Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Vietnam veterans ,

Can any of you guys remember what the big bitch was between 18/19 and 20-year-old draftees, if not let's see if this helps. We are old enough to be drafted into the army or marines and go to war to die for our country , but not old enough to vote.

During my teens if I had a nickel for every time I've heard this statement, it probably would amount to more than the campaign contribution Mr. Do- Gooder (Jimmy Carter) received for pardoning draft dodgers.

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/08/04.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
larry,

Don't like to rain on your parade but Kerry did not get drafted. He enlisted. Whatever the reason you "question the motives" of enlistees, I thought you'd want to know.

And Nixon gave the vote to the 18-year olds.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I already knew Mr Kerry enlisted "volunteer". for service. I'm betting the only other veterans that come out against him is another volunteer. During those times everyone knew who had been drafted or enlisted within one company. If you don't already know there is no discrimination or politics within the rank-and-file in the military. Speaking only for myself as a drafted veteran and taking into consideration Mr Kerry did not to my knowledge make any public protest against the war until after 68 the "Nixon administration Vietnam policy changes" he did not turn his back on or betray his fellow veterans. However, I'm certainly aware that there are enlisted veterans that feel quite the opposite. As veterans their are certainly entitled to make their stand one-way or the other, I've made mind.

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/08/04.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can also add a "D" to President Carter. The one that pardoned the draft dodgers. But crazy larry is still going to vote "D". miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet they're all enlisted

You just lost that bet. miles

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can any of you guys remember what the big bitch was between 18/19 and 20-year-old draftees, if not let's see if this helps. We are old enough to be drafted into the army or marines and go to war to die for our country , but not old enough to vote.
I remember it close to that but with (not old enough to drink). miles

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'd bet they're all enlisted "You just lost that bet. Miles"

If that's the case, these draftees are certainly entitled to support whoever, whatever and whenever they want without giving justification or reason why to any man. And that dam sure applies to free- riders and undesirables like you! LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And just why do you consider me a freerider and a undesirable? miles

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I don't know that you are , but rest ashore as this discussion unfolds it will become visible and why. That especially holds true to the veterans who know what to look for and then it's just a matter of time. LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And that dam sure applies to free- riders and undesirables like you!
"I don't know that you are "
Now you are flip flopping like your buddy kerry. miles

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
"I don't know that you are "
"Now you are flip flopping like your buddy kerry. Miles "

I've never met Mr Kerry nor what I consider him a friend. Mr Kerry and myself have one thing in common, we are both proven our Patriots in the same calls. That in no way means we are in total agreement, what does mean we love our country enough to put ourselves in a position to die for our beliefs. If. Junior Bush was to announce tomorrow he would not be running for his second term and the Republicans decided John McCain would be a better candidate . Mr. McCain would have my support in a heartbeat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also like and admire John McCain but I do not want him for president. He is one of the main players in the last loss of freedom of speech. I think that he is a little bit mentaly unstable. That is probably due to his time as a prisoner of war. At this point in time George Bush is the best that we have to vote for. You are trying to change the subject again and not answer the question that I asked you. miles

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
There's a very strong possibility I once informally met John McCain right after all the POWs had been released. Working as an assistant superintendent , we were building large custom homes about 10 miles west of Potomac Maryland on river road. And one of the just released POWs purchased one of these homes, I've always wondered if it was him. Nevertheless , Sen. John McCain would make an excellent president and is a true national hero. The assertion by you and others that his longtime captivity has somehow affected his excellent good judgment only goes to show not only your level of ignorance but also stupidity.

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/10/04.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HEY LARRY, I'm still waiting for you to answer my question. miles

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Eisenhower got us involved in Viet Nam. He cut a deal in 1954, started sending troops by 1955, the first American soldiers to be killed in combat were in 1959. The involvement started and ended under a Republican, and the whole war was under the guise of fighting Communism.

Today we have a new invisable enemy; terrorism. There are some nasty folks out there, but our own country spreads more terror here in this country than the invisable nasties.

Always did, always will. It's good for politics.

"When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung."

Henry Ward Beecher
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haggis, try backing that up about 10 more years...I can't place my hand on it right now but in one of my history books our inolvement started I think in 1949 and I may be wrong but I think it had something to do with rubber... anybody else out there ever read anything on this???? Haggis I could be completely wrong and if so my bad, okay.

Jim Croce: You don't tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind ...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haggis---"under the guise of fighting communism"??? Are you saying they weren't commies? If not, the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact countries who kept them supplied would probably like their money back. And the commissars who accompanied all platoon size and up units of the NVA to enforce party discipline would probably be shocked. And we should check and see who installed that communist government after we cut and ran. I could have sworn it was the same people we were fighting "under the guise of fighting communism." Were they just militant Democrats?

And the terrorist enemy is not invisible---perhaps if you would review the videotape of a couple of buildings falling a few years ago it would refresh your memory.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After WWII, the US was very anti-colonialism, didn't support the French occupation of Viet Nam, and saw many similarities between the the struggle for independence in VN and the struggle for independence the colonies experienced in 1776. The US initially, although never outright, supported Ho Chi Minh. Needless to say, in the end we went with the French, our wonderful allies of WWII.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I believe for the most part some of you are right there was us troops Southeast Asian when JFK came into office. However, it certainly was no hotspot. To my knowledge when French pulled out, we took over as advisers. The big buildup didn't start until somewhere around 64. My older brothers Marine division of approximately 1700 guys landed there by ship . After their 16 month tour of duty of the approximate 1700 only a little over 300 returned home that had not either been wounded or killed, and those guys were spit on by the protesters. For the most part after the middle 60s, once a returning veteran went back into society was made feel ashamed he had ever served his country in Vietnam by those that did not either support the war or were cowards at heart.

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/11/04.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
"HEY LARRY, I'm still waiting for you to answer my question. Miles "

HEY ASS HOLE , what makes you think you're entitled to answer?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.