Print Thread
Hop To
B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I've never seen this particular question asked before. I wear bi-focal glasses so I can drive truck. I am astigmatic , meaning I need correction for near and far sight.
I do not wear any glasses when I hunt with a scope. I am able to get enough adjustment from my eyepiece to focus the reticle sharply. My question is , when using a scope with parallax adjustment without my vision corrected ( remember-- no glasses used when hunting with a scope ) , am I actually getting the benefit of parallax adjustment? Does this question make sense to those of you in the know about the laws of physics in regard to optics.? Please? for those who reply , don't get into a pissing match with someone you don't agree with. I will filter out what I don't need . Thank you

Everything I say to you is a lie , and that is the truth.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, it will still benefit you by bringing the reticle into focus with the target image, regardless of your eye sight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, it will work perfectly. When parallax is removed with the parallax adjustment, it will stay removed whether you focus they eyepiece to the naked eye without glasses or corrected vision with glasses. Relatively speaking, the eyepiece focus will have no effect on parallax.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yes to both posts above.
The parallax adjustment moves the image plane to coincide with the reticle plane inside the scope. Once adjusted, it doesn't matter if you wear glasses or not, there is no parallax.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What everyone before me has said. I also share your maladies and do not hunt with glasses when I rifle hunt with a scope.

All my BGR's wear scopes with parallax adjustments and they have always been a benefit to me.

Can't imagine them not being a benefit to all users, whether for those who wear glasses or not.

IC B2

B
BIGF00T Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
All above are pretty much as I was thinking , but was not sure. Makes sense now , Thanks men.

Everything I say to you is a lie , and that is the truth.
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by magnumb
What everyone before me has said. I also share your maladies and do not hunt with glasses when I rifle hunt with a scope.

All my BGR's wear scopes with parallax adjustments and they have always been a benefit to me.

Can't imagine them not being a benefit to all users, whether for those who wear glasses or not.

Good point. I'm a glasses wearer, and take them off when hunting too, or just using binox to bird watch, or Deer watch out my back door. It works.

Last edited by DMB; 02/12/09.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you can test it yourself. put your rifle in a steady rest with the crosshairs on the bull at 100 or 150, take your glasses off and move your eye slowly up and down relative to the objective. If the reticle seems to move on the target this is caused by parralax, if when your eye moves the reticle does not travel over the bull, then there is no parralax. I had a scope with a parralax incorrectly set and I would shoot two thru one hole and the last one "away" from the group because I had moved my head. Returned to the factory, issue fixed, problem solved. Apparently they made two models one set for muzzleloader/shotguns (50 yards) and one had gotten into my hands by mistake. They very nicely replaced it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 4th_point, 2ndwind, 79S, 19 invisible), 17,336 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,996
Posts18,540,246
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
3 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.