Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sassy
What network is Top Chef on? I saw it one time and could never find it again. You all have peaked my interest now I want to see it again.
Bravo.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's on Bravo, mixed with the interior decorating and alternative lifestyle stuff.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sassy
What network is Top Chef on? I saw it one time and could never find it again. You all have peaked my interest now I want to see it again.

You can see the schedule here http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/index.php We usually don't stay up late enough to see it on Wed but instead catch the rerun on the weekend.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys!

Sassy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Has any one watched "chopped" ? I think it's on tonight, same network. I enjoy Iron Chef a lot more than TC.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watch Chopped. It's okay but not one of FN's better shows.

Sassy

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Just finished watching today's installment. Of the three who finished on the bottom, I'm glad it was who it was. I would have been unhappy if either Stephan or Fabio were eliminated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just finished watching today's installment. Of the three who finished on the bottom, I'm glad it was who it was. I would have been unhappy if either Stephan or Fabio were eliminated.

I'll watch these weekend so thanks for not spoiling it. I think Fabio is going to be history before the end but Stephan is a damn competent cook and it wouldn't surprise me if he's one of the last two standing.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pugs

I'll watch these weekend so thanks for not spoiling it. I think Fabio is going to be history before the end but Stephan is a damn competent cook and it wouldn't surprise me if he's one of the last two standing.
Yeah, Stephan is superior as between the two. He will likely win in the end, but my sense is that if you told Fabio to cook whatever he wants, and take as much time as he wants, you'd enjoy his food. He tends to stumble on all the weird restrictions of the contest.

PS Camille Becerra was looking pretty hot.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Between the two. He will likely win in the end, but my sense is that if you told Fabio to cook whatever he wants, and take as much time as he wants, you'd enjoy his food. He tends to stumble on all the weird restrictions of the contest.

This is kind of funny http://camillebecerra.com/ she and her crew were in cheering over the McCain's succession (sic) speech (I'm sure she meant concession) speech while her restaurant burned.

Watched this weeks last night. Not a surprise on who left and I was glad to see Carla do well. As competent as Stephan is, Carla strikes me a a very good improviser and really enjoys creating good food.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Between the two. He will likely win in the end, but my sense is that if you told Fabio to cook whatever he wants, and take as much time as he wants, you'd enjoy his food. He tends to stumble on all the weird restrictions of the contest.

This is kind of funny http://camillebecerra.com/ she and her crew were in cheering over the McCain's succession (sic) speech (I'm sure she meant concession) speech while her restaurant burned.

Watched this weeks last night. Not a surprise on who left and I was glad to see Carla do well. As competent as Stephan is, Carla strikes me a a very good improviser and really enjoys creating good food.
Carla creeps me out. I don't think she's going to win. That lesbo chick might, though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carla creeps me out. I don't think she's going to win. That lesbo chick might, though.

Agreed, no chance she'll win. Stephan is no doubt the odds on favorite (I'm sure Vegas has odds somewhere on that). Although, Leah may well be the sleeper.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Did any of your guys catch the SNL spoof of Top Chef? It was hilarious. Chris Walken was playing one of the contestants. Due to the damned lawyers, you can no longer watch the clip on YouTube, but here's a brief description of it:

"Last weekend's Saturday Night Live, with guest host Christopher Walken, skewered 'Top Chef.' The skit features "Wylie DelMario," a "weird judge-guy who we tell you owns a restaurant somewhere," faux-hawk jokes, and the contestants reinventing a deep-dish pizza using beets, couscous, frozen yogurt, medicine, a paper bag, stale Peeps, and Padma's gum."

Stale Peeps, by the way, are those little yellow candy chicks you get for Easter. It was hilarious, because everyone but Chris Walken was able to do something creative and somehow came up with a deep dish pizza out of it, and Chris Walken just stood there saying things like, "I don't get this. How am I supposed to make a pizza out of this stuff. You need bread, and sauce, and cheese to make a pizza." laugh laugh laugh It had me rolling.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leah may well be the sleeper

Leah is in waaay over her head. She's only made it this far by pure luck and staying in the middle of the pack. I'd wager she will be one of the next two to leave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stetson

Leah is in waaay over her head. She's only made it this far by pure luck and staying in the middle of the pack. I'd wager she will be one of the next two to leave.

Don't disagree but there's a heck of a lot of luck involved. Right dish at right time and often the luck of the draw in partners. I certainly did not expect to see whom I saw on the cut list this last week.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

That's my opinion as well. She's still there primarily by luck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Not a fan of the man.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Well, I just watched tonight's episode. Never would have expected Jamie to lose tonight. I figured it would be Leah for sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The show has become a complete waste. They are keeping Leah around just hoping for more drama with Hosea.
She actually gave up and quit during the quick fire.
She totally screws her dish up and has no idea at all how to fix it.
Jamie cooks her fish right, blows the braised celery but knows exactly what she did wrong.
It was a complete no-brainer that Leah should have been eliminated.
The difference between the difficulty in the dishes was huge. The lobster was simple compared to the dishes that Jamie and Leah had to prepare.
The prize that Stephan won was H U G E !

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1lessdog, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 160user, 58 invisible), 14,728 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,833
Posts18,537,103
Members74,047
Most Online15,570

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.