Print Thread
Hop To
'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
......and I'm bach-ing it for a couple of weeks, only if I didn't have 3 teenagers to keep after! [Linked Image]<P>I put the misses on a plane for Europe this morning, she'll be gone almost two weeks. She'll see France, Italy and Rome. It's the third year in a row I've sent her overseas on a vacation, and it's working well for me. Ya see, I came up with this swap deal....it goes something like this....<BR>"Now baby, you deserve some time away from the kids,...why don't you hop a plane and see some of the things you always wanted to....I'll hold the fort down".<P>Then, come September/August, it goes over a little better when I say, "Now baby, it's time for me to kill some [bleep]!....see ya in about 3 weeks!" [Linked Image]<P>What ya think?...and before ya go bashing my scheme, let me say I have managed to stay happily married to the same woman for 20 years!...good on me!!!!!! [Linked Image]<BR>DS

'Slayer
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slayer, -- works for me, I have a roadrunner also, gives us both a break from daly routine. Mine goes to see family and kids and I go see deer and elk. Great trade off.<BR>-- no<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here is what I do, I take the money from trips I would take solo and give it to Mark so he can go on several trips a year and this way I get the best of both worlds. I stay home and spring clean his items "he'll eventually use", move the furniture around etc, get a break from him [Linked Image], and he comes home happy from hunting and getting a much needed break from the honey do list!! [Linked Image]<P>Toons<P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We do the same thing. It works out GREAT.<P> But it always seems that my wife takes about 2 big trips to my one big hunt. I still do the yearly deer hunting, etc. So I can't complain.<P> Take Care,<P> -Steve<P>

Carpe' Scrotum
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'Slayer:<P>My wife and I have been taking separate vacations for a couple decades. Our preferences in recreational pursuits are very different. So she goes to Europe, or Cancun or Hawaii and her vacations usually cost a bundle so she only goes every other year. <P>In return I get to take a costly vacation adventure ocasionally too. I have gone climbing in Alaska, Canada and Mexico. It's about my turn for a hunting adventure in Alaska.<P>We also take a vacation together each year. A couple months ago we went to Puerto Rico for a week. No hunting, but laying on the beach was just fine with me.<P>Since my hunting is mostly self-guided on public land and in my home state, that's relatively inexpensive. So that doesn't count as an expensive vacation. She gets to take the summer off in return. <P>KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we have moved back to the States, my wife has decided she will go back to Hong Kong in October, when I am hunting Elk in Montana. Works for me. That way I can limit her to just one trip a year. :-) TM

'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
Well dang!...I though I had discovered something!...seems I'm just borrowing an idea that many use! [Linked Image] <P>KC...do the Alaska hunt for your next big one,...it's one you'll never forget!<P>Sonnie, your older and wiser than me, and if it's still working for you, that bodes well for me! [Linked Image]<P>Toons, if you ever need more spring cleaning to fill your slot while he's gone....I may can help ya on that one! [Linked Image]<P>Steve,....I'm just the opposite.....I was taking all the trips, not just two to one, the first decade we were together...then I started to realize something Sonnie also noted in an earlier post on another topic....the misses will grow tired of a fella who is always gone, and she is sitting back at the house.....so about ten years ago,...I implemented the "even-it-out" plan. I told her she owed it to herself to get out and see the world, instead of staying at home bitching about me doing just tha. She said, "but I have no interest in going hunting with you"....so I told her to just travel, go shopping, whatever strikes your fancy, I'll handle the kids while your gone....well, she jumped all over it! She has asked me a couple times if I wanted to go to Europe with her...my reply...."Honey, if I go that far, I'm gonna kill some [bleep]!!" [Linked Image]<BR>DS

'Slayer
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
DS,that last statement is tooo funny.<BR>Lets see ,we have never taken a seprate vacation.Been married going on 28 years,but the thing is we both love to do the same stuff,so for us it was easy.We take all of our vacation for hunting .<BR>I think thats great that you have found a way to work it out so its fair.Good for all of you.<BR>

'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
Deb, you are so fortunate that you and Steve are both hunting finatics!.....just ain't the case in most marriages. Truth be known, I know of many cases where an obsession for hunting has sent marriages right down the tube!....she means more to me than that, but I like having it both ways to be honest,....er' I don't go both ways, I just like having it both ways! [Linked Image]<BR>DS

'Slayer
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Slayer... I was kinda figuring you for one of them Nancy Boys... [Linked Image]<P>The separate vacation gig is the only way to fly. We try to do one as a famly and then one individually as well. Lately, however; I haven't been keep up my end of the deal. I've been a little selfish and I got called on it. The leash has effectively been shortened.<P>

INDY
IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hey DS,if Indy brings the twinkies you better not let him in your tent,he might be missing the lady next door.<BR> Steve knows better then to try to leave me home if he is going hunting.<BR>I have no other passion then hunting and outdoor stuff so that wouldnt fly at all.LOL With most of our friends they dont even want to take there wifes out ,becaues last time they did all they got was complaning because its to far or to cold or well I am sure you all know the drill.LOL<BR>At least with Steve and I we can be out as long as we want with no one rushing us and no reason to get back to camp early.<BR>There is nothing worse then going hunting and having to babyset someone.It even gets on my nerves ,and DS you know I am the picture of kindness LOL <BR>

'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
That you are Deb!...and a truer more honest person I haven't met! You and Steve definitely have the ultimate set-up....I am envious! Heck, if my wife was my hunting partner.....I'd hunt 6 months a year instead of 3!<P>Indy....I have a hot tip....NO TWINKIES FOR YOU, GUY!!!!<BR>...and on you falling short on your end, and being on a short leash.....BAD INDY, BAD INDY!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]<BR>DS

'Slayer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Mrs. Smith, you and your husband have been happily married for 37 years now. To what do you attribute your success?"<P>"Well, we've kept the romance in our marriage. Twice a week we go to a nice restaurant for some good food, some good wine, and (blushing and giggling) usually some flirting. I go on Tuesdays and my husband goes on Fridays."<P>Hmm, and all this time I thought the idea was just a joke! <P>Oh, honeyyy, I have an idea for vacation...! [Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
'
'Slayer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
'
Now Jim...you may wanna ease in to it! [Linked Image]....don't know that I'd drop any bombshells......maybe jsut send her to do something first......like shopping in the nearest Metro area for a few days....them tell her of the hunting trip the guys invited you own for a few days, but your really not interested in! [Linked Image]...she'll make you go!!!!!!!!<BR>DS

'Slayer

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1337Fungi, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,934
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.