-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly how does the US have an Ambassador to a nation that doesn't exist?

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Exactly what I was thinking!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am simply amazed at the world (at least the media around the world) blaming this on Israel! I truly hope that Hamas is wiped from the map.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
A new Fox headline states that Hamas leaders have called what Israel is doing to them as "their Holocaust" and that they will end negotiations if it does not stop.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
KevinGibson is exactly right about the origins of "Palestinians".

There is no unique Palestinian language.

There is no Palestinian ethnicity.

Asser Yarafat was an Egyptian.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
A new Fox headline states that Hamas leaders have called what Israel is doing to them as "their Holocaust" and that they will end negotiations if it does not stop.

Stop negotiations? Well, that'll certainly stop Israel crazy

I realize I simply have to do something about this! I've decided to have a beer and watch football. It'll about as effective as anything else. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Exactly how does the US have an Ambassador to a nation that doesn't exist?

The US ambassador to Hamas, and Hezbolla has been a busy little beaver...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ahmed-shihabeldin/beirut-jimmy-carter-urges_b_150737.html

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
M
One of the main tenants for the existence of Hamas is the eradication of the nation of Israel. If Israel were to completely open the border between them and Gaza, terrorists would have a field day. That is obvious to anyone who had given half an ear to the news over the last several years. If the Israelis are considered the "bad guys" in this conflict, why are they deliberately trying to spare the civilians by dropping the pamplets telling them to stay away from Hamas members, and why are they targeting such specific targets? Hamas targets civilians all the time, and the world hears none of that! There will be some (or many, unfortunately) civilian lives lost in any conflict, and I am not denying that. I am sorry that non-combatants are being killed, but if Israel followed Hamas' example, they would be trying to hit random apartments, marketplaces, schools, and such, just to kill. They are responding to the locations of attacks. The whole strategy of terrorists is to mingle with the populace, so that when the militants are attacked, a number of civilians are killed, too. That way they can blame the attackers for "indiscriminate strikes on civilians." Hamas does not try to strike Israel's military, but their civilian institutions. No wonder Israel is just trying to stay alive!
Regards,
Graham

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Stop negotiations? Well, that'll certainly stop Israel crazy
Hamas' choice of negotiating tools (rockets into suburban ares), seems to be somewhat of a hindrance to the "negotiations."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by M70classic
One of the main tenants for the existence of Hamas is the eradication of the nation of Israel. If Israel were to completely open the border between them and Gaza, terrorists would have a field day. That is obvious to anyone who had given half an ear to the news over the last several years. If the Israelis are considered the "bad guys" in this conflict, why are they deliberately trying to spare the civilians by dropping the pamplets telling them to stay away from Hamas members, and why are they targeting such specific targets? Hamas targets civilians all the time, and the world hears none of that! There will be some (or many, unfortunately) civilian lives lost in any conflict, and I am not denying that. I am sorry that non-combatants are being killed, but if Israel followed Hamas' example, they would be trying to hit random apartments, marketplaces, schools, and such, just to kill. They are responding to the locations of attacks. The whole strategy of terrorists is to mingle with the populace, so that when the militants are attacked, a number of civilians are killed, too. That way they can blame the attackers for "indiscriminate strikes on civilians." Hamas does not try to strike Israel's military, but their civilian institutions. No wonder Israel is just trying to stay alive!
Regards,
Graham
The reason is simple. Most of the world is strongly anti-semitic and will always blame it all on those uppity Jews.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know, I think the West Bank and Gaza should be occupied permanently by Israeli troops. It would become like Northern Ireland was, but if you remember, Northern Ireland eventually settled down to a very mild roar. Gunfights in the street went away, and toward the end, there were a few bombing incidents each year. I think that's the best you could hope for with the "Palestinians."

The problem is cultural. An entire generation has been brought up to hate Jews, and the ONLY thing that can combat that is to raise the next generation to live in peace. And that will only come through Israeli occupation. Israel needs to annex the West Bank and Gaza. Setup their government, setup schools and force their will on the "Palestinians." It will be a heavy price, but it's the only way they'll get anything resembling peace in that area. It will take a minimum of 40 years and cost many lives. But it's the only way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
an acquaintance who retired after 25 years as a Jordanian army officer told me once that the Arab world despises the Palestinians. Actually what he said was that the Palestinians are "our n*ggers". Not endorsing the word choice, but I think that is pretty typical. Egypt doesn't want Gaza, and Jordan doesn't want the West Bank, because they'd have to take the so-called Palestinians with them.

He is five years older than I am and was a young lieutenant (he says leftenant)in the Black September war in 1970 when King Hussein and the regular Jordanian Army wiped out the "Palestinian" private army and chased the survivors into Lebanon. Which they then proceeded to ruin as well.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"an acquaintance who retired after 25 years as a Jordanian army officer told me once that the Arab world despises the Palestinians. Actually what he said was that the Palestinians are "our n*ggers". Not endorsing the word choice, but I think that is pretty typical. Egypt doesn't want Gaza, and Jordan doesn't want the West Bank, because they'd have to take the so-called Palestinians with them"

I knew a kid from Jordan in the early 80's who talked just like that. Exactly like that, in fact. And that was clear back then.

"Hamas leaders have called what Israel is doing to them as "their Holocaust" and that they will end negotiations if it does not stop."

End negotaions? Damn strait they will! They'll all be dead!

"When you lob missiles from a mosque, expect it to be blown up. If you lob missiles from a school, expect it to be blown up. When you lob missiles from your house, expect it to be blown up."

And when they lob missiles from the Gaza Strip, expect it to get blown up! I say carpet bomb from end to end.

I know some say that's extreme but I can't help getting this picture in my mind of a skinny kid with a sling saying, "who are these uncircumsized palestines?"

Level it.
Then forget it was ever there.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I atually wonder if thee is any other way. And, it's never my first inclination!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not my first inclination, either. But my only since the late 70's. Especially after knowing that kid from Jordan. His parents were just high enough up the ladder they got him out of there before his 16th b-day and enrolled him at K state. Otherwise he'd have been in the army and probably dead by the time I met him few months later.

He made strait A's by the way. And I ain't exaggerating when I say he talked exactly like SteveNO's acquaintance. Damn near word for word.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Saw this report today:

"The [Israeli] commander told reporters that Amir Mansi, the commander of Hamas's rocket-launching program in the Gaza City area who was killed by the IDF on Saturday, fired mortars himself after junior Hamas operatives refused to go outside, fearing an Israeli strike. "

"Mansi was identified by Israeli troops on Saturday firing mortars from Gaza. The soldiers opened fire, killing Mansi and injuring two Hamas operatives who were with him. "

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does Hamas Want It's NationTo Die???

Yes, they do.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Kevin Gibson,

Spot on with your posts."Palestinian" is a figment of someone's imagination and a term used by terrorists for world sympathy.

What this whole thing clearly demonstrates(or should) is that it is extremely important that Iran's nuke program be wiped out. If not, and the world continues wasting time by applying laughable pressure; groups like Hamas will get access to nukes and then the schitt will really hit the fan. And it will happen either in Israel or here.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 15 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,833
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.