Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
D
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Originally Posted by daleinohio
Where's Lee Harvey Oswald and John Wilkes Booth when the country needs them? smirk

You know, I was reading this thread just out of curiosity and wasn't really going to post, and I didn't want my first post since joining to be like this but I feel I have to after reading the above post. I don't care WHO you voted for, simply implying that you wish that the President of the United States would be assassinated is inexcusable. So you want to see our country spiral even farther down the tubes? Because a blow like that would only kick us while we are down. There is no occasion where such a sentiment is even remotely appropriate. And I know you were most likely joking but there are some things one does not joke about.

I only asked a question! wink

But the implication of that question is despicable. Frankly, this may be my last post on this site because of posts like this. I don't want to be associated with individuals who feel such a comment is ever appropriate...whether in my personal life or online. Keep those comments up and the gun grabbers in the government will have lots of support from people who believe all of us who shoot and hunt are like you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I liked the speech last night. He says he is not going to look backwards then turns around and talks about the "failed policy" of the last 8 years. Does he not remember having control of the house and senate the last 2 years and that he very much is part of the "failed policy" as the Senator from Illinois?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
See yah!

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lighten up, Francis...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't let the door hit ya.cry Bye.

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
If you voted for Obama,
--do you regret it yet?

If you voted against Ron Paul,
--do you regret it yet?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Where's Lee Harvey Oswald and John Wilkes Booth when the country needs them? smirk

You know, I was reading this thread just out of curiosity and wasn't really going to post, and I didn't want my first post since joining to be like this but I feel I have to after reading the above post. I don't care WHO you voted for, simply implying that you wish that the President of the United States would be assassinated is inexcusable. So you want to see our country spiral even farther down the tubes? Because a blow like that would only kick us while we are down. There is no occasion where such a sentiment is even remotely appropriate. And I know you were most likely joking but there are some things one does not joke about.

I only asked a question! wink

But the implication of that question is despicable. Frankly, this may be my last post on this site because of posts like this. I don't want to be associated with individuals who feel such a comment is ever appropriate...whether in my personal life or online. Keep those comments up and the gun grabbers in the government will have lots of support from people who believe all of us who shoot and hunt are like you.

Jefferson said on multiple occasions that when the Government no longer represented the will of the people, it was reserved to the people to overturn the Government by ANY means possible including revolution. I don't think Jefferson was referring to the writing of harsh letters and picketing.

Though I would never advocate assassination and I don't believe Obama has yet proven he is a tyrant, those that view armed insurrection as distasteful, forget from whence they came.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Jefferson said on multiple occasions that when the Government no longer represented the will of the people, it was reserved to the people to overturn the Government by ANY means possible including revolution. I don't think Jefferson was referring to the writing of harsh letters and picketing."

Unfortunately, I am sad to say that he does represent the will of about half of the people- the no load, loser, mindless, appeasing, spineless, excuse making, cry baby half that couldn't care less about the origins that made this country great.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
"Jefferson said on multiple occasions that when the Government no longer represented the will of the people, it was reserved to the people to overturn the Government by ANY means possible including revolution. I don't think Jefferson was referring to the writing of harsh letters and picketing."

Unfortunately, I am sad to say that he does represent the will of about half of the people- the no load, loser, mindless, appeasing, spineless, excuse making, cry baby half that couldn't care less about the origins that made this country great.

Not the angry, God fearing, gun toting, name calling, patriot half
grin

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barak
If you voted for Obama,
--do you regret it yet?

If you voted against Ron Paul,
--do you regret it yet?

Nope, but I DO regret not putting you on ignore long ago. I have now corrected that error in judgement! smile and it feels good! Unfortunately 3rd party candidates are just a drain on the other 2 and result in the worst choice getting the pick.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Third party candidates have never resulted in anything but heartache in this country. They have a 100% fail rate at the national level and worse have generally caused a worse candidate to actually win in almost every instance.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seems like the red and blue candidates are causing a lot of heartache on their own.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Third party candidates have never resulted in anything but heartache in this country. They have a 100% fail rate at the national level and worse have generally caused a worse candidate to actually win in almost every instance.

WHAT third party candidate has ever caused heartache?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by billhilly
Seems like the red and blue candidates are causing a lot of heartache on their own.

They are causeing more heartache than they are worth--that's fer' sure.........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
...In many cases, because not enough people had the courage to vote for them, but 'satisfied' themselves with the lesser of evils. A sad result accrues, when men compromise with the devil..It is better to do what you know is right in your heart , as GOD gives you the vision to see that right, than to buy into a political parties line, they'll manipulate you every time if they believe it will profit thier grasp on power and control. There's a sucker born every minute. Folks who compromise with the devil are assuredly among the greatest of suckers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't get this vision out of my head of Bush sitting in a leather chair feet up, with a tumbler in one hand and stogy in the other, watching FOX news with a grin on his face.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Henry Ross Perot gave us the Clintons.....

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thought for all who voted for a third-party candidate:

Faced with a choice between A and Z, y'all voted for Y � feel better now? Satisfied that y'all had nothing to do with the result?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Henry Ross Perot gave us the Clintons.....

I kinda' thought that was coming......

The Neo-Con Bush The First gave us Bill Clinton.

Tell me, how bad was the economy during Clinton's reign?.....or the national debt?....or deficit spending?

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thought for all who voted for a third-party candidate:

Faced with a choice between A and Z, y'all voted for Y � feel better now? Satisfied that y'all had nothing to do with the result?

If A and Z are at opposite ends of the spectrum....we essentially had a choice between L and M--if you limit yourself to only two choices that is........which most people do.......

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (320090T, 163bc, 10Glocks, 3333vl, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 28 invisible), 1,812 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,939
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.