Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 125 of 1,842 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 1841 1842
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Cocka Doodle Err Grunt, Honk, Honk... Been painting my fullbodies a freshcoat of white for snow goose hunting soon to start again. Had to drop in and say hi all and TZone I'm AMAZED Anyone would ever complain or have trouble with a Polaris 4 wheeler.

We have a 92 model 4by4 that pulled an 6 by 8 trailer single axle with maybe a ton of sandbags down the leves and roads in both 93 and 95 for months on end through seep water waste deep, back and forth mile at a time all day eachday load and unload and do it again and again. This thing has had that done to it, pulled the same trailer with 12 to 15 deer and 6 guys at a time all at once countless times. Pulled a 6 by 12 tandem axle with 8 guys in it through mud 1 foot deep over 4 miles each way seven or eight round trips, cousin ran into a telephone pole guide wire ripping the front rack all the way off while rolling down a hill at the same event countless times. I've rolled it hauling out a deer, bro in law and his dad have each rolled it several times while spraying weeds with a sprayer on back. Finally we turned the front rims and wheels around to widen the front end which has helped. Not to mention pulling a pickup bedliner full of people back up the hills eachtime when sledding, throttle wide open lowside 4by and spinning to beat the band and up she goes.

God knows this 4 wheeler has been through H and back many times and she still fires up and smokes alittle till she is ready and off she goes again. We LOVE Polaris around here, cause they can take it!!! Just had to plug the good ole Polaris abit for the good folks that make them, Sorry...LOL.. Smile! Honk Eeek, Honk, CockaDoodle Grunt Snort Wheeze .......

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Man T...you gettin ripped 6 ways from Sunday over that polaris hat comment. You better repent!

Boys....FETCH THE PREACHER!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
he musta learned from dad. grin

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wabo,
sounds like your Polaris is just gettin' warmed up! I have a 500 that I havent put through nearly the challenges you have but it has also worked fine. Simply amazing what they will do.

tzone, man I hope you didnt have any political office aspirations as your comment would come back to haunt you. Kinda like Daschle or those other guys only yours is a much more heinous crime than not paying taxes!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
MN is not a place I'll be running for office. I'm not demacrat enough. I don't have enough money to buy votes either. smile

I'd prolly wear a polaris jacket and an Artic Cat hat if I was though.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ahhh, nice recovery Tzone. Your diplomatic side is starting to show.

I am not democratic/liberal enough to run either.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You know.....that is what gets me. Or should I say pisses me off. They say that MN is a liberal state but if they polled greater MN and not just the cities, we'd be looked at differently. I for one am more repulican than anything BUT I will vote for the one that has the most common sense. I could care less what party your from but if you support and do $hit that makes COMMON SENSE, you got my vote. It just so happens that Dems don't do that very often................

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Dave & Pam - You missed a real fun time today. It was a blast!

For those of you that don't know, we have a snowmobile ride here. It's always the first saturday in february. It is called "The Old Timers Run" It is a run where all these people can bring out their old sleds and do a 40 mile trip while stopping at 6 different lakes bars and registering tickets for prizes. It doesn't have to be old sleds. You can drive newer ones, but that is the fun of the whole deal. Their is many newer sleds but sometimes up to 3000 old ones. Check out the link below and you will get an idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.vintagesnowmobile.com/Photo%20gallery%201a.htm

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I could care less what party your from but if you support and do $hit that makes COMMON SENSE, you got my vote. It just so happens that Dems don't do that very often................

It is the common sense part they are lacking...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[/quote]

It is the common sense part they are lacking... [/quote]

Yep.

Well enough politics. It rained here for a better part of the night and morning and the temp is dropping. Schools are cancelled and a storm is moving in. Once it drops below freezing and we get snow on top it is going to be miserable trying to get home from work. The stretches of gravel roads that I take to and from work were like a skating rink on the hard pack snow/ice. The paved roads were not bad yet because it was still 36* but its going to get ugly. Just hope the power lines don't start snapping! shocked

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
getting a heavy coat of ice on everything up north here.

waiting for the power outages.

bad day to be a lineman.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Started to rain here sometime after 6 this am. I went out at break to grab something from the car, and it was slippery as hell. It is 37* right now, so hopefully it doesn't cool off much more or we'll have much the same as you guys up north do.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just ran and grabbed lunch and it is literally pooring rain right now. Not going to be good. It is times like this when I kick myself for not having a generator wired into the house.

How was fishin ND?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
fishing was poor.

I picked up a snowmobile on saturday that might qualify for that old timers run though grin

1986 indy trail. excellent shape, 23 years old. we did a family ride yesterday up along the canadian border (I mean right on the border cut through the woods) we put on over a hundred miles & that old 86 polaris did just great. neat little sled.

488 fan cooled.

so, good thing we got a good ride in yesterday because the trails are going to be ruined after this rain.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yikes !! that ice stuff is bad stuff . Stay safe and watch yer balance folks . I spun my head yesterday to see if my dog went back to get her basketball ( like a pacifier to her ) on my driveway . Musta looked like a cartoon to my wife only a few feet away on the porch.
Feet above the hips , hand just went off to the side as gravity took over . I gave that ice a good head butt ( I don't think I phased it ) and I think my knee was the next blow inflicted to that dang ice.

Mrs 1894 just about passed out shocked
Between :

Holding back from laughing out loud at my spastic fall .
Ooow , look at that bump and the blood . Are you OK ?
My reply of , Hey I didn't break my glasses and I think I still have all of my teef.
Reassured , but still vigorously fighting back the rolling on the floor laughter , my loving wife said " Well at least you didn't hit / hurt my car laugh

The swelling is going down now, and my knee is better and I'm sure the dents will heal .
Anybody asks though , I'm telling them that "I'm not sure what happened , but I had a bad dream that I was out on a date with Tanya Harding "

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will this hit 2500 replys today ???

An '86 Guess I'm kinda old . I woulda thought the '76 olympic we had qualified as a modern sled ( well it was when I was ridding it )
That old Ski Daddler < sp> with the 18 horse single sitting back in the front seat with the driver .... well a 20 mile trip would have been a lot for that one

Phil

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that would be ice related too, close enough to the truth. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Found a couple pics on the net of what we had for a first snowmobile ( Dad regretted trading a .222 for it though )

Whats not to love ?

[Linked Image]

Keep that motor back from the front

[Linked Image]

We had the mark II .

[Linked Image]

See if this works

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nhsnowmobilemuseum.com/burdicksledshed/images/1968AMFSkiDaddlerBrochure1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nhsnowmobilemuseum.com/burdicksledshed/1968AMFSkiDaddlerSuperScoutMarkI.htm&usg=__9kmnY9q4QvJFtHkZ3ZnGCfsQQ4s=&h=295&w=450&sz=37&hl=en&start=19&um=1&tbnid=Um66Eakb1huWfM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dski%2Bdaddler%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DsRH%26sa%3DN

Last edited by M1894; 02/09/09.

Phil

Page 125 of 1,842 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 59 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.