Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Methinks Kevin has been sneaking too many sips from the koolaid jug. wink
Many people think that...I'm not offended.

I work in energy and study it every day. Alternative energy sources have no more problems than the proven sources did when they started up. If we invest in alternative energy, it will make 100x more difference to the energy equation than domestic drilling (and all for domestic drilling).

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think Hussiens auntie would have been an EXCELLENT president. She knows how to save every penny, stay under the radar of government and knows what its like to have a crap job.
SHE has experience! Barrys just a finger pointer and whiner.

Obama says: Only gov can fix this problem?
Obama says: Quit listening to (insert private citizen)
Obama says: he will drop another trillion if this package doesn't work???? WTF, then ah, WHY are we dropping the hammer on this package in the first place???
Even my one and only real black friend is beginning to wonder where the dude on the campaign trail went to.
Was Mccain really our only choice??

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alternative energy sources have no more problems than the proven sources did when they started up. If we invest in alternative energy, it will make 100x more difference to the energy equation than domestic drilling (and all for domestic drilling).

+1. I hope, we learn that before everything is drilled apart.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drilled apart? What does that mean....that it's possible to split the earth?

Geez, I see a new global threat from the oil industry coming.

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 25souper
Yes I was until I saw the 800,000,000,000 1,300,000,000,000 read god help us

Fixed it for you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What president? I thought we were like Somalia now -- leaderless.

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone hear the quote where bambam has the cure for oil??

OBAMA: "We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires and -- and -- and getting regular tune-ups, you can actually save just as much."

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Skippy said he wouldn't be taking questions at random a few weeks ago. The WH is selecting journalists before pressers that can ask questions and I believe they have to submit the questions beforehand as well.

Welcome to 1984.

Can you imagine the hue and cry if a Republican did that?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Did anyone notice older-than-dirt Helen Thomas in the front row when she tried to ask a question? P-BO just totally ignored her and went right over her and to the right to take a question from the next libby on his list.

Only thing good about the whole night...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I did, i wonder what she was trying to say?

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cmg
+1. I hope, we learn that before everything is drilled apart.
Thanks for the support, but I'm actually for domestic drilling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Did anyone notice older-than-dirt Helen Thomas in the front row when she tried to ask a question? P-BO just totally ignored her and went right over her and to the right to take a question from the next libby on his list.

Only thing good about the whole night...

Yeah, that was good; I'm tired of that wind bag.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alternative energy sources have no more problems than the proven sources did when they started up. If we invest in alternative energy.

Thanks for the support. All I am saying, is lets not drill everything apart and then start on alternatives when we could start now, while drilling.

Maybe just me, but I value unspoiled wilderness, I just do not have enough dough to pay for it. wink

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well you pass on nuclear & domestic drilling as casual exceptions that really are the only proven viable solutions, the rest is theory.
Alternative energy sources have proven to be viable, but need further development. The idea is to spend this stimulus money to develop those energy sources. Nuclear and oil are fully developed and proven, so you don't need to spend any money, you just need to let it happen. You do that through pressuring your representatives. Whether he likes it or not, in the coming years, he's going to have to allow nuclear because we desperately need it. As for drilling, that's going to be a battle.

Viable on paper. Being that I work for a company in CA that prides itself on cutting edge green, we have abandoned our efforts on bio diesel.

Our mechanics were wearing themselves thin changing clogged fuel filters along the side of the highways. They promised us a additive that never materialized, and the whole experiment cost the company thousands. Ethanol we are finding cost more to produce and more gallons to arrive at the same destination. We can't supply enough of it to quench our thirst at least for the years to come. All of these alternatives are in their infancy and still need to be worked on to develop the right product and then figure out how to supply in huge numbers that are needed in this country.

Is there doubt in your mind that oil will be our primary source of energy and transportation for at least the next ten to twenty years?

So why send billions to countries that despise us when in a few years we could be keeping all those dollars in the USA, pay off our debts and provide jobs on top of it, and not have to concern ourselves as much with the middle eastern mess?

The only reason, is Barak Obama bowing down to liberal environmentalist, and for that we send billions to other countries and put our national security at risk. That is not good energy policy!.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd much rather watch the Military Channel even though for some reason they have a fixation on Hitler's Body Guard as it appears that's all they want to run on that channel anymore.

Maybe it's an omen as to what's happening in this country, with Obama, could it be a parallel to that sad event in history and thhis is what has become of this country.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Welcome to the Jimmy Carter years take 2.

Spooky part is that Jimmy Carter was a sharper tool.

Jimmy was just a misguided liberal.

Barak is that AND incapable of practical thoughts.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,288
Posts18,505,199
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.