Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pure class. smile

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was reading some of the stories on the Mystery Ranch website and saw some great pictures. I was wondering when we are going to see more Marpat packs. I saw some Marpat CrewCabs but I don't see a color option on the website, just Multicam.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Avagadro,

We have a Long Hunter you can borrow for a weekend, if you want to test out a real Kifaru pack.

let me know and I can bring it to work.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by remington79
I was reading some of the stories on the Mystery Ranch website and saw some great pictures. I was wondering when we are going to see more Marpat packs. I saw some Marpat CrewCabs but I don't see a color option on the website, just Multicam.

You can only get the MARPAT if you are a stud of almost unbelievable and amazing proportions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess not enough jar heads working at MR smile

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
super-cool jarhead dude w/MARPAT crew-cab. You have to know people in high places to score one of these..
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Come on greenhorn every body knows the Marines stole the "Marine Pattern" from the Candian Army anyway smile

I like the marpat a little better then the multicam. Its too bad its not a stock color.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Greetings, Like has been said sooo often before, with packs as with boots, "buy the one that fits YOU best".
Regards, Jim

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

You can only get the MARPAT if you are a stud of almost unbelievable and amazing proportions.

Some of us get stuck with the pedestrian version with bland colors. grin

[Linked Image]

Guess I need to may contact with someone higher up the MR food chain.

Attached Images
11805-IMG_2814-1.JPG (94.07 KB, 89 downloads)

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I've got a MR Crew Cab and recently ordered an MR medical gear pack. Excellent quality & well thought out. - I've also had the opportunity to try out a Kifaru Long Hunter pack. (And I own various Kifaru shelter/camp gear). Also very well made pack. What I liked most about the Kifaru was that it felt considerably lighter weight than the MR. I went with the MR because I waited awhile before odering the pack. With the lead time quoted, I wouldn't have received the pack soon enough for the upcoming hunt season. If you go with Kifaru, order with plenty of lead time. - - The MR was shipped out right away. - - Both companies make great packs and you'll be well served by either one.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well I got some bad news. MR said they only offered a few bags in Marpat and that was a few years ago. They don't make any rucks in it anymore. That's a shame as the Marpat would work great in the timbers of Northern Idaho. Sometimes the Multicam is just a little too light in color.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Honestly, the last thing I'd worry about on an important piece of equipment is the color or camo pattern. 99.9% of that is pure market hype. For years, my primary hunting backpack was a Dana Stillwater in an ugly lime green/silver/black. It never cost me an animal, and had an undue amount of bloodstains on it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I prefer subdued colors and if possible a camo pattern to help break up my outline. It's just personal preference. It's the same reason I'm dissapointed in a lot of tent makers. They are making the majority of their products in bright obnoxious colors. I like to keep things low profile and don't like to attract attention unless I want it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 66 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,791
Posts18,516,029
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.