Print Thread
Hop To
N
NuAg Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I need some help from one of the more experienced (old) guys here since they quit making these before I was born. I bought some guns from a widow down the street and amongst the parts was a dissasembled Model 74. It appears all the parts are there. I cleaned things and went to put it back together but have a couple of questions.

-How does the trigger return spring (its really not a spring but a wire assembly)go in? Does it go over or under the pivot arm for the trigger mechanism as it rests on the magazine tube?

-Any insight into the actual spring in the stock that props up the magazine tube? Does it need to be square with any particular part or will things work OK if it is at an angle to the stock or the magazine tube?

Thanks for any insight you might give me.

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Go to this link,
http://books.google.com/books?id=r_iZfhiNnJUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=The+Gun+Digest+Book+of+Rimfire+Rifles+Assembly/Disassembly#PPA534,M1
It's for Google books. They will let you do a limited search of the Gun Digest Rimfire Assembly/Disassembly book. Go to page 537 and you can see the model 74 there. It worked for me so I hope it works for you.

Tarheel

No people will tamely surrender their Liberties when knowledge is diffusd and virtue is preservd. On the contrary, when people are ignorant, and debauchd in their manners they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of Invaders. Samuel Adams
N
NuAg Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Thanks Tarheel. I missed that when I googled the topic somehow. That was just exactly what I needed. It addressed both questions. I've got the gun back together and hope to shoot it at the range this week. It was clean and looks to be in excellent shape.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,869
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.