Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Hawkeye,

In all fairness, I should tell you that although I do not share your level of paranoia/fear of the government taking my firearms...

I'm not giving them up!

Good man.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tracks
If they come to get me, they will dig me out before I can use up all I have now.
A few aimed rounds will assure the cost of doing so was high grin
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns, it will likely be something like that.

Stop will all that talk, Hunter1960 might cream his shorts thinking about it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kcih, Let me tell you something you silly SOB, i've spent twenty years protecting rights of Americans in conflicts all over this world as a soldier. I've been a member of the NRA for over thirty years.

My job as an LEO is just that a JOB, not a lifestyle, i've quit agencies because i didn't believe in their concepts and policies and will do it again if need be. You paranoid [bleep] think that your in some jhaid against the US Govt.

Wow...you whine all the time about people cursing you and then you post this. I fail to see where either poster cursed you first. Hope you don't curse citizens like this when you pull them over to ticket them for 22 in a 20 zone or if they get in front of you at Krispy Kreme.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It seems that there usually are considerable out-of-stock situations this time of year as vendors likely pared their inventories for year end.

No doubt that all the post-election buying has aggravated the situation.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by kciH
If they come to get me, they will dig me out before I can use up all I have now.
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns, it will likely be something like that.

Stop will all that talk, Hunter1960 might cream his shorts thinking about it.

Kcih, Let me tell you something you silly SOB, i've spent twenty years protecting rights of Americans in conflicts all over this world as a soldier. I've been a member of the NRA for over thirty years.

My job as an LEO is just that a JOB, not a lifestyle, i've quit agencies because i didn't believe in their concepts and policies and will do it again if need be. You paranoid [bleep] think that your in some jhaid against the US Govt.

Wow...you whine all the time about people cursing you and then you post this. I fail to see where either poster cursed you first. Hope you don't curse citizens like this when you pull them over to ticket them for 22 in a 20 zone or if they get in front of you at Krispy Kreme.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
First,who pulled your chain. Secondly, i don't work traffic enforcement, nor do i eat Krispy Kreme. Last but not least, what i say to people on the street is between me and my agency, which is none of your flippen business. If you mind your own business Younger, you'll have more then enough to keep you busy in Kansass!

What are you in this the Govt. is out to get me crew also? Your the last one to talk, how much money are you getting from the USDA for crop subsidies? You sure like the Govt. when the AG money rolls in. Can you truly and honestly state that you've never received any Fed. AG dole from the Govt for anything?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don't some of you tinfoil hatters call and speak to the ammo Co's as to what you perceive to be a shortage, and hear what they have to say. This versus the Oh me! Oh my! the sky is falling.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You should try the Krispy Kreme's. They're a lot better than that Daylight Donuts chit that you're used to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
You should try the Krispy Kreme's. They're a lot better than that Daylight Donuts chit that you're used to.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oh well don't have a donut shop in this county, fried pies are better.

Why don't you answer my Govt. AG dole question in the previous post???

Many folks in your profession are no different then welfare receipents, if things don't go their way or if the weather is bad, they cry to Uncle Sugar for a handout of one sort or another.

It's funny i see farms that never make crap, families have been living on milk or crop subsidies ever since they were started. The Minnenites come in and buy the place and create a profitable farm, without Govt. handouts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slimwallet
Gents,

As has been said, some of the ammo shortage may be related the general fear that may have regarding crime. I live in a suburb outside a major western city. My shooting buddy was at a dinner last Saturday night and the county sheriff was there. The sheriff reported that his deputies were having their hands full running off "inner city youth" who were coming out the city and performing burglaries in the county burbs. A few muggings but not too many yet. He apparently came right out and told folks to get their CC permits and start packing as his deputies were having trouble keeping up. It seems the deputies try to spot the "out of place" vehicles and follow them.... looking to pull them over for something...most of the time they just go someplace else which is what he wants.

Had a lady's car "bumped" at a traffic light....early morning...still dark... she pulls over thinking she has just been involved in a fender bender.... guy walks up with a gun... takes the lady's purse and cell phone...and takes off.

I guess the Sheriff also stated that he expected a federal ban on new CC permints and that the ammo tax is coming. My kind of sheriff. He said many folks are buying guns, getting permits and stocking up. Makes sense to me.

Slim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Sheriff is well aware of the escalating crime, but sadly due to budget constraints, he may not be able to increase his personnel to deal with it. The economy has trickle down effects upon the budgets of your local public safety at times.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's some good reading right there. Especially the part about what good is a handgun against an army. Thanks for posting it.

Damn right, excellent article!

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Putting your money in non-perishable tangibles, that you know you will eventually need, is a smart move in a pre-inflationary period like we are probably in now.

Seen how the money supply has expanded this year? Take a look at Fed & Treasury Total Money (FTTM): http://www.nowandfutures.com/key_stats.html

That's going to shrink any cash you're holding onto, sooner or later, maybe in a big way. It won't shrink things made of brass and powder.

The church is near, but the roads are icy. The pub is far away, but I will walk carefully.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think it's a great idea on the Arms and Ammunition manufacurer's part to use everyones paranoia to pump up sales when the economy starts putting a stain on profit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife worked with a Mennonite years ago at a grain elevator. He was a real assshole. You had to feel sorry for the guy to an extent though. He had to beg his wife to sew pockets on his home-made jeans as the material was so precious to them they felt it a sin to waste it that way.

Two points...first, things are not always as they seem with certain ones in religions/sects of that sort. (I am in no way saying all Mennonites are asssholes. Some are some fine people.) Second, you would not want to live the way Mennonites, Shakers, German Baptists, Amish, etc. live. It's a hard life and it is no wonder they can farm profitably.

