious accident. The ones who get drunk and run into a car full of kids are the pieces of crap who have had three or four and have a BAC that would drop an elephant.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I don't believe that.

I know a lot of them do. Of course, the people with more than two or three just don't give a crap. And they are the really dangerous ones.

From my experience in seeing these people, the guys who are .15 and below almost never cause a serious accident. The ones who get drunk and run into a car full of kids are the pieces of crap who have had three or four and have a BAC that would drop an elephant.

Well, I'll have to bow to your expertise here. I know you've seen more DWI/DUI clients than I've arrested by faaar, and although they lie to you too, they lie less to you than to the police. I know I would.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know Im being a asshat but I just dont understand. Maybe I havnt been beaten by the police enough. Maybe Im just ignorant. When I read a story like this I actually think that the police used deadly force because they had to.

I certainly dont think " How could they shoot that poor scared stiff man trying to protect his collectible rifle"

That seems like stupid thinking to me. Now, Im kind of a self proclaimed Idiot. So When I think someone is talking stupid, I cant help but be a smart ass.

Remembering The 99
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Bushwhacker, as I've maintained all along, I'm perfectly open to the possibility of this being a good shoot. I wasn't there, so don't know either way. My first reaction, absent clear evidence to the contrary, however, is going to be suspicion that someone's rights were violated by government agents. I see this, in fact, as the duty of every American. Anyone considering a career as a cop should expect this from the citizenry. Suspicion, however, is not an inference of guilt.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I don't believe that.

Well, I'll have to bow to your expertise here. I know you've seen more DWI/DUI clients than I've arrested by faaar, and although they lie to you too, they lie less to you than to the police. I know I would.

DWI clients don't lie. By then they have sobered up and they are for the most part, pretty disgusted and embarrased. They just want to get it over as painlessly as possible.

Now, the ones who have already had three or four DWIs are another matter. They are serious alcoholics and most of them like being alcoholics. Those are the ones who get a BAC of .25 and kill someone. They fully intend to drive drunk because they are never sober. When they go out, they elevate their normal state of drunkeness to a "kill any normal human being" level of drunkeness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Odessa
Not a good idea to point a rifle at cops.

Seattle Police Kill German History Buff (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)

SEATTLE (Jan. 2) - A college student
dressed in a vintage German military uniform
who was fatally shot by police on New
Year�s Day was a harmless, eccentric history
buff, his family and friends said Friday.
Miles Murphy, a University of Washington
senior, was shot several times at his apartment
early Thursday after police said he
pointed a rifle affixed with a bayonet at officers
and refused orders to drop the
weapon.
Seattle police had converged on Murphy�s
apartment after receiving complaints that
several men were firing rifle and shotgun
rounds into the air. Murphy emerged from
inside and pointed what was later identified
as a World War II Kar 98 German infantry
rifle at the officers, police said.
When he refused several orders to drop the
weapon, two officers fired seven shots, police
Officer Jeff Kappel said. Murphy was
taken to Harborview Medical Center, where
he died.
A witness told some officers at the scene
that Murphy had been firing blanks that
night.
Police searching the house found alcohol,
live ammunition and a large collection of
German, Russian and Nazi memorabilia including
photographs and uniforms, Sgt.
Sean Whitcomb said.
But Murphy �wasn�t a Nazi,� Hattie Taylor,
a friend, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
�He was just fascinated with the past... He
liked to dress up and have fun.�
Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske called the situation
�truly sad� but stood by the officers�
actions. �Right now, I don�t see any other
choice that they had,� he said.
The two officers who fired at Murphy were
placed on paid administrative leave, which
is standard procedure.
Murphy, 22, was a senior Germanics major,
university President Mark Emmert said in
a statement Friday mourning his loss.
Murphy wanted to be a German literature
professor and had a large collection of
WWII memorabilia, said his friend Spencer
Bray.
He was �a peaceful and loving young man,�
his mother, Dianne Murphy, told the local
newspaper.
He either froze at the sight of guns pointing at him, or was hesitant to drop a rare collectable rifle. I have some military Mausers in near mint condition, myself, that I'd sure hate to drop on the ground. You spend years treating these things like the crown jewels, and you naturally have a mental block on dropping them haphazardly. Wasn't there, so don't know how exactly it went down, but I suspect some cops are looking to "make their bones" on situations like this.

Absolutely believable coming from the likes of you. I was going to insult you but thought you aren't even worth being calling a stupid [bleep].

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by sgt217
And here we go....

I knew I could count on TRH to get me to my 10 smile .

George
Sorry George, but I think it's inevitable that while the profession draws lots of folks like yourself, it also draws the kind of person who's looking for a chance to shoot someone under color of law. Yes, they try to weed those sorts out, but I'm not sure how universally successful they are at that considering the stories we too often read about.

All I can say is TRH is obviously a guy that needs to be beaten into a comma with a baseball bat in some porn shop parking lot. Then the poetic justice could be the cop making his bones, taking a piss on him.

Guys like you are the reason I'm about to abandon this site. PINKO liberal cop hater who brag about their shooting skills and on and on, add their insignificant 2 cents to every thread posted, like your opinion actually counts or matters. However with 13K + post its obvious you don't move your hippy, libberal, ass faced self far from a keyboard, where you can hide behind your anonimity! Hope to run accross you some day myself....

Careful H&R, he's superman. Able to talk anyone out of any situation and has 10yrs of jujitsu to back up his super ego.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mac84
Careful H&R, he's superman. Able to talk anyone out of any situation and has 10yrs of jujitsu to back up his super ego.
Don't forget that I can shoot the head off a fly at twenty paces and always pack a .45.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.