Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Had Monarch go tits up on me.

Is Nikons warrenty any good? or am I goona have to fight and pester them to get it taken care of?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My foreman's Nikon fogged and they fixed it no hassle.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nikon's been great to me the couple times I used their customer service dept.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thats what happened to this one Sam. It flew for about 8' and then lightly bounced a turret off of a rock. Now its fogged up. I dunno what happend grin Just know that I cant keep buying scopes.

I'll give them a call.

Last edited by mud_bogger; 01/06/09.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We were using his as a hammer on 8 penny nails when it broke.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh I'm sure he appriciated the guesture. My foreman woulda canned my ass for pulling that stunt.

Least mine was accidental. All I was doing was walking down a trail. Next thing I know there wasnt any ground below me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We weren't really using it as a hammer..haha

Who know's how his fogged up.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
that what happened or is that what you told him?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He is extreme. Was out chasing lions all weekend with hounds.

Nobody had a gun, they do it for fun.

He needs a Leupold...grin

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thats the direction I'm going. I'm 2 for 3 on nikons that bit the dust. Cant see buying anymore of them

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Don't know about their warranty, have had four Monarchs with zero problems.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Go to the Nikon website..you'll be able to create a work/warranty order & e mail it to Nikon...I had them service a new Monarch 5-20 recently...very good C/S...

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It's pretty straight forward, haven't ever used it, but know two that did for their mistakes, if it don't work, they fix it, forever. Good luck, you will be happy I am sure.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/warranties.html

Keep Smiling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Being a person that tests/breaks many scopes a year, I can tell you that Nikon's customer has improved drastically over the past 1 1/2 years. I have sent back 7 in that time frame and all have been repaired and returned with out question and within 2 weeks from the date they were sent in.

Have Fun

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Allrighty thanks guys.

I do see that they say not to ship the scope in its original box. WOuld that mean that it would be ok to ship it in a Leupold boxconfused grin

C
C
I sent in my Monarch ATB binos in early December -- they still have them. They're supposed to replace them, but apparently they are "out of stock." So, it's a month and counting on replacing my Nikon binos under warranty. Not too good, in my book.

Last edited by cybertext; 01/12/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i got one in a trade from a fellow here and i was haveing issues with the adjustments. sent it in and told them i was not the original owner and they had no problem with it. now i did have a moment of concern with the customer service but got all that straighten out and the scope is listed as "shipped" meaning that it is on it's way back to me. supposenly from the guy i talked to they replaced it with a new scope, i'll let you all know if that is true when it arrives. i expect it tue or wed of next week,here's a link to my post on the customer service issue.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...owflat/Number/2726603/page/1#Post2726603

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like Nikon is getting the service thing together. What concerns me is even the need for it. So far with Loopies I have sent exactly one back in XXXX number of years, yeah I know I don't get out enough. But that's it, one warranty issue only with a couple of dozen scopes and the 4 score years or is that 2 score?

I own exactly one Nikon and the rubber turret ring keeps coming off on a UCC model. So I wonder what Nikons long term track record is?

Also why are there so many Nikon refurbs? Love the optics and cameras but I would just as soon never have to deal with customer service if I can avoid it.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
to be honest Boston, Nikon is the one name i see least posted about haveing waranty work done to them in these forums. this is my first Nikon so i have zero experiance with them before now but i went ahead with the trade that got me this scope because i could not recall the last time i had seen anyone post about haveing to send one in for repairs. on the flip side of it i can't count the times i've seen post about folks getting their leupolds repaired, granted all of the experiances on them turn out great, but they did have to be sent in none the less. i'll be curious to see if they send me a new "Older model " scope as a replacement or a brand new model scope. UPS tracking # indicates i'll find out on Tue afternoon and i'll be sure to post the results here.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 01/16/09.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Probably talking out of my hat or other extremity, only having one Nikon scope.

One thing my old Nikon FM Camera you could drive nails with it and still take pictures. In fact mine looks like it was used for that purpose, the case looks so ratty no one would steal it if I left sitting out in Times Square.

I an wondering what to do with that darn ring that comes off every time I cycle the bolt on the scope though.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,125
Posts18,483,808
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.