Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
More than anything they don't want to be the next one slapped!

I have such high hopes!

When Schumer, Durbin, Kerry, Feinstein etc., or NPR, ABC, the NYT start there partisan Pelosi (BS), that she will issue sharp, stinging corrections.

Jeff
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That pelosi being = to BS thing is going to catch on, isn't it?

smile I like it!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yup, they know she has what it takes to make a run. I'll be behind her. She has been so successful so fast, its quite an eye opener. Months after the election she is still getting excoriated, which is really not bad for her political future.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
grin

It sooooo fits!

Jeff
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by let_me_in
Krauthammer's article

I'm confused on that one.

uh, the article that started this post?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What am I not getting? Is Yuval Levin not the author?

Jeff
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
just sayin...

About the Author

Yuval Levin is a fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center and the author of Imagining the Future: Science and American Democracy (Encounter).

Jeff
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
jeez, I'm sorry. I was bouncing back and forth between this thread and the Krauthammer article thread and forgot where I was.

need more coffee. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The best thing the GOP can do is boycott ABC CBS NBC and CNN. No advertising, no interviews, just hit them in the pocketbook. Use the internet and public speaking to the fullest. I would pretend from this day forward that they don't exist. Watch Couric interview Biden and compare it to the Palin interview. She was all over Biden like she wanted to bear his children and in some instances answering the questions for him.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
man, have they been keeping Biden shot full of Thorazine in a strait-jacket somewhere? he's been invisible.....he'll pop up with some asinine statement and then disappear again.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Especially when he screwed up the swearing in of Hillary, even with it written down in front of him.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I wonder how much less comment (pro and con) Governor Palin would inspire if she weren't beautiful.

I think there is quite a bit to that. Those on the left who were blessed with the beauty of a Janet Reno could not help but react negatively. The 'threat' was instantly locked on their radar.My wife was thrilled. We finally had someone preaching conservatism who looked good to boot.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe so....I mean, Jeanne Kirkpatrick would have made a great president, but she looked a lot more like Janet Reno than Sarah Palin.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is an outstanding article. I think it quite accurate too.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I wonder how much less comment (pro and con) Governor Palin would inspire if she weren't beautiful.

Balance in all things

Palin/Coulter 2012

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get a kick out of how many folks think how bad/good palin is cuz they read a report or an article, etc.

Most of you didnt know squat about her until she was picked as VP nominee.

She ran a much stronger campaign for Gov than as she did for Veep, mccain really held her hands and not to mention the media....jesus, they were scared of her.

shes not perfect and I dont agree with her all the time, but I would take her anyday of the week and twice on weekends for what we have now in office.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Was Sarah Palin out of her league last year? Yes...But, as Winston Churchill said of someone calling him a drunk, "tommorow I'll be sober, you'll always be ugly".

Sarah Palin was a minor factor in the election. Barack Obama could have put her on HIS ticket and still won the election.

Gov. Palin will be elected to national office from Alaska. Let her matriculate her career. She will run for President when she is ready. Not in 2012. In 2016 or 2020. And probably win...

just my opinion... idahoguy101

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes palin was small in the grand scheme of things, dont tell the MSM that, they are still afraid of her.

As for being ready for pres, Obama wasnt and still isnt ready either. just about all of his cabinet was under contraversy. he still cant get his spending bill right. I hope the messiah get his [bleep] squared away pretty dang fast cuz, unfortunately, hes our guy.

He better learn his presidency 101 pretty fast, but with his ego, I cant see that one happening.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Joel/AK

I think we're one the page regarding Pres. Obama. I read the election of Pres. Obama as a reaction against Washington in general, and particularly the Bush presidency. I don't think he originally expected to be elected in 2008. But he caught the wave at the right time. He was the anti-Clinton in the Democratic party and the anti-Bush in the general election.

All this leaves Obama without a strong base of own. So he is trying to use the Clinton's base. But like everyone associated with the Clinton's he is being ethically slimed by taking in them and their associates. Big mistake by Obama.

As for the stimulus spending Bill Obama it is been used the left wing House to reward their supporters. His best choice would be to veto it in current form and cut a deal with the Republicans and flyover country Democrats for a new bill. I have no idea if he will. If he wants to move to the political center he had best show a willingness to push the left wing of his party under a bus. Otherwise he will effectively cede legislative leadership to Nancy Pelosi. Then if the Republicans can get their act together for 2012 he will be out of office. Just my opinion...

idahoguy101

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

..... The MSM hates her. They fear her. The liberl left hates her, they fear her, too. She's got an inner strength that literally scares the hell out of them. She has no bone piles in her closet. Her closet door is wide open and always will be. They hate that with a passion.

More than anything they don't want to be the next one slapped!*

*Well then dammit ....."Live and let live ...... !"

'Course the frikkin' MSM and libb-turds hate the "idea of that" too!

BTW Steve, thanks for the thread, and particularly for the link to that article.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.