Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Free bump.

I wish Williams made that trigger guard still.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Randy, if you get some 7-08 dies, R-15 or Varget, some 120 TSX's or 120 NBT's, you will keep that rifle forever.

If you ever regret selling it, the cost to replace what you have there is crazy high. Kampfeld Rifles are top notch, but you have something nice there too.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I hate to tell you this, but I bought one at a gun show a couple of weeks ago for $800 in 7mm/08 that was almost new. At the Tulsa show there was a guy walking around with a .260 that would let his go for $750. I ran into him a couple of hours later and he still had it. Yep, I probably should have bought it, but the older models are around and can be had. I'm not taking sides, just clarification and stating facts, that the offer was probably fair for all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Texas, good snag dude! I think you have to be lucky to trip on one at that price. It's easy to search the net, and they are not out there that cheap. The smaller local shows generally does not have stuff like that.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Good catch! Maybe you caught an unemployed hungry Okie? Not this Cowboy and I would split it up before I would sell it for 800.00. I eat good and don't need the money that bad. This one will stay in Montana.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bump for a good deal. If I were going to sell my Ti .308 it would be $1800 with the edge, talleys and Jewel.

or you could spend 3 times this much and go NULA.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RDMartin53
Good catch! Maybe you caught an unemployed hungry Okie? Not this Cowboy and I would split it up before I would sell it for 800.00. I eat good and don't need the money that bad. This one will stay in Montana.
Not necessarily so I saw a ti for sale at at trade show in alabama(7-08) for 750.00 so Texasdude is dead on... Ur rifle but at that price it'll just have to saty where it is SIMPLY because I'e seen them cheaper.............NO DIRESPECT to your tread if you fill so please forgive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tripping over ONE nice rifle or handgun at a cheap price does not set the market price for the gun in question. I have picked up some nice collectible guns over the years, and flipped them over for a nice profit. Do I expect to find them at that price wherever and whenever? Nope.

Popapi- you said "I have seen them cheaper". Did they have the same upgrades? My question is, how many have you seen cheaper? One? Two? Ten? Twenty? There is a big difference!

You need to look at what a new replacement would cost, and deduct for used value.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Hey John, Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Where were these guys when I was asking for an opinion?

Marcus, You dug this thread from at least page 50 and you had to spout off with your wisdom? That is rich. Thanks

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

I intentionally let this thread die (I thought) and had decided to keep the rifle. To make it official...

THIS RIFLE IS NOT FOR SALE!

Thanks for all the comments.

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
This pisses me off every time I see it! I'd like to know where RDMartin53 asked for anyone to appraise his rifle and tell him where they can buy one cheaper?
If you look at something and dont like the price roll on!
If you make an offer and its not accepted roll on!
If you like it but cant afford it give it a bump and roll on!

Originally Posted By: '61'10
When I first saw the news I thought it said Obama.. Had to look three times before I realized it said Osama..

Either way I still got excited!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 I think PM's are for dealing, and stupid comments.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Randy, if you decide to sell it down the road a bit, don't be shy. New customers come along all the time, with money.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ICDucks,

There seem to be two schools of thought regarding the Classifieds here. One is that it is a good old capitalist free-for-all where it is just too bad for those who come lacking information and overpay. Another is that Campfire members should take care of one another, even to the extent of providing information that appears to be raining on someone's listing. I don't agree with the first, and I try my best to resist the urge to rain on anyone's listing, but I can see both points of view. I see good deals on here a lot more often than I see gouging, and it seems the people who attempt to gouge either leave here to go to more fruitful territory or get with the program here. I don't think that Mr. Martin was trying to gouge anyone - it looks like he was just trying to recoup his investment in his customized gun.

The appraisal question was opened when the challenge was issued about whether one could indeed find a Rem 700 Ti in 7mm-08 for $800.

My view is that some may appreciate the upgrades and are willing to pay full price for the gun and full price for the upgrades, and others may not be interested in the upgrades and value the gun differently. It seems to be common knowledge that one rarely gets all his money out of custom rifles (or even semi-custom rifles), but if the right buyer sees the ad and the gun is exactly what the buyer wants, then the seller may get all of his money out of the gun (perhaps with some level of discount due to use/round count or cosmetic issues). The marketplace didn't work out that way in this case, but it might on another occasion because that gun might be worth $1400 to someone besides the seller. Just because it isn't a great bargain doesn't mean it's not a fair deal to someone who wants what that gun has to offer. I think most people can see that even if there are some posts questioning whether the seller is appropriately valuing the goods offered for sale.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Yes ir I have seen them cheaper with other add ons good luck and I hope sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
deleted

Last edited by avagadro; 02/11/09. Reason: None of my business

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
All RIGHT GUYS!! Just let it go!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had to use much restraint when you were "laffin" at me.

M
M
Best thing is....his heart isn't broken! And to thunk that many thought those darn rifles were made of gold!

SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 1badf350, 14 invisible), 11,773 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,291
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.