Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
......those suckers went a LONG ways. I was really lucky to find the guy in the picture below (taken back at my house).

Man, I wish I could get my kills to do that! Just meet me back at the house. That would save me a LOT of effort !!!

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha!

That deer about killed ME. My worst drag ever. It's slippery clay soil there, everything was wet, I had to get him down one hill, up another, then down again, across a fence which was a PITA, sideways a while, down a ridge, then uphill about a mile in the old road. It was brutal. I cannot believe that buck lacked the common decency to fall down and DIE where I shot him!!!

It was sort if a miracle I found him at all. His death-dive was into some little Xmas-tree size firs. If he'd made it another couple feet, no way.

It was the least-impressive wound channel I've seen... Dunno what happened there....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Oregon? Washington? Canada?

Huntr... for Pete's sake... I would be perfectly happy loading it up with any decent bullet and going hunting, OK? I just want to talk 7-08 a little, in particular about the 120 BT. If that doesn't work for you, I DON'T CARE! BUTT OUT IF IT'S NOT FOR YOU!

Don't think I was speaking to you.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Huntr, I took it as a poke at me- as if I need 22 pages on an Internet forum to choose a bullet, etc.

My apologies if that was not your intent. I got attacked pretty good on this thread, my blood was running a little hot.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've killed 8 or 9 deer now with the 120BT and 45 grains varget, all died real fast or dropped on the spot, none went over 50 yards, all high shoulder or behind the shoulder type shots,, have recovered 3 bullets just jackets, rest were pass throughs,,, have also shot a couple of yotes with it,,,, they died as well

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Hell people kill a lot of deer with 223, 22-250, etc. with bullets a lot lighter than 120 grains, There would be no drama just useing logic, now would there.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Over 200 replies? You've got to be kidding. No way will a 7-08 be adequate for deer, and the accubombs are absolute no-killing dog-crap bullets. Don't be a retard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Over 200 replies? You've got to be kidding. No way will a 7-08 be adequate for deer, and the accubombs are absolute no-killing dog-crap bullets. Don't be a retard.

grin

OK, tard... put up this years chitty bull killed with the chitty 7-08...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
IIRC, Greenhorn you used a 7-08 identical to mine (M700 MR LSS) to kill a couple big deer this year. I've killed 6-7 deer with 7-08; I have no doubt about the caliber. Curious about bullets though, cause I'm gonna try something different... What did you use this last year in your 7-08?

BTW, this thread is about 40 "real" posts and the rest is a bunch of [bleep] from the likes of SH, castandblast, jwp475, etc. Sorry they screwed it up and made it so unreadable. I agree, it's a piece if crap thread at this point.

I was shooting some of the 120 BT's out to 500 yards today... Fun.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Since an arrow can cleanly take down about any animal, I'm confused on the endless banter on the "performance" of various slugs on game fired out of high-powered rifles... especially deer.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Since an arrow can cleanly take down about any animal, I'm confused on the endless banter on the "performance" of various slugs on game fired out of high-powered rifles... especially deer.

No kiddin'.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Agreed, which is why I laugh when someone insists I need a tsx fir deer.

That said, two points to make.

Point one. I seriously doubt you are killing your impressive critters with some random bullet. You've thought this stuff through. <grin>

Point two. There's a thread going right now where a guy is reporting what he percieves as a massive failure (to FMJ, apparantly) of Accubonds on DEER.

I humbly submit that it's worth talking about bullets for deer hunting. It's January, what ELSE we gonna do on a hunting forum?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Agreed, a NON-TSX bullet fired from a 325 Wizzum up a deer's ass makes me laugh.

What a tool

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Agreed, which is why I laugh when someone insists I need a tsx fir deer.

That said, two points to make.

Point one. I seriously doubt you are killing your impressive critters with some random bullet. You've thought this stuff through. <grin>

Point two. There's a thread going right now where a guy is reporting what he percieves as a massive failure (to FMJ, apparantly) of Accubonds on DEER.

I humbly submit that it's worth talking about bullets for deer hunting. It's January, what ELSE we gonna do on a hunting forum?

Lots of Deer killed with a 223 & 22-250 not much thought required just accurate shooting.

Entrance

[Linked Image]

Exit

[[Linked Image]

Bullet used SMK . Only as hard as you want it to be.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Amazing. 12 pages on this thread -- and still counting. What the hell, go with the 120 BT, a middling charge of Rl 15, Win. primers, Remington cases and 30mg of Prozac.

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
E
E
7mm-o8 is my favorite deer cartridge these days. I also use the 7x57 a lot. In both I use exclusively 120 grain bullets, but so far only the TSX. I've never recovered a bullet, they just go right on through, leaving big exit wounds. I'll be watching this thread as I'm curious to hear about some other 120 gr options, too.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Evan E,

There is some decent discussion of that on this thread already, but you'll have to wade through miles of crapola from the likes of Steelhead, JWP475, castandblast, etc. They did their best to ruin it and I'd have to say they succeeded. The straw man they threw up was to the effect of, "of course a 120-gn bullet from a 7-08 will kill a deer, you idiot!" which wasn't the question at ALL, but that doesn't matter to those guys.

ANYWAY, my advice to you sir would be to start a thread about 120-gn bullets from a 7mm-08 if you really want to get a more level-headed thread going. The above guys follow me around and try to ruin anything I post; they are much less likely to do that with you.

Welcome to the Jungle.... er, Campfire! :-)

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep jeffy - it's allll about you.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ranchette,

This thread would not have been trashed if it'd been started by someone else. Go read the first few pages- it's a mess, and has NOTHING to do with 7mm-08 and everything to do with a few guys getting their rocks off being azzholes.

Whatever. I don't care anymore.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Round and round

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,659
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.