Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
� do you regret it yet?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ken,

Kind of funny how the Obama supporters have been so quiet lately. Makes one wonder a bit!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
We can only hope they have the awareness and conscious to say "yes".

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"I won," he says, as if the majority of the electorate endorsed his policies.

How many of those who voted for him voted for his policies?

Not many, I betcha.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Isaac emailed me a very interesting video clip regarding this. I forwarded it to Les and asked him to post it on in this forum.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I doubt a majority of those that voted for him, can even tell you his policies.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I doubt a majority of those that voted for him, can even tell you his policies"

They certainly couldn't up to time of election. Still uncertain...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was at a nephew's birthday party last night and a bunch of folks were bashing Phelps for screwing up his career with the bong pictures this week.

I just looked at them and said, "You're bashing a college kid for taking a hit right after the American people elected somebody president who was STUPID enough to write in his autobiography about how he got through college only by the use of booze, weed and cocaine? Does anybody see the stupidity here?"

Total silence.. The sheeples are still asleep.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Who expects libiots to be logical?

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or as Lenin called them "useful idiots"!

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Most Obama supporters are not going to regret voting for him! The game is over for them. 50% of his voters do not even watch the news or even care what happens politically. All his winning was just a reason to dance like idiots for a night and embarrass themselves. The campaign was like a movie, or a basketball game to some americans!! As for me...... I wanted Huckabee.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I voted for Obama. No, I'm not "a liberal". He was the better of the two tickets and not by a little.

If you are a social conservative or single issue voter (guns, abortion, etc), then you will disagree with me, perhaps violently <g>. I'm not a single-issue voter. I voted for who I thought was the better candidate for the times, overall. McCain is a good man but he's old, rigid if not calicified mentally, and didn't give the impression that he even wanted to win- especially at the end there. His decision making is suspect, as witnessed by choosing Palin for... for... uh... her gender and rabid social conservatism, maybe? Maybe? Not much else there.

Obama is doing fine so far, not that there's much "good" to be done. He's interfacing with Congress, listening, and trying to project calm (which McCain was TERRIBLE at). Let's face it- he's [bleep] just like McCain would have been. The economy is a MESS and it's not his doing, and there's no magic wand to wave to fix it. Let us not forget who our fearless leader was for the 8 years prior, and who gave away a trillion dollars to THE WRONG PEOPLE (if there even are "right people" for such stupidity) on his way out the door.

You want to tell me that Republicans are fiscal conservatives, warn me first so I don't blow beer out my nose, OK?

If McCain had won, we'd be going down the same path we are going down now- right? Can we all admit that? We'd all be complaining about the stupid McCain economic stimulus package. he'd be drawing down the war in Iraq over the next 4 years. The rhetoric might be different, but the results would be more or less the same.

As to Obama partying in college... give me a BREAK... who DIDN'T!? George W. Bush snorted coke, smoked pot, and drank like a fish... yet we all voted for HIM.

I know posting this won't endear me to some of you. Oh well. Hopefully you'll at least have some respect for the fact that I ain't gonna lie to you or pretend to be something I'm not. I'm a hippie redneck <g>, live out in the woods, got my guns and trucks and chain saws, but I also got my guitars, mountain bikes, and skiis...damned if I will close my mind and just swallow what the RNC or DNC is putting out. I'll use my own head and decide on the candidates on a case-by-case basis.

Respectfully,

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you did too many drugs.............

Cancer Sucks
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Gawd you're an idiot.

[Linked Image]

R
RJD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I believe McCluckity took a dive, I voted for the Republican party as usual. I just hope we have a better canadate running on the Republican ticket in four years.

Everytime history repeats itself it gets more expensive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just don't forget, we had TWO PEOPLE to choose from. It wasn't Obama versus some mythical wonderful Republican who was God's gift to America... it was Obama against McCain. I would not have voted for Obama if there's been a viable other choice.

I'm out of here. I can see where this is going. No point hanging around getting abused... grin...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ain't no one crying over the departure - don't kid yourself.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff, I understand your distaste for McCain.

But what in the hell gave you the idea Obama was viable?
I'd rather the damn white house be empty,

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Jeff, I understand your distaste for McCain.

But what in the hell gave you the idea Obama was viable?
I'd rather the damn white house be empty,

I have to agree! sick

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I voted for Obama. No, I'm not "a liberal". He was the better of the two tickets and not by a little.

If you are a social conservative or single issue voter (guns, abortion, etc), then you will disagree with me, perhaps violently <g>. I'm not a single-issue voter. I voted for who I thought was the better candidate for the times, overall. McCain is a good man but he's old, rigid if not calicified mentally, and didn't give the impression that he even wanted to win- especially at the end there. His decision making is suspect, as witnessed by choosing Palin for... for... uh... her gender and rabid social conservatism, maybe? Maybe? Not much else there.

Obama is doing fine so far, not that there's much "good" to be done. He's interfacing with Congress, listening, and trying to project calm (which McCain was TERRIBLE at). Let's face it- he's [bleep] just like McCain would have been. The economy is a MESS and it's not his doing, and there's no magic wand to wave to fix it. Let us not forget who our fearless leader was for the 8 years prior, and who gave away a trillion dollars to THE WRONG PEOPLE (if there even are "right people" for such stupidity) on his way out the door.

You want to tell me that Republicans are fiscal conservatives, warn me first so I don't blow beer out my nose, OK?

If McCain had won, we'd be going down the same path we are going down now- right? Can we all admit that? We'd all be complaining about the stupid McCain economic stimulus package. he'd be drawing down the war in Iraq over the next 4 years. The rhetoric might be different, but the results would be more or less the same.

As to Obama partying in college... give me a BREAK... who DIDN'T!? George W. Bush snorted coke, smoked pot, and drank like a fish... yet we all voted for HIM.

I know posting this won't endear me to some of you. Oh well. Hopefully you'll at least have some respect for the fact that I ain't gonna lie to you or pretend to be something I'm not. I'm a hippie redneck <g>, live out in the woods, got my guns and trucks and chain saws, but I also got my guitars, mountain bikes, and skiis...damned if I will close my mind and just swallow what the RNC or DNC is putting out. I'll use my own head and decide on the candidates on a case-by-case basis.

Respectfully,

-jeff

I would like to challenge you on that. I didn't vote Obama and challenge your assertion that I am a single issue voter.

He will go for increasing the cost of owning a handgun, restrict guns and ammo, not a doubt in my mind.

He will and has been using the economy as a way to strengthen liberal ideals and dependence of government and increase government spending..

He will increase funding for abortion and lessen any restrictions.

He will weaken out national security by cowering to the ACLU and other liberals who feel detainees should have the same rights as U.S citizens.

We will NOT see any steps towards drilling oil and lessening our dependencies on foreign oil, instead we will dump millions if not billions in to technology that will not make a difference in the short run, and maybe will not pan out at all in the long run. It will be money spent on experimentation on pet projects that won't pan out, money that the private sector should be spending on new products.

He will dump millions into Global Warming, millions that will vanish into thin air, or go to liberal think tanks and liberal programs in the name of Global Warming.

Obama will increase the power and influence that the United Nations has over this country and her funds.

Now I won't tally illegal imigration against Obama, becasue on that I agree, McCain would have been just as bad, neither will do a damn thing about it.

I could go on, but I'll let you catch up, where am I wrong, how does that make me a single issue voter?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 280Ackleyrized, 219 Wasp, 50 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,269
Posts18,504,956
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.