Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2696903 01/04/09
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
After making several negative comments about Buck and his show recently I felt obligated to watch his show when it popped up this afternoon.

I had serious heartburn with him a number of years ago when he twirled his Mossberg shotgun into the concrete pad at a trap range while talking to the camera. he literally cupped the toe of the butt in his palm and twirled the shotgun.

Combined with his other fine traits I was nearly compelled to puke. There were lots of other safety issues shown so I wrote Mossberg, a show sponsor, to tell them how I felt. They did not respond.

A few months later Buck was charged with a Lacey Act violation for transporting AK caribu he shot the same day airborne. The guide, James Fejes, was arrested and paid dearly. The other "hunter" were also charged.

Buck cut a deal with the Feds and never answered to AK law. As part of his Fed sentence he was not allowed to hunt in the US for several years and had to make public service announcements on his show about how bad law breaking is...

James apent a year in jail and lost a Super Cub and a lot more. he shoulda knowed better...

Here is a link to James' appeal: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/7A8FEAE91A0D94FF88256E5A00707975/$file/9930144.pdf?openelement

http://www.huntingreport.com/hunting_article_details.cfm?id=472

I wrote to Mossberg again and heard nothing. I have now written off Mossy and will not order them for folks or have anything else to do with them, period.

All of this is just lead-in to the jerk in today's show... The same old Buck I remembered from before. He was black bear hunting in Alberta and shot a small bear on the first day. It was of course "huge" on the show, despite the fact it required stretching to make Dink.

But, he then said he was just going to spend the rest of his trip waiting for a blonde 8' black bear. His "guides" told him he could do that.

He then prceeded to shoot another ordinary black phase, but this one was now "Enormous!" It may have been 6', which is not a bad bear... but black roots went all the way to the tips of the hair and the 8' range was not in sight.

Took a short peek at his website and did not find Mossberg listed as a sponsor, but Muck boots and SigSauer are there.
http://outdoorsmanint.com/

Mossberg had their chance at my affections and lost it and Buck is still a complete putz.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Fat [bleep] Buck.

Putz is complimentary.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I put my cursor on the 'links', a Savage logo (Indian Head) appears...No mention of Savage inside though.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ironbender
He gives Pus-Guts everywhere a bad name...

Jed
Noticed that, too, but did not find a link either. I remember one of his "shows" when the Savage Accu-trigger first came out and he was gushing all over it at SHOT. That about 3-4 years ago?
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't seen any of his stuff on DirecTV.....I reckon I don't have to endure switching channels when he's on. There are much better outdoor shows on than this goober.

There's another one I don't care for....Wayne something. 'That's what it's all about' is his main line.

All American

All the time
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Wayne Carlton??

Theres only a few I will watch and Jim Shockey is one of em. I like him. and Colorado Buck, him too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264
Wayne Carlton??

Theres only a few I will watch and Jim Shockey is one of em. I like him. and Colorado Buck, him too.

Could be.....Georgia boy I think. Boring.

I like Shockey and Realtree. Buckmasters is OK. I can't stand that stupid neck wrap worn though......gay.

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Mcneely is a "Puss Gut"....

Jim is brothers with "Same day Sam"

And Blaine is related to Rocky...

Nuff said...........

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ugh... He is a TV hunter.... THey are all the same... Why does this surprise anyone?

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Amazing Buck McNeely is still on TV. Garbage along with most other shows.

Shockey, Primos, Eastmans, Bowhunter Magazine and a small hand full of others are O.K. in my opinion.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Forgot, I like Eastmans too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264
Wayne Carlton??

I like Colorado Buck also.And his 300 Roy.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Shockey is a pimp....

It's one of the few shows I enjoyed watching. I haven't had TV in over a year. So I've missed most of the recent stuff. But, Shockey always seemed like a down to Earth, funny guy, that knew his [bleep]...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wayne Pearson, here is a real odd ball.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Kodiman
"And Blaine is related to Rocky..."

That never clicked until just now. I have met him a number of times and never made the connections. Did not realize until reading Fejes' appeal that he was there on the "Buck" hunt.

Just wildly guessing Jim and Buck would drive a guide to drop a dime... wink And how did Blaine miss the pinch otherwise?
art

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I see almost none of the TV shows and usually go elsewhere when I bump into them... But I do know a few guys personally that are on the shows and some of them I can like.

Scott Haugen has been a good friend since long before he started writing and I have hunted and fished with him many times. And I intend to again. Any opinion I might have would be swayed by that, I am sure. But I have not actually seen more than a couple of his shows.

Cam Hanes of Eastman's Bowhunting hunted with Scott and I for a couple weeks on Kodiak once and he is tough! Have not been blown away by his show the one time I saw it...

Buck is a whole other thing... He must have a little loose change for hunting on...
art

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Outdoorsman premiered in 1985 - on one T.V. station in Cape Girardeau, Missouri! Since then, it has become the largest syndicated outdoor adventure series in the USA.

This has got to be bull$hit...I've never heard or seen the dude...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
He will obviously do all sorts of repugnant stuff... What makes you think lying is out of the question?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our local CBS station used to air his shows at 10:30 p.m. Sunday nights. I watched the first show because I had never heard of him. After that, I tuned in to watch him make a fool of himself. Did you see his Africa show where he hunted with Peter Capstick? Buck (while wearing his safari hat with zebra hat band) shoots an animal, I think it was an Nyala. Anyway, he turns around to Capstick and brags about the distance of the shot, which was clearly less than he stated. Capstick looks at him and says "in your dreams Buck". My other favorite was when he shot the 6' Russian Brown Bear off a cliff and then tries to sell what a whopper it was. I thought his Russian guides were going to start laughing. The shows haven't been on here for a couple of years now, but to this day anyone in our deer camp that does something stupid or shoots a dink is said to have pulled a "McNeely". grin

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Capstick looks at him and says "in your dreams Buck"."

I saw that one, it was funny. I used to watch the show once in a while, no cable...

Most of the time it was pretty brutal to watch.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,856 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,465
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.