Yet a third point that I just thought of is that they are a good case against corporate farms and huge farms in general. The latter two have been touted for years as the only way to stay in farming.

As to your comments about government payments, indeed there are many in my profession who are as bad as you say. In fact, they are worse because unlike people in the ghetto they drive new cars, have combines that run more than your net worth, etc.

As to me personally, I don't have to answer any of your questions and I didn't have to answer any of the above. In fact, I can even tell you to go [bleep] yourself and there's not a dammed thing you can do about it. I could even tell you to eat chit and KMA if I so desired. The thing is, I am a polite sort, so I didn't do any of those things. I'll quit taking government subsidies when the government leaves the market itself alone and quits messing with it to support those who are the poorest farmers in the name of the family farm, but actually, to help big business.

Now, the difference between you and I my "friend", is that I am not on here harping on my "service" and how much good I do the community, day-after-day. It has just come up in a few posts over the years. You talk about either your job as poleece or your special ops experience in nearly every thread. And your tenor is that anybody who has not done the same as you should kiss your asss for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns. It will likely be something like that.

You forgot the Apache Attack Helicopters. But I agree with you.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Give me a break about the swat team / military raids against the populace. That only works when the people being raided are small isolated groups. If you know how to handle that for a large and resistant general populace, our military would like your advice in Afghanistan....

The government could never afford to do such raids from a fiscal standpoint, much less a PR standpoint. The first deaths on either side that didn't involve some looney cult group would blow up in the government's face, and they know it.

The church is near, but the roads are icy. The pub is far away, but I will walk carefully.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve of AR
The government could never afford to do such raids from a fiscal standpoint, much less a PR standpoint. The first deaths on either side that didn't involve some looney cult group would blow up in the government's face, and they know it.
The proof that you're wrong is that it happens all the time and the public doesn't blink an eye.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Confiscation of all guns from general populace, resulting in shootouts with the military and swat teams, happens on a regular basis? I must have missed that.

I thought we weren't talking about isolated events with local authorities, or even isolated BATF or FBI bad behavior, but a general confiscation / SHTF scenario.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Confiscation of all guns from general populace, resulting in shootouts with the military and swat teams, happens on a regular basis? I must have missed that.

I thought we weren't talking about isolated events with local authorities, or even isolated BATF or FBI bad behavior, but a general confiscation / SHTF scenario.
You said
The first deaths on either side that didn't involve some looney cult group would blow up in the government's face, and they know it.
This happens regularly to non-loonies. I missed where it blew up in the government's face.

PS To a certain extent, a looney is whoever the government announces is a looney.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hawkeye thinks that if it happens once, it's happening all over the country, on a daily basis as part of a general Govt. conspiracy. He burrows up in his residence and takes in whatever the internet throws out as the truth. The paranoia and fear that he suffers is terrible, what a way to live just the dog and himself.

He doesn't understand such things as weapon confiscation due to criminal activity such a domestic violence and other crimes. He hasn't seen the cases of wives who've reported and signed warrants stating that their husbands have threatened them with or without weapons.

After service of the warrant, the wife states that she wants the weapons out of the house due to her fear of the husband bonding out and coming back and killing her. Guess what fella's in most states those guns belong to the wife as much as they do to you. Has LE collected guns, yes we have. Has LE banded and chained safes at the wifes request, yes we have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are complaining about people buying too much ammo...I love it. In 4-8 years we'll be talking about right now as being the time when ammo was cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWgVrM3qGQM

Even the main stream media is beginning to notice.

I'm sure if you buy .30-06 or other such ammo availability is no problem at all right now. Try finding good quality 5.56 ammo. You can find it in small quanitites if you want to pay twice what it was 6 months ago.

Let's not forget someone might shoot a big bore 50 times a year. I can burn thru 500 rounds or more in an afternoon of 5.56/.223 it doesn't last long.

Thankfully I'm prepared and could go probably 10 years without buying ammo if I had to.

I don't believe they'll ever come get your guns/ammo. I do believe eventually it just becomes such a hassle that lots of people will stop.

When Obama talks about closing the "gunshow loophole" what he means is selling from one citizen to another without a FFL involved...that's a good start right there.

It's like fully auto weapons are still legal in this country it's just become such a hassle and mess to get one and pay the tax stamp hardly anyone does it anymore.

You think republicans are going to make this an issue? Really?

The republican party got a new head today..isn't he the one that said only hunters need guns. Way to stand for the constituion.

Last edited by NathanL; 01/30/09.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you do take Govt. farm subsidy's laugh laugh In the big picture that's really no different then a project ni**er. You can make excuses as to why you take the money, but it's still an excuse.

You don't have to take the checks, the USPS runs both ways, put return to sender on it and don't apply for the subsidies in the future. You don't get the money unless you APPLY. But you won't because you count on those Uncle Sugar checks to keep you up. If you can't make it without Govt. support then sell out.

Don't make the citizens of this country keep your azz up. And you call yourself a conservative and a Republican, maybe not a Republican, but a conservative. Your really truly no different then a liberal Democrat, waiting for their next Govt. support check. You better hope Obamy appoints a good Sec. of Ag. to keep the checks rolling in.

So i am paying you money, because you might be a piss poor manager and have to have the biggest and the best. This along with Uncle Sugar bailing you out of trouble everytime you [bleep] up. It's no wonder that the Mennenites or whatever, can buy these farms that i see for sale in this county and make a profit, without Uncle Sugar wiping their azz.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, Amos63, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.