Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Markh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Not sure were else to post this question. Does anyone have any expeirence with Tentsmiths? I am thinking about buying a large bell back wedge tent from them. I have also looked at Panther but so far I like Tentsmiths. I am not a renactor and this would be for hunting trips where I can set up the tent near the truck and use it as a base area. Any thoughts would be great.

Mark H

GB1

No I haven't dealt with either. Some other canvas tent companies are Colorado tent company, Montana canvas, Reliable tents, Bravo tents, Buckstitch canvas. You might want to look at some of them too. I just ordered a wall tent from reliable, those are the ones I was comparing with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You might be happier with a spike tent. They are roomier and easier to put up than a belled wedge tent. A 12'x12' spike tent with a 5' or 6' wall will seem roomier than even the French double bell wedge. Big belled wedge tents start to get as tall as trees. If you are not going to be in real cold weather any of the Tex-Tex, XL-Tex or Relite fabrics work well and are much lighter than canvas.

[Linked Image]
Montana Canvas 12'x12'x6' Relite Spike tent

A new tent from Reliable Tent is worth looking at as well. The Kodiak.
[Linked Image]
Reliable Kodiak 12'x15'

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have you concidered a Kifaru 8 or 12 man tipi? Much lighter weight in case you decide you would like to carry it farther "back in". My para tipi withstood a storm this year when the local airport measured a 72 mph gust.This gear is built by a hunter for hunters. Check out their hunting message board while you are @ their sight .
Sorry I can't seem to get a hyperlink for you. Any search should tak you there. Here is a blurb from their sight...
Heated Comfort You Can Carry!

The Tipi.
The Native Americans who roamed the great Plains and the valleys of the American West when it was true wilderness knew something most of us have forgotten. Comfort counts. Their mobile homes were somewhat cumbersome heated structures which let them live in comfort as they roamed. Modern backpackers remember the roaming but forget the comfort. If you've ever spent a long night in a cramped backpacking tent trying to warm up a cold sleeping bag, you know what was missing.

Our roomy, comfortable, portable, wood stove-heated Kifaru Tipi presents the modern incarnation of classic design. We've made significant inroads with breakthrough technology provides space, comfort and function not found with conventional micro tents. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer and sturdy enough to withstand gale-force winds (long after most other tents have been flattened)! This is a direct result of the conical shape that lets wind and snow swirl around it, not against it (like a traditional walled tent).
Click here for proof!

Backpackable. All our Tipis and stoves are light and compact enough for backpacking - even our giant 12 Person Tipi shrinks to a manageable size. You get a degree of comfort and convenience previously available only to those who had access to pack animals or motorized transport.

These are the largest and lightest four season shelters we know of, and accommodate up to 12 people, and a mountain of gear. You have full stand-up headroom, space enough to sprawl in comfort and plenty of camaraderie! These Tipis are ideal base camps for any big adventure! Let's cut to the product.

Tipi Series. We offer two styles of fabric.
Standard Tipi
This classic series has been around since about 1988, and has proven to be rugged and tough enough for use in extreme conditions all over the planet - from Antarctica to Mount Everest. Made with rugged ripstop nylon.

Click here for more information on Tipi fabrics.
Ultralight Tipi.
This stellar new series provides all the classic function and utility of our Standard Tipis at about 1 lb. per person.

They utilize a unique fabric found that has proven to be extremely lightweight and puncture proof, and are perfect for those who need square footage, but minimal weight. Without a doubt, the largest, lightest shelters available!

Tipi Sizes. These sizes are available in Standard and Ultralight fabrics.
ParaTarp Emergency Shelter (up to 2 people)
2 Man Tipi (ParaTipi)
4 Man Tipi
8 Man Tipi
12 Man Tipi

Please don't feed the trolls!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.