Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
The Wal-Mart store in Renton, Washington just got in a shipment of Federal 22 L.R. hollow-points and they are selling VERY briskly at $13.40 cents per 550 pack!
I bought a bunch of them and even got to beat the Taxingtonians out of their 9% sales tax!
Many stores I shopped at on my just concluded whirlwind trip to the west coast were sold out of all rimfire bulk pack 22 amunitions!
Obama-itis has me storing and stocking up on ammo and components like a giant nervous Tree Squirrel hoarding nuts!
Anyway the price was good and they had been out of the ammo for more than two weeks so I stocked up.
Anyone interested should call their local Wal-Mart and if its in stock they will set it aside til you get there.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
local store has none, and has none on order. Even so, I probably have around 50 of those stored away in the safe. laugh

Sam......

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Mannlicher: I don't have quite that many on hand -,but I may have by springtime!
You keep your ammo in a safe - huh?
Hmmm...?
I keep my ammo on storage shelves and in a metal storage type locker (no lock!).
I would hate to see anyone wait til the last minute before a Varmint Hunt or something and then be unable to find munitions!
You all have been warned.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm not a big fan of the Federal 22 ammo but given the current situation, I'm gonna go see is our local Wal-Mart has any. Another brick or three to store away can't hurt anything.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the heads up. My Walley World no longer has any and I have 3300 rounds. I also have 400 more rounds of shotgun ammo.
Looks nice having a stockpile on the shelf. The federal 100 packs of shotgun ammo is cheaper than I can load for.

Salmonhead
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our's is out of Federal, but had Winnie Xpert for 12.97 though.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Yeah, our China Mart has been out of the Federal 550 bulk for some time now. They had AutoMatch for awhile but that is gone too now. My Ruger M77/22 and MK II loved the Federal bulk. I've been afraid to try the Winchester after having read some less than glowing reports about it.

Mike

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I forgot to mention our Wally's had one of these and I bought that too (along with two of the Winnie Xpert bulk packs).

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My Rifles LIke American Eagle Hollowpoint.

Its one sale from time to time.

A guy can acquire a few rounds pretty quick.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man those 550 packs used to go for only 8 bucks!

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Maser: I think the lowest price I ever paid for the Federal Bulk Packs was $8.99 SEVERAL years back, and that was at a Wal-Mart.
I can NOT recall positively - but I think that was when the Federal Bulk Packs came in the amount of 525 rounds - not 550 like they do now!!!
But your point is valid - ammo is going up!
I have heard that it's going up again next week for the "yearly" price increase of 2,009!
But relatively accurate ammo at 2.5 cents apiece is a price I am not even hesitant to pay.
Granted I wish it was less but its not.
If you ever see the bulk packs at Wal-Mart for sale at less than $13.40 PLEASE contact me and let me know!
I have two Wal-Marts within a days driving distance of me - the one to the north is only 65 miles each way and the one to the south is 145 miles each way!
I don't get by the Wal-Mart to often.
Again please let me know if you see it cheaper.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Maser
Man those 550 packs used to go for only 8 bucks!

I think they're fetchin' close to $18/550 @ SW.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VarmintGuy,

I just dug up an old empty box that you are talking about or at least I think what you're talking about. Are they the hollow points that are 36 grains? If so then this Federal pack is what you're talking about. And it IS 550 rounds. I don't know remember when I got it, but sure it was around the time I was 13 and addicted to my Ruger 10/22 when I got it for my birthday. And that was 6 years ago. But I am sure it was 8 bucks. Like 7.99 or 7.97. And yeah, it was from Wal-Mart.

But yeah, I'll shoot you a PM if I see them cheap again. I really haven't been buying .22LR ammo from Wal-Mart because I'm more into the specialty ammo that can only be found in an actual gun shop. I'm addicted to the Aguila Colibris and Super Colibris. But yeah, next time I go to Wal-Mart I'll see the price on them Federal .22LR bulk packs.

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I checked at the local walmart yesterday and they have recieved a new shipment. Now the price is $13.97 and the supply is limited. I got my share.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our's still does have lr ammo.

Remmy "golden" boolits $16.97
Winnie Xpert HV boolits $12.97

Several of each

I picked up some more last nite.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At the end of 07, they were just under $10. Went to $11.50 or, then $12.97, and recently about $13.50.

Buy now, cuz the tree huggers are going to ban lead ammo. Too easy for them to do it. The death of cheap plinking is just around the corner.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Maser: I have scrounged around as well and found a "Federal 525 Round Value Pack" the bulk pack box is also marked "CHAMPION" as well. This pack is full and un-opened.
I am not sure how old they are but they are described on the box as High Velocity - 36 grain - Copper-plated - Hollow point - 525 Rounds - Value Pack - Every Shot Counts
Again I am not sure when this 525 round bulk pack was available but I know it hasn't been for at least a couple years.
Maybe someone ordered them up for some reason - anyway the price of ammo is only moving one way and like someone posted - the days of cheap "plinking" have come and gone!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I believe when the current contract to Walmart is over, we will see a big increase in bulk .22 ammo. I've been checking the web for bulk .22 ammo an some places have bulk 550boxes of Federal approaching $30. I have a friend who has been calling all six Walmart stores withing a 50 mile radius in my area trying to find any .22lr ammo for his kid's new Christmas gun. It's just plain gone. I saw a few boxes of bulk .22 ammo at the SW last Saturday. I told him about it and he said it was now gone. I hope I'm wrong on the price increase.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
BigBoreFan: Yikes on that!
I better try to find some more myself and lay in the next couple of years supply!
Dang.
I was hangin out at my local pawn/sport shop today when a very attractive cowgirl came into the shop and her conversation to the owner went like this "Hi - its me again, my boyfriend wants me to buy another couple of cartons of Winchester Power-Points". "He told me that every time I get enough money for 2 cartons of them I should drive to town and buy them".
I'm saying her Levis were tight... errr ahh... I mean her thinking was RIGHT!
Yeah its a shame but I think the writing IS on the wall - a person had better stock up now or risk running out of ammo/components sometime soon.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well if .22lr gets too high it won't sell. Heck, if you are going to pay that kind of money for ammo you might as well as shoot center fire. Maybe I spent $1,000 for building a .22lr for nothing.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

49 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 6MMWASP, 907brass, 9 invisible), 1,451 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,080
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.