-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I know what some are going to say it is the new Pres, but I just got new catalogs from DPMS and RRA and the price is still the same for me to order them if there were any. I see lots of folks trying to sell them for a killing price. Maybe I missed out on the hoopla but I think it will pass and prices will come back where they should be. But I can order for way less but it will take awhile to get one but I will wait before I spend the extra 300-400 that seem people are wanting. And this is for used stuff. Hell just ordered a RRA and it was $850 for a varmint 223. This is not a decked out but a stainless bull barrel with fluting. Sure seems like folks are getting way out of line and in a big hurry to get one. I think the market will soften. HAPPY HUNTING

HR IC

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Of course it's the new regime.

Unencumbered Democrat power . . . . people are afraid by the time their order goes through a new ban may be in place. Others are willing to pay more for a FTF deal with no paperwork.

You get the government you vote for, and there's lots of signs that there are good reasons to be afraid of this one.

The Democrats are in the process of moving forty years of wet-dream spending projects forward, and you can bet their anti-gun agenda will come to the forefront when the economic dust settles a bit.

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's gouging, pure and simple. I stopped in at the third largest sporting retailer (after Cabela's and Bass Pro) in the state this week and they had new AR's in stock at less than suggested retail.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
From what I hear RRA is over 60,000 units back ordered.... Might be a long wait.... and who know what will happen in the mean time...

Last edited by Sako; 01/30/09.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ruger243223
I know what some are going to say it is the new Pres, but I just got new catalogs from DPMS and RRA and the price is still the same for me to order them if there were any. I see lots of folks trying to sell them for a killing price. Maybe I missed out on the hoopla but I think it will pass and prices will come back where they should be. But I can order for way less but it will take awhile to get one but I will wait before I spend the extra 300-400 that seem people are wanting. And this is for used stuff. Hell just ordered a RRA and it was $850 for a varmint 223. This is not a decked out but a stainless bull barrel with fluting. Sure seems like folks are getting way out of line and in a big hurry to get one. I think the market will soften. HAPPY HUNTING

I ordered one last June...no word yet.
Good luck,
g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Our distributors are telling us that they're not taking special orders from our gun shop. It't the typical supply and demand stuff. Good thing that gas prices came down along with the lower crude prices....oh, wait a minute, they're still going up.

Bob257
7mm fan!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
A co-worker ordered a Rock River with a surefire forearm and light in July last year and got the rifle last week. I bought a DPMS LR308 in November and it was the last one that my local dealer has had in his shop since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The catalog has the same price and I'm sure you can order one for that price....if you want to wait 9 months to get it.

I picked up a NIB RRA tactical entry the week before the election by chance. Walked into a gun shop I never go into and they had it. Only AR they had and I took it home that day. I could turn around and sell it now for 1.5 what I paid for it.

There are only 4 companies that do the 80% lowers before they ship them off to everyone else to finish. You can only make so many lowers so fast.

Same thing with mags. I bought a crapload of mags last year. Then I bought some more about a week before the election when I bought the new RRA from 44mags.com right after I got them the prices started going up and then the wait list started.

Otto is my co-pilot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The new pres is on record that he intends to reenact the Assault Weapon ban and make it permanent. Many are thinking he will grandfather in whats already out there, but there is no guarantee of this. What would be awful and pxss a lot of folks off is after they bought 10 AR-15's for the "investment" and then the order came down "turn them in or go to jail"...another economic disaster for those that bought them on credit...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
With demand this high you've got your choice, either obscene markup or empty shelves and months long waiting lists.

Or both, the more scrupulous makers who aren't profiteering off Zero finally get a batch in and sell out in minutes.. and 15 minutes later the internet commandos who bought them are hawking them on arfcom at a 50% markup.

The decent thing to do would be mark up to market price to actually keep guns in stock.. and send that markup to the NRA so you can stay in business next year.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aspade
With demand this high you've got your choice, either obscene markup or empty shelves and months long waiting lists.

Or both, the more scrupulous makers who aren't profiteering off Zero finally get a batch in and sell out in minutes.. and 15 minutes later the internet commandos who bought them are hawking them on arfcom at a 50% markup.

The decent thing to do would be mark up to market price to actually keep guns in stock.. and send that markup to the NRA so you can stay in business next year.

Giving money to the NRA is like flushing it down the toilet without the cool sound effects.

The NRA is no different than any other lobbying group. They've evolved into trying to keep themselves important. They're the 800 pound gorilla in the room that if someone else had the same idea would get more ground faster just because it doesn't bring the baggage of the NRA. There's a reason in the Heller case the NRA was asked to stay out.

I guess in the early 80's those who sold machine guns could have donated heavily to the NRA...how well did that work out for them?

Otto is my co-pilot.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by NathanL

Giving money to the NRA is like flushing it down the toilet without the cool sound effects.

The NRA is no different than any other lobbying group. They've evolved into trying to keep themselves important. They're the 800 pound gorilla in the room that if someone else had the same idea would get more ground faster just because it doesn't bring the baggage of the NRA. There's a reason in the Heller case the NRA was asked to stay out.

I guess in the early 80's those who sold machine guns could have donated heavily to the NRA...how well did that work out for them?

While the NRA isn't perfect, the NRA is the biggest pro-gun lobby out there and the antis do not like them. They have helped to defeat anti-gun candidates/legislation in the past. If you don't support the NRA, who do you support to protect your gun rights? Or do you sit back and complain and wait for others to do the work and pay the bills while you reap the benefits? MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I can understand the higher price now because of the increased demand but what really gets me is why they were so high to begin with. I mean seriously they are forged and stamped parts with plastic stocks. Why on Earth do they cost $1,000? For way less than that you can get a nice machined steel receiver, a good quality blue job, and a walnut stock that needed to be cut down, cured, shaped, checkered, inletted, and finished.

Don't get me wrong as I like the AR's and have a couple but I still can't see where they come up with the price.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last the I heard the wait time for certain lower receivers is getting close to 6 months, maybe I'm wrong. I do know most places are backordered on the most mundane of things AR for 2-3 months. Obama never thought his election would've provided this type of economic stimulus, I am sure.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
You need to take a look at HR 45 which was introduced on 01/15 in the US House. If passed, it will require a Federally issued license to buy, sell or possess any handgun or any semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine (as in Ruger 10-22, Remington 7600, Winchester Model 100, etc). And if you go to AmmunitionAccountability.com you will see why the ammo is flying off of the shelves in all of the stores.

We all need to call our legislators and express opinions, and call repeatedly. This situation is not going to go away any time soon.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

SD Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Supply and demand!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Originally Posted by NathanL

While the NRA isn't perfect, the NRA is the biggest pro-gun lobby out there and the antis do not like them. They have helped to defeat anti-gun candidates/legislation in the past. If you don't support the NRA, who do you support to protect your gun rights? Or do you sit back and complain and wait for others to do the work and pay the bills while you reap the benefits? MI VHNTR

My money goes to The Second Amendment Foundation

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.