-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2AF and JPFO also threw their hats in the ring on Heller, that was a great thing they did, Heck, I wouldn't mind giving more if only the NRA would also take on lesser profile issues. Hey, they are doing great things in California too, but when our State shooting association went to them over Denver's anti-CCW policies, the NRA did not do anything, didn't even offer a lwyer for consultation. In my eyes, that is what we give money to the NRA for, help in State issues, not just Federal issues, heck, they really aren't even pushing the National Concealed Carry issue, but 2af is. LEs

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The NRA ran a deficit of $21.6 million in 1993 and $2.8 million in 1994; then in 1995 had to pay 10 million for an audit Clinton ordered.

Sounds to me like they spent a hell of bunch fighting Clinton. What will they spend fighting this bunch of weasels?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The original question is a very good one. It always annoys me no end to have them waste money trying to get me to renew my membership early. I will faithfully renew when it is time to do so. (I realize that not being a Life Member, I probably fall into the category of slackard at best, but an annual membership is what works best for me.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NRA negatively impacted me recently in a bad way... Mark Begich just won a narrow vote to take Ted Stevens' seat in the Senate. Begich, as mayor of Anchorage signed on with Bloomberg, then recanted... Because he had no national voting record NRA gave him an AQ rating. He must have thought it important because he noted it in every ad he ran.

If people rely on the NRA for voting guidance and relied on the AQ rating they got screwed.

Juaquin Jackson was the board member spouting the BS about no one needing more than a 5-round capacity in any firearm. Last I checked he is still on the board. My complaint produced a disgusting response that did not include either an "I'm sorry" or at least "I made a mistake."

Their non-support of Heller... Asked not to get involved? They actively fought against using Heller!

I used to think far higher of them. I have been Life since '77 and a couple steps up for quite a few years. Right now they are on my feces list and will remain there at least until they do a few things right. J Jackson has to go, first.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Why doesn't the Big Firearm industry get more involved? They could throw in a one year membership to the NRA for every firearm purchase at no cost to the buyer. Then see how much the membership would grow! Think about it when people stop buying guns, you will start seeing RUGER,REMINGTON,WINCHESTER and many more, running to WA asking for a BAIL-OUT.

Last edited by HOGBUSTER; 02/04/09.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I contribute one-twice a year to NRA, NRA/ILA, and the 2AF, but I do get really tired of the solicitation phone calls and at least 3-4 mail requests from any or all of them a month. But it is all we have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been a member for quite a long time, and I back them up because they are the only game in town right now....HOWEVER, I do not like being hounded by their constant asking for "more money" and "renew" your membership, years ahead of time!!! If I want to give a donation, I WILL.....but when I WANT TO.......

"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." Ten Bears
NRA Benefactor LIfe Member
USCG Veteran
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WesJ
I contribute one-twice a year to NRA, NRA/ILA, and the 2AF, but I do get really tired of the solicitation phone calls and at least 3-4 mail requests from any or all of them a month. But it is all we have.

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at membershipnrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

https://www.nramemberservices.org/faq.asp

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have not bought a new firearm in a while; but I remember getting an NRA membership form, inside the box with the rifle or pistol.

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am fairly active in Ducks Unlimited. In conversations with our regional director I have learned that DU has done studies on what entices people to banquets. Number of guns, quality of guns, the meal etc. You would think the NRA has access to the same type of people to do the studies of how people donate and why.

There are other groups out there that work hard and most have been mentioned here. Maybe if we helped them out more and the NRA less - we wouldn't have the single choice as the "largest group fighting" bigger isn't always better.

Me

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are other groups out there that work hard and most have been mentioned here. Maybe if we helped them out more and the NRA less - we wouldn't have the single choice as the "largest group fighting" bigger isn't always better.

Divide and conquer.

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is only divide and conquer if you fall out of the NRA ranks and don't go somewhere else.

Odd all these people here bitching about the 2 party system of govt and how the republicans need to be taught a lesson and how we need something new, all saying you can't disagree with the NRA or support something else.

Support the hell out of the GOA or something and make them the 800 lb gorilla. Ain't healthy to have all the eggs in one basket.

Me

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Iv been a NRA member since the early 80s Shoulda bought a LIFETIME Membership. But $ was tight! I pay dues annually! I have purchased a great number of new firearms and never had a one year membership offered from any firearm MFG. Not saying they didn't do it at one time or another. But face it! How much would a one year membership to the NRA cut into their profit margin on one firearm sale? It probably would go a long way towards keeping Firearm mfg's assembly lines running and the 2nd admendant strong.
Just my thoughts!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal
It is only divide and conquer if you fall out of the NRA ranks and don't go somewhere else.

Odd all these people here bitching about the 2 party system of govt and how the republicans need to be taught a lesson and how we need something new, all saying you can't disagree with the NRA or support something else.

Support the hell out of the GOA or something and make them the 800 lb gorilla. Ain't healthy to have all the eggs in one basket.

80 million firearm owners and even non firearm owners that respect the 2nd A Join together and get that third party. Rearrange those seats in the house and senate . Put a big wedge in there that listens to its constituents and gets stuff done right . Probably draw a few votes from both sides of the isles when common sense stands up to be counted .
Ya I know , I'm dreamin ' . But 60 - 80 -100 million folks on the same page ...

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
What would entice you to contribute more to the NRA for pro gun lobbying efforts. Less solicitation, more soliciation,a method to donate where the donors identity is unknown. Would you be more likely to donate if included in their request was a financial report showing executives salaries and expenses. Are their other pro gun lobbying groups that are spending wisely.

I've zero issue with methods used by the NRA to solicit monies from me. Easy enough to round file any stuff I'm not interested in. Also easy to give a bit when I choose.

NRA is the best gig we have to represent us imo. Support them. I could care less what their financials and the other stuff you mention look like. Non-issue.

GOA
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Anyone know where you can get a NRA financial report, showing a breakdown on how the money is spent. Salary information &etc. G.W.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i have seen the enemyu and he is us! sleep sleep sleep

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men always stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by M1894
And yes there are others that are putting their money where their mouth is . One is GOA defending that guy that loaned a rifle that malfunctioned and got the shaft for transferring a full auto .

Great job defending him, he's in the federal pen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Anyone know where you can get a NRA financial report, showing a breakdown on how the money is spent. Salary information &etc. G.W.

Call the NRA?

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Watch4bear, that's not likely to happen anytime soon, the House still has a pro second amendment majority. Granted, the number of pro second amendemnt members is now smaller than it was last year but it is still a majority. The only way I see gun control legislation getting passed is if Obama decides to make it an issue, if so he will need to put some major political pressure on pro second amendment Democrats like Clinton did with the AWB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA66glWvZhs&annotation_id=annotation_760776&feature=iv

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 270wsmnutt, 59 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,686
Posts18,534,471
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.