Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
And These Are Matters Of Treason !!<P>Just had a heated argument with an in-law over RKBA, labor unions, the Kennedys and Democrats in general (he's one), over a few beers. It did not endear me to the wife's side of the family. (tough) My daughter's high school history teacher just informed her class that Jane Fonda's anti-American activities during the Vietnam era were no big deal ... forget about it. So I guess I took extra pleasure in reading this article today: <BR><A HREF="http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-horowitz060601.shtml" TARGET=_blank>www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-horowitz060601.shtml</A><BR>~ Dan

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Loud Cloud. I'd like to say a thing about union members, which you brought up in your post. I have belonged to an electical construcion labor union for almost 40 years. It is communism in it's purest form, and it works for the tradesmen. The vast majority of the men I have worked with are collectors, shooter, hunters, NRA members, and extremely conservative. Most would give up their job in a minute when it comes to making a choice between gun rights and the labor vote. I know you hear a lot in the media about union members voting for the Democrat candidate. Not in the construction industry. I have worked in lots of union organized manufactuing facilities either on new construction or maintenance. Most of the guys on the line in these factories and maintenance men feel the same way. Just because the a--holes who hold higher offices in these unions spout out the liberal rethoric that they do doesn't mean that the members all vote down the line. It is obvious that if you are iterested in keeping unions alive you would necessarily vote Democrat. The Republican party, in general, holds nothing back when it expresses it's disdain for unions, although they are glad to get our votes.I get a real pain in my ass when someone lumps us in with the teacher's union, unionized government workers, city slickers working in organized offices, people who haven't seen the outside of town except to fly to Miami, Orlando or Hawaii. You go to a union construction job and you will see the NRA logo right there on the back window with the union stickers, if there is a union sticker at all. Believe me when I say, union construction members didn't put Klinton in office and we are one of the reasons Gore didn't make it. How's this? A Republican just gave the Senate to the Democrats.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jane Fonda should be put through a few weeks of the same tortures that she, personally, caused some American POWs to receive in Hanoi. I spit on her and her actions.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey, Man, she said she was sorry, didn't she?

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
John,<BR>Sorry ... didn't mean to suggest that all union members are airheads. Should have specified "labor union lobby". As far as the back-stabbing going on in Washington ... I wish McCain would switch parties too. They both vote Democratic anyway, and McCain, especially, wouldn't be nearly as powerful and disruptive if he were on the other side of the aisle. Snakes, both.<BR>And yes, 375MAG, Jane is sorry!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As far as Jane is concerned. I wouldn't pee up her a$$ if her guts were on fire!<P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY!.........Freedoms greatest enemy!</B>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We all know Jane is sorry but is she regretfull?<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
My only problem with labor unions is the dues money (contributed by their mostly conservative members) that the unions give to the liberal left. My father who is a conservative and a member of the UAW gets all bent out of shape when I remind him that he has no say in who his dues money supports and that he unintentionally supported Al Gore last year. HOSS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hoss..... it is my understanding if you write to the union and tell them in writing you do not want any part of your dues to support a canidate that they must comply. I wrote and got back a form letter about how uninformed andshould support thier judgement, so I wrote back and basiclly said bulls**t. I got a letter back saying ok.<BR>As far as fonda, never understood why she wasn't tried for treason, and still don't...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm surprised some whacked out Vet didn't dust her.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
It's obvious that Al Gore didn't pull either the union vote or the Democrat vote. 65% of registered voters are registered as Democrats. If they voted in a block, no Republican would ever be elected. It's been estimated that Republicans vote from 90-95% down the line. So, the Democrats put G. W. into office. (With a little help from the Supremes, God bless their hearts.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 66 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,529
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.