Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe I just need someone to talk me into buying 2 pairs at once....lol

I hate the idea that they might not fit, but am guessing I could sell em down the road if they dont fit me well enough. I havea pair of 10" Lowa Sheephunters in the 'wide' model and am hoping that these would fit fine....just having a hard time decidnig if I need 2 pairs or just the short ones...lol

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll have some 8" boots arriving in a day or two and I'll hang a pic for you, if nobody else does it by then.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a couple pair in 11's - one low and one high......There were a couple pair of 11-high still left at the Gander Mountain in Green Bay if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the head's up on these.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Here is a pic of both a high & a low.

[Linked Image]

Where all the white women at?
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
got mine today.

got to say, I've never been hunting in the mountains before - prepping for my first trip now. tried the meindl perfekt 10's, the meindl canada hunters, and settled on the meindl alaska hunters for fit, support and stiffness.

put these on today. the sole doesn't seem as stiff as the meindls, but then again, the alaska hunters are pretty stiff, imo.

the boots have more flex in the ankle than the meindls. but they are exceptionally comfortable, and even with the extra "flex", don't feel as though they compromise ankle support.

i feel as though they are very comparable to the meindl perfekt hunters.

suffice it to say, i cut the tags off and put a coat of obenauf's on them. though i've only been wearing them around the house tonight, i've very pleased with the comfort and fit. to think that i got them for $80 (tax/shipping included) is amazing. if i didn't have other gear to buy, it would be hard not to resist the temptation to "stock up" on another pair.

thanks for the heads up, grimace.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting the pic of the two....

I have a pair of the shorts coming....might regret not gettin both pairs but I figure I can make do with the short ones and my Lowa Sheephunters for the heavy duty stuff...

Thanks again to the guys sharin this info, and thanks especially to Skane, who went and grabbed me a pair at his local store.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Got my 8 inch size 13's today....they seem to be real quality boots and they feel good and are pretty comfortable...need some breaking in...dont know how warm they are ....they say "duotherm"...guess that is like thinsulate...will find out how warm they are this winter..
thanks again grimace

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Afterum,

Did it say how much insulation they had, 200g, 400g???

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My understanding is that they are uninsulated boots. The "duotherm" was just underneath the footbed.

That could be wrong, but it's what I was told. These boots are thin, and if they are insulated it isn't much at all.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
No, there was no indication of any kind of insulation value. The word "duotherm" however is written all over the lining of the boot, making me think it is in more than just the sole, but I dont know for sure. BTW there are "gore tex" stickers all over the place and "vibram" too.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That could be the case. I know you have to take what the Gander employee's say with a grain of salt sometimes and they are the ones who told me what I posted above. LOL.

I surely don't consider them a winter boot. But due to our locations, our definition of winter might be a little different. (grin)

[Linked Image]

G
Grimace Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by LC
Can someone tell me what temperature/conditions these boots would be used for? I understand they have a duratherm insulaion, but do not see if they are a 200, 400 gram etc...
Thanks for the info.

Been out of the country for a week...so sorry for the delayed response. When I spoke to the AKU rep a while back, he said that they use Duratherm in Europe (instead of Thinsulate) and that the 8" boot has about 400 grams & the 10" about 800. Pretty much standard for hunting boots of this caliber.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's pretty good info....and better than I would have thought the boots had. I should pass that on the guy selling boots at Gander. Thanks again for the info Grimace!!!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One of the guys I talked to said they have about 200 grams insulation though are labeled uninsulated.

I just bought a pair Gander Mountain in Lubbock Tx. they have gone down in price again. I think $59.97 with the tax it was $64.92. They ordered in a 12 low for me. Daughter goes to Tech so will have her go pick them up.

I have a narrow foot, the 13 lows I had sent to me from Wichita, KS. feel litle wide. I'm afraid they may stretch in break in & end up with the sides touching in the middle no more room to pull laces tighter. They said they would take back the 13's from Wichita if the 12 fit better when I get down there to visit. May just keep both. Chris was Great help there in Lubbock (806) 785-1591.

I just wonder what other 3 Rivers products they have on sale? Should have asked.

Sig

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. - Billy the Kid.

Democracy is two wolves & a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
- Benjamin Franklin
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
no other boots, that's for sure.. my buddy asked whether there was an upland boot in the 3 forks line, and the wapiti was the only boot...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got my 11 lows today.....great boot!!

Only issue I have is I'm used to wearing Lowa in the 'wide' model and these definatly are more narrow.....

Trying to decide if they might stretch a bit side to side or if its worth selling them and grabbing a new pair of Lowas down the road...

Nice boots so I'll wear them around the house for a couple days and decide....amazing quality for the price!!!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I've been wearing mine every since I got them and they seem fine so far. As usual the cheapo insole is the pits but I always have to change it out anyways, so oh well! I do like them though.

M
M
I have a pair of highs and a pair of lows on the way both in size 10.5. I wore the highs two times don't like them. I would be willing to part with them if someone needs a pair. I need what I paid for them and I,ll eat the shipping. get back with me mac1649yahoo.com

Anybody still interested in the Aku Wapiti 8 in or 10 in? I just saw 35 pair,in all sizes. I will get the run down on all the sizes and get the Phone # for you all and post it tomorrow. Good boots, I came home and researched them and they are a winner. Stay tuned and you will have a pair or two. Thanks for the info on these boots, I am going back to get myself a pair and that is how I will get an inventory. Anyone interested, give me a heads up tonight. Thanks.

Live everyday... Like it's your last!
Gander Mountain in North Palm Beach, Fl. still have lots....
Aku Wapiti 8in. - size 10 = 1 Pair ...10 in. - Size 9 = 2 pair
10.5 = 4 10 = 1
11 = 3 10.5 = 3
11.5 = 1 11.5 = 8
12 = 1 12 = 7
13 = 1
Good luck fellas, I hope this helps.

Live everyday... Like it's your last!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 163bc, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,889 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,539
Posts18,509,962
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